Mariners teal bill caps

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think logos work on a case-by-case basis. The Blue Jays have, IMO, maybe the best cap in all of baseball and they feature a logo. But not necessarily all mascot/logos work. The compass rose alone may be alright for an alt cap and definitely BP, but not a primary cap. And honestly the Mariners need it for any game cap. The teal billed and all navy are the only caps needed to be worn. If it's letters, it should be the city/location. I do give an exception to the A's and White Sox. If it can be done with 3 or less letters AND looks good, then ok. But otherwise I don't like monogrammed letters representing the nickname. However I find myself loving the Angels using the A. The symmetry of it lends to an excellent cap logo. Plus it did represent the city at the time it began being used and still carries relevance due to the nickname. Plus there's a history of using the A-lo and I think adding the L may take away from the logo.

Metallic fabric should NEVER be used for the bill or crown of a cap. Never has and never will look good, Mariners's included.

You know, I always forget about the Angels when the monogram discussion comes up. The "A" logo was fine when it could have stood for Anaheim. Now that it stands for the team name (with a therefore redundant halo on top), I dislike it. I would reluctantly say that the Angles are grandfathered in for the time being, but should they ever change their jerseys, they need to go to an "LA" logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

M's teal bill at home, Angels navy crown/red bill at home and solid navy on the road, and Jays white panel at home. These moves alone would make nearly everything alright in the AL.

As far as an "LA" cap logo for the Angels, never liked it. The stand-alone A helps differentiate them more from the Dodgers.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

M's teal bill at home, Angels navy crown/red bill at home and solid navy on the road, and Jays white panel at home. These moves alone would make nearly everything alright in the AL.

As far as an "LA" cap logo for the Angels, never liked it. The stand-alone A helps differentiate them more from the Dodgers.

The current Blue Jays cap is perfect and far superior to the white panel cap, which should only ever exist in BP form.

I always loved this, without the halo...

51K9yLFxGcL._SX300_.jpg

What is the red horizontal stroke in the A. Don't tell me that actually did that. Has to be a mistake, right?

It was part of the "A", but they messed it up on the example I posted by leaving off the white outline, didn't they?

p-549705-los-angeles-angels-la-interlock-logo-1961-1965-mlb-baseball-jersey-patch-bjp-es-85198-0234.jpgAlbiePearson.jpg

Archived