Cassell believes his health was the reason.......

the_cynic

Isn't it true that in the last 15 years about only 5 teams have one a champ?

Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Spurs, Lakers...am I missing anybody?

Also, would somebody care to add the years?

89, 90 Pistons

91,92,93 Bulls

94,95 Rockets

96,97,98 Bulls

99 Spurs

00,01,02 Lakers

03 Spurs

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Malone and Reggie Miller deserve to end their careers with no rings.

Why?

...because Malone stole an MVP award that Jordan should have had (and because he's a chump)... and because Miller tried to pick a fight with Jordan, and because he's got one of the uglier shots in the league (Shaq's free-throw form notwithstanding... yikes).

All my opinion of course. ^_^ I don't hate them as people, just as basketball players.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Why?

...because Malone stole an MVP award that Jordan should have had (and because he's a chump)... and because Miller tried to pick a fight with Jordan, and because he's got one of the uglier shots in the league (Shaq's free-throw form notwithstanding... yikes).

All my opinion of course. ^_^ I don't hate them as people, just as basketball players.

Oh, I feel so sorry for Michael Jordan. I don't think your case really stands! :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Why?

I think Reggie deserves a ring, but not Malone. The fact that Reggie stuck with Indiana despite the tough times he went through there (ie. his brand new house being burned down before he ever got the chance to live in it; the death threats he recieved) shows real loyalty to the Pacers. I don't think Malone deserves won because he threw away his loyalty to a team and basically told the city "You can't win one, so I'll go elsewhere where I can win one". And to me, that's a slap in the face.

And SyPhi... Ugliest shot or not -- he's got the best shot in the history of the league.

IUe6Hvh.png

Cassell would have helped the Wolves, but a part of me thinks that it would only have meant that the Lakers would have had to "turn it on" more, or earlier, in order to win.

It's pretty rough when the Lakers have two of the top 10 point guards in the league and Cassell and Hudson (the 2nd best backup PG in the league, imo) cannot play. Darrick Martin put forth solid effort, but he can't get it done.

One thing that frustrates me is that they get 3 to 4 days off between games in the first two rounds, then the wolves beat SAC and have one day off before playing the Lakers--on four or five days rest--in part because the lakers won in 6, but also they were a day ahead of the wolves on the schedule. The home team won every game except game 1--where the Wolves (and KG) were tired.

I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but I will say this. Certain people get deference from the officials--and the two most prominant happen to play for the Lakers. I hated with Jordan and I hate it with Shaq/Kobe. THe NBA is worse than the other leagues for this. (yes I know Shaq was getting screwed yesterday, but we all know the stars get most of the calls). When the Wolves went from playing the Kings to the Lakers, you could just tell the differeence immediately.

Oh please let the Wolves be healthy next year....they may just win it all.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I gotta give it up to the Lake Show, i dont like em, but they have proven wrong a idiom thrown around in sports...

"You cannot turn it on and off on your whim."

The Lakers have proven this year that they can.

I Love Sammy's moxie, which makes him who he is, one of the finer clutch players in the league, but whos to say. Troy was great last year, but who knows if he helps or hurts, he loves the quick shot. Sam was hurt, but where was Gary Payton, you have to think he steps up if our guys do. (yah, im from MN)

I think we lose the series either way, kinda on what Tank is saying, no way, with all the storylines the Lakers have, do they let them get ousted for a Detroit/Indiana (now det) Minnesota series. They are watching the NHL get beat out by Fullhouse and Cosby show reruns (they really are,) and they dont want the national viewers getting board with guys they dont recognize.

Paranoid? Not really, I think they DID want a game 7, if anyone was watching, the Wolfies got ALL the calls, and still couldent pull it out.

Touche' Lakers, enjoy it, as it looks like your time MAY be limited on top.

Im no prognostigator, but...

T'Wolves in 05

When it's all said and done.........GO LAKERS!!!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

If the Lakers dont hold it together and lose a few key players I would rate teh Wolves as a favorite next year.

The Wolves will be a year older. The team that scares me is San Antonio. They should be able to re-sign Ginobli and Turkoglu and still have around $6-7 mil in cap room. Plus, any team with Duncan has to be counted on to do well.

Certain people get deference from the officials--and the two most prominant happen to play for the Lakers. I hated with Jordan and I hate it with Shaq/Kobe.

Agreed, but come on, it's not like KG gets preferential treatment or anything as well. No one gets as much as the Lakers, but the Wolves get their fair share. If anyone else in the league complained as much as Sam Cassell, odds are they would never even make it to halftime.

Archived