MLS by mcrosby and capitalcanuck

mcrosby

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All look great, especially the alternate. Something seems slightly off with the diagonal stripe on the alternate though, it looks like it goes off the jersey a little. Other than that, great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

2013: With Chivas updating their logo and kits the LA Galaxy also feel the need to update their set. They go to a gold color to represent their place among the MLS, and combine their eras to come up with a greenish-blue color. The sashes used on two of the kits have become iconic of the franchise, and the vertical sash is a bit of a throwback for them.

Stay tuned, 2013 will bring two expansion teams.

Picture%2035.png?token=brBSMwCuV9&mbox=Sent&uid=490&number=5&type=image&subtype=png

The third jersey concept is the best one IMO. Not sure I'm feeling the green for the Cosmos, that jersey doesn't feel as New York to me. Anyway, the change kit fits better with the 3rd so I would keep your home jersey as a third and elevate your current 3rd jersey to the primary.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

You left the Nike logos on the bottom of the home jersey, othe then that they look good but I'm not feeling the jets colors for the cosmos

Um, bro? Umbro is owned by Nike, bro (though I guess it still could be a mistake...).

If you guys are using different manufacturers, I'm disappointed to see that you're using the same number font for all the teams. Especially that hideous font the MLS currently uses thanks to Adidas' incessant branding.

Other than that, I like what I see (though, I would like a Cosmos home kit closer to this rather than the inverse which makes a great change kit, IMO).

I have to do some more reading in this thread, but I just popped in to see a Cosmos design and am excited to go see the rest of what you've done.

Most of the jerseys are great designs, but I liked that the sash was unique to the Galaxy. It made them instantly identifiable, like FC Dallas and the hoops.

I've really been enjoying Umbro's work with the Cosmos, it's a huge shame that if they finally do expand to the MLS they'll be taken over by Adidas. I'm not sure if you've seen Umbro's recent Blackout Collection, but that would make an awesome base for your third jersey design.

The Nike logos on the home was a mistake I originally made cosmos a nike team then change them to umbro. the home kit I know has been getting some slack but I based it off the 1977 kit from the nasl team. Font wise however is a different story mcrosby and I have been working on a font but it won't be introduced until 2015 season but for now it's the hidious adidas font

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Everything about NY Cosmos is pretty much perfect, although I don't know how I feel about the sash going down the third jersey, since it's a pretty over-used design, but I'll allow the lack of green in the away and clash kits since the home kit is just so friggin sexy.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

If (read When) the league expands further and becomes two tiers of 20 teams each you can look forward to this dandy:

Just a preview, more C&C gets a bigger reveal.

Picture12-4.png

This has something to do with Pittsburgh, doesn't it?

Let's see...black and yellow ball (with hypocycloid shape to boot), part of a stylized bridge silhouette in the background...and alternating blue and white squares at the bottom, just like in the checkerboard element of the city's shield emblem.

(One suggesto, though, if my guess is correct: it looks columbia on my phone screen. Penguins be damned, baby blue just doesn't fit the "Pittsburgh image", if that makes any sense. That said, how about a blue akin to tge Detroit Lions' honolulu blue? It's close enough to the actual royal, yet still, as a third color, is distinctive enough to add a hint of uniqueness to the color set.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Tonight will be the posting of the final 2013 team. For now, here's the logo and the storyline:

The MLS continues to expand in 2013, promising two additional teams. The first reveal is expected to be the Cosmos, but again fans are let down. Instead the league moves to the Gateway to the West. This is done in part due to the huge success of Sporting KC. The team revives the former AC St. Louis name and updates their former logo to include the famous arch. The team is a natural rivalry for Sporting KC and shares bad blood with Chicago and Columbus as well but struggles to draw the crowds it had hoped for in its first season.

AC St. Louis is the first MLS team to play in a dome, sharing space with the St. Louis Rams. After fielding a playoff team and drawing the crowds they had initially hoped for the team promises the building of a new, outdoor stadium in partnership with the Rams and the city who are in desperate need of help. The MLS comes to the rescue of the NFL team and a joint stadium is built.

Picture3-1.png

Archived