Mariners teal bill caps

I suggest you wear the teal bill cap with the home jersey to a game so everyone can see how good the combo looks.

A sign with your "feel the teal" slogan is also a good idea.

Meh. I would plunk down some money for a replica jersey right away if only they weren't so dang expensive. I guess this might be the time to splurge though if there ever was one. :P

Just buy a counterfeit jersey. They're cheaper, of the same quality as the legits, and no one can tell the difference! :P

I'm neutral as to whether they should wear the teal-billed caps or the all navy caps with the home uniform. Both look great, but I guess they should go with the teal bills just for the sake of uniqueness.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest you wear the teal bill cap with the home jersey to a game so everyone can see how good the combo looks.

Meh. I would plunk down some money for a replica jersey right away if only they weren't so dang expensive. I guess this might be the time to splurge though if there ever was one. :P

Just buy a counterfeit jersey. They're cheaper, of the same quality as the legits, and no one can tell the difference! :P

I'm neutral as to whether they should wear the teal-billed caps or the all navy caps with the home uniform. Both look great, but I guess they should go with the teal bills just for the sake of uniqueness.

Ugh. Say no to fakes. You can get a legit blank replica on eBay for ~$35... or a game used jersey for ~$60 (so long as you're OK with a spring training reject's jersey.)

I was unsuccessful in getting any of the players to hear my idea during batting practice on Saturday. I was however able to witness an epic game that night, the kind that keeps you on the edge of your seat regardless of where the teams are in the standings.

I did email the Mariners on Friday night though, and although I have yet to receive a response to my request/idea, I'm still going to remain optimistic that at least the powers that be will take notice of so many people supporting this.

For anyone else who supports the teal bill movement or who would at least be interested in some more variety, here's the link to email the club:

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/help/email.jsp?c_id=sea&primarySubject=Other&secondarySubject=None&dest=fanfeedback@mariners.mlb.com

Feel the teal!

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Say no to fakes. You can get a legit blank replica on eBay for ~$35... or a game used jersey for ~$60 (so long as you're OK with a spring training reject's jersey.)

089218447890.jpg

I have a Mariners teal billed cap from the 90's and I've been wearing it all the time since I first saw this thread. I know it might not make that big of a difference because I live in so cal but at least people are noticing all throughout the west coast haha. I also prefer the Mariners look of '95 wearing the teal bill at home. I even wish they still used the Kingdome but thats a whole different story.

But I wanted the people in this thread who own an original 90's teal bill and the current teal bill, Are the the same color because it seems like the newer one is a little lighter when I see it at stores.

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

• 1 year later...

I would love to see the Mariners wear caps with teal bills both at home and on the road to compliment navy and teal updated versions of their 1981-1986 uniforms, pullover jerseys and sansabelt knickers. However, I would love to see the Mariners' trident make its return to the cap. You would have a navy cap with a teal bill with a silver trident (preferably the 81-86 version, minus the star) on the front with a teal trim. That would be part of my Mariners 'Back to the Future' campaign.

I would love to see the Mariners wear caps with teal bills both at home and on the road to compliment navy and teal updated versions of their 1981-1986 uniforms, pullover jerseys and sansabelt knickers. However, I would love to see the Mariners' trident make its return to the cap. You would have a navy cap with a teal bill with a silver trident (preferably the 81-86 version, minus the star) on the front with a teal trim. That would be part of my Mariners 'Back to the Future' campaign.

fuck-off-please.jpg

You know those guys who get out of jail and go right back to doing what put them in there in the first place...

Anyway, the Mariners teal jerseys look beautiful in person. Saw them up close in their team store in 2010 and the color -- both teal and silver -- looks excellent. I'm not as big of a fan of the teal-billed cap, though. When they wore it with white instead of teal jerseys it works better IMO. Any slight differences in any cap and jersey throw me off, and Seattle's qualify. Pet peeve, I guess.

I am still pushing this campaign to an extent, though personal time for me is more limited. I stand by my conviction that the teal bill must be used regularly at home again, yet it appears that a greater following is needed in order to truly make a case to the Mariners' marketing department.

FWIW, I had a strange dream last night in which a Rangers-M's game at Safeco featured the M's in their old teal-crowned, navy-billed alternate caps with the regular home white unis--but with the Rangers in BP gear with powder blue throwback pants. Hopefully it wasn't trying to tell me to give up on my crazy dream. Never.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Not really fan of the teal bill. I prefer when our and other teams' hats/bills are the same color.

79330774_detail.png

And this coming from a fellow Washingtonian...ouch. Nah it's okay, I respect your opinion. But your little creation there makes me begin to wonder what an all teal M's cap would look like on the field.

I know, sorry. I just don't care for 2-tone ballcaps. Something about them seems too complicated.

I prefer one-color caps as well, but not all two-toned ones are bad, and in this case, far superior to the alternative. It's a case-by-case basis.

Well, since this thread has been bumped, I might as well add two cents...

There are several cases where two-toned caps look better than they would have had the bill been the color of the crown. A few that come to mind are:

pMLB2-3536797nm.jpgpMLB2-11543499nm.jpgpMLB2-2546031nm.jpgpMLB2-3537630nm.jpgpMLB2-2546017nm.jpgpMLB2-14803133nm.jpg

Since there is a limit on the number of images that can be included in a single post, I'll continue here...

There are other examples where the alternate color bill looks forced and out-of-place, but that opinion is obviously and admittedly based more on tradition and history than on cosmetics, since some of these closely resemble some of those in the above post...

pMLB2-14493802nm.jpgpMLB2-8892719nm.jpgpMLB2-3537270nm.jpg

I was with you until that last one - the Reds look terrible with a black bill.

Contrasting bills only look good if they're lighter than the crown. And only when the squatchee matches the bill (the only major error in the Astros' set).

I believe those last posted were ones he thought did not look good.

Not really fan of the teal bill. I prefer when our and other teams' hats/bills are the same color.

79330774_detail.png

And this coming from a fellow Washingtonian...ouch. Nah it's okay, I respect your opinion. But your little creation there makes me begin to wonder what an all teal M's cap would look like on the field.

I know, sorry. I just don't care for 2-tone ballcaps. Something about them seems too complicated.

I prefer one-color caps as well, but not all two-toned ones are bad, and in this case, far superior to the alternative. It's a case-by-case basis.

Well, since this thread has been bumped, I might as well add two cents...

There are several cases where two-toned caps look better than they would have had the bill been the color of the crown. A few that come to mind are:

pMLB2-3536797nm.jpgpMLB2-11543499nm.jpgpMLB2-2546031nm.jpgpMLB2-3537630nm.jpgpMLB2-2546017nm.jpgpMLB2-14803133nm.jpg

Heh, agree with all but the Rangers. They're a one-color cap all the way, and preferably a blue one. I do like the idea of that proper athletic gold crowned cap for the Buccos but only as a Sunday cap with their primary jerseys. The all-black cap should always be used in any other capacity, and if a choice had to be made, should be the only cap.

I was with you until that last one - the Reds look terrible with a black bill.

Contrasting bills only look good if they're lighter than the crown. And only when the squatchee matches the bill (the only major error in the Astros' set).

I believe those last posted were ones he thought did not look good.

Yes, that's correct. Those last three should be solids, especially the Reds. And I can't believe I forgot one, which, along with the Reds, is one of the worst ideas for a two-toned cap in MLB history. The classic solid blue Cubs cap should never have been messed with...

MP10001050340_P255075_180X180.jpg

Archived