MLS by mcrosby and capitalcanuck

mcrosby

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC St. Louis is one of those teams I've been waiting for and so far may be the best you guys have posted.

Every single one of these kits is a beauty, but let's start with the home. The pattern on the jersey definetly goes well with the whole image you guys created for the team, with the classy fleur-de-lis providing a designer-esque design to the kit, combined with one of my favorite color schemes of all time, a dark red matched with gold and white. I swear, even the Scottrade logo looks sexy on all these things. I'm glad you didn't go with the pattern on the sleeves and kept those straight red. The shorts I'm okay with, only because they come off as classy, but I would have been much-more satisfied if you took a leap of sorts and went with something more bold like a giant fleur-de-lis on the side of the shorts to give it some "umph", but the kit is definitely classy as is. Besides that, my only minor adjustment would be adding gold stripping on the sleeves of the home kit much like there is red stripes on the away kit to go beautifully with the gold stripes on the bottom of the white shorts.

But even better may be the arch implemented on the center of the jersey, perhaps done in the most shameless way, and is a unique addition to the image of AC St. Louis. Of course St. Louis teams use the arch as a bold symbol of the city, and rightly so, but the decision to just have it on the front of the away kit and on the border of their logo is simply genius.

The clash kit is something else as well. The gold is very sexy, although I've never been a fan of gold kits on television, for any sport. Just doesn't look the same as it does on paper, to me at least. But anyway, the white and red stripes are dope and give the kit it's real flavor, while the one striped socks are that extra bit us nerds dream about.

Overall AC St. Louis looks freakin golden, and I continue to anticipate more team debuts!

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Big update here. I've been hard at work on some more logos and am proud to present the MLS's newest venture:

Promotion and Relegation.

The MLS will have two divisions of 20 teams each. The Cup Division will compete for the MLS cup, while the 2nd Division will compete for a spot in Cup play. As with the EPL, the bottom three top division teams will be relegated, with the top 2 second division teams getting automatic promotion and a division championship game and the 3rd and 4th place teams competing in a one game playoff for the final spot.

This system will do away with the divisions based on geography. It will inevitably create perennially great and perennially poor teams, but salary caps hope to combat this (to a point).

Consider this post a bump, with eight new logos and the rest of the uniforms to follow. Toronto should be posted very soon.

Picture18-2.png

Not to beat a dead horse or anything but "Bayern" means Bavaria, not bavarian. That would be bayerisch, so if you're going for "bavarian" then it's probably best to just use english, and Bavarian Milwaukee sounds kinda nice. Bayern Milwaukee gets your point across and connects Bayern München nicely but it's not really accurate/correct...

Although as I'm typing this, Bayern Munich vs Bayern München.... I guess to non-german speakers it's always Bayern Munich. Welp, nevermind then, carry on.

Moving on... love AC St Louis' kits, the crest looks fiiiiiine on the jerseys, but kinda "meh" by itself, I think the background color really makes the arch pop vs the white background not providing a huge contrast, looks kinda odd by itself.

Fantastic series shaping up here, keep it up guys.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

So much to love here. Love the Pittsburgh crest and the potential of the pine green color with New England.

The one crest that I don't quite like is Omaha. It just doesn't feel up to par with the other ones.

If you look earlier in the thread you'll see that NEFC pine green. As for Omaha, they look to be the Penn State of the league. Hopefully you'll like them more when you see the kits and the alternate logo.

Love the Tampa Bay and Ottawa crests. The Rowdies current logo is a nice start but looks like nothing more than a wordmark. I would contact them with that crest to see if they'll bite. Ottawa will be getting their NASL team in 2014 as well, might not be a bad idea to contact them.

And here are all 40. The original 20 will compromise the Cup Division in year one of the tier system.

Picture21-2.png

Did you get rid of the Atlanta team? :-( I don't want to live in this world.

Edit: Nevermind! Go Terminus!

And here are all 40. The original 20 will compromise the Cup Division in year one of the tier system.

Picture21-2.png

Nice change on the Earthquakes logo. Good compromise between your original logo and the one off in their current color scheme you posted later on. Bringing back the blue was the right thing to do, and frankly it looks far sharper than the teal did. :notworthy:

Any more C&C on the newly released logos? Also, how does everyone feel about the new Vancouver colors?

I know they're small but I'd like to get them as near to perfection as possible before posting them individually.

Normally, I'm ecstatic when someone uses brown and light blue together, but the Whitecaps are one of the most historic soccer clubs in North America and double blue is a tradition for them that goes all the way back to 1979. I think it's best to keep it the way it is.

Any more C&C on the newly released logos? Also, how does everyone feel about the new Vancouver colors?

I know they're small but I'd like to get them as near to perfection as possible before posting them individually.

Normally, I'm ecstatic when someone uses brown and light blue together, but the Whitecaps are one of the most historic soccer clubs in North America and double blue is a tradition for them that goes all the way back to 1979. I think it's best to keep it the way it is.

I had double blue for a long time, but I just couldn't resist the browns....And as a Packer fan who loves the Green (not Blue) and Gold I have faith in a new color set becoming iconic.

Thoughts on the Division logos anyone?

Oh, one thing I'm not really a fan of is the combo of orange and aqua. Orange is my favorite color, and I'm not sure if that's the best use of it. For Phoenix, I'd suggest black/bronze/aqua like this, and then for Atlanta, I found peach is a really cool color to work with, and navy seems to work too, even dark green.

Archived