Mariners teal bill caps

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on starting a Bowel Movement, does that count?

Good luck with the 'rups. It'd look cool.

Way to soil my thread...literally. Nah, jk.

But are you sure you didn't mean to post that on Jake's thread about the Rockies' stirrups? I love how stirrups look but I couldn't care less if the M's wore them, I would certainly settle for just plain socks being shown though.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

But are you sure you didn't mean to post that on Jake's thread about the Rockies' stirrups? I love how stirrups look but I couldn't care less if the M's wore them, I would certainly settle for just plain socks being shown though.

It was mostly made in reference to the first post of his on page 2.

Realistically, I believe we are going to see the teal brimmed caps alot more often next year and further into the future. The cap is too nice.

The Navy moved into an alternate role would be ideal.

Same as hoping the Marlins use Orange at home full time.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

the M's did the teal bill at home/solid navy on the road idea ever since they came up with their current uni set in 1993, which I think you could argue was well before the whole "add an alternate to boost merchandise sales" movement.

You could make that argument, but you'd be factually incorrect.

It actually started a couple years earlier; at the latest, it was 1991 when the Florida Marlins unveiled their uniforms (including an alternate), designed by MLB Properties with an eye towards boosting merchandise sales via alternates and a trendy color scheme.

When the Mariners unveiled their current set, they did so with full knowledge of its merchandising potential.

Realistically, I believe we are going to see the teal brimmed caps alot more often next year and further into the future. The cap is too nice.

"Well maybe that will be the next movement. But for now it's stirrups. Do to guys have any ideas of different stripe patterns that might work out better with their current jersey? I guess the road is now Pinstripe free, so maybe they would look better on the road?"

-Me

???

~~~~~

Edit: Oooooooooohhhh. In THIS thread. I see. Ah. well then. I have made myself look like a fool.

the M's did the teal bill at home/solid navy on the road idea ever since they came up with their current uni set in 1993, which I think you could argue was well before the whole "add an alternate to boost merchandise sales" movement.

You could make that argument, but you'd be factually incorrect.

Well Played.

"Well maybe that will be the next movement. But for now it's stirrups. Do to guys have any ideas of different stripe patterns that might work out better with their current jersey? I guess the road is now Pinstripe free, so maybe they would look better on the road?"

-Me

???

~~~~~

Edit: Oooooooooohhhh. In THIS thread. I see. Ah. well then. I have made myself look like a fool.

That brings up another potential point of interest. In addition to the cap revision, what would everyone think if the M's got stirrups similar to those that Jake is advocating for the Rox?

Personally, I see it this way: striped socks would be just as good as striped stirrups. Could someone maybe do a mock-up of some navy socks/stirrups with teal stripes? But if it comes down to those ugly long '70s-'80s stirrups, I'll take plain socks any day. Either way, I would like to see more socks showing. I hate the pajama pants look.

But first things first, let's get those teal bills back to where they belong!

I'm emailing the Mariners to try to get the teal-billed cap back full time too. Maybe I got greedy but I'm also trying to convince them to return the alternate teal cap as well. ^_^

I don't get why it would be so difficult to get more teal caps. It could only help in the merchandise sales department. :huh:

With that awesome teal they have, the team has such potential for great uniforms. For what ever reason they seem to be stuck and won't stray away from their current look. Not anything wrong with it, but it is kind of growing stale. Look at how long it took them to add they teal jersey back, and a full year longer to bring back the teal brim.

Mariners are wearing the teal jerseys/brims tonight. First time I've actually got to see them on TV this season. Beautiful. I agree with the teal-brim movement.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I'm emailing the Mariners to try to get the teal-billed cap back full time too. Maybe I got greedy but I'm also trying to convince them to return the alternate teal cap as well. ^_^

I don't get why it would be so difficult to get more teal caps. It could only help in the merchandise sales department. :huh:

Dude, awesome! I'm going to do the same sometime this weekend. Heck, if more people do it then maybe they will listen! As for the teal-crowned alt cap, that would be icing on the cake, but I won't lose too much sleep if they say no but still keep the teal bill in sight.

While we're at it, I know the general consensus is that metallic-billed caps should stay back in the '90s, but does anyone else feel differently about the M's silver billed compass alt cap and maybe care to chime in on that?

I really appreciate the support, guys. The teal bill shall return!

-Mojo

As for that compass/silver bill cap, I am OK with it. The thing about it is that if the M's were going to use it, it would only work with a navy alternate that featured little teal and more silver. But in the overall scheme of things right now, it just doesn't fit well with the direction they're going with now. I own that cap because it's just so rare to me

Go A's!

The compass alt cap was a mystery in and of itself because many publicity and promo shots exist of M's players wearing them with the home whites. But in all of my searches, the only context in which I have seen those caps in game action is in spring training games. Pics of those in regular season action are next to impossible to find, although many people have confirmed that they were worn at various times with the home whites, home alt vests, and BP jerseys. I rely on secondhand info for a lot of this since I was too young to know any better when either this or the teal alt cap was worn.

I too own the compass alt cap, and being the kind of person I am (belonging to this forum), each time I wear it makes me wonder about its history and why it was discontinued and in fact so seldom seen in the first place.

For the record though, let's keep in mind that these alts are great but they are simply the icing on the cake that is to be--the return of the teal bill! :D

The compass alt cap was a mystery in and of itself because many publicity and promo shots exist of M's players wearing them with the home whites. But in all of my searches, the only context in which I have seen those caps in game action is in spring training games. Pics of those in regular season action are next to impossible to find, although many people have confirmed that they were worn at various times with the home whites, home alt vests, and BP jerseys. I rely on secondhand info for a lot of this since I was too young to know any better when either this or the teal alt cap was worn.

I too own the compass alt cap, and being the kind of person I am (belonging to this forum), each time I wear it makes me wonder about its history and why it was discontinued and in fact so seldom seen in the first place.

For the record though, let's keep in mind that these alts are great but they are simply the icing on the cake that is to be--the return of the teal bill! :D

All I know about that cap is from here

http://marinersuniforms.bravehost.com/93tonow.htm

Go A's!

While we're at it, I know the general consensus is that metallic-billed caps should stay back in the '90s, but does anyone else feel differently about the M's silver billed compass alt cap and maybe care to chime in on that?

I've never liked the 3930 Spring Training caps and have always thought the teams ought to have a 5950 for those games. I'd like to see that cap return in that capacity. Since the Mariners like to emphasize metallic silver in the BP and ST gear, why not get a cap which does just that?

I've never liked the 3930 Spring Training caps and have always thought the teams ought to have a 5950 for those games. I'd like to see that cap return in that capacity. Since the Mariners like to emphasize metallic silver in the BP and ST gear, why not get a cap which does just that?

Funny you should say that, I was thinking that exact same thing earlier today. A silver bill would be the perfect addition to the spring training/BP uni. As sad as I was to see the BP teal bill go, I admit it looked awkward with the jersey, which has almost no teal.

Not sure I agree with the 5950 idea though. The 3930s are perfect for spring training/BP IMO, much better than the old mesh-style 5950s. The one thing they could do to improve the current 3930s would be to remove that stupid piping. The M's were one of the few smart teams to not choose a contrasting piping color.

I currently wear my teal bill BP cap to work everyday, but with the dust and grime my job involves, it's getting dirty quickly. Gonna be time to freshen up the identity pretty soon. Long live the teal!

-Mojo

Archived