nfl pre-season alts

lancealot

That Steelers is brilliant! It coincidentally reminds me a little of the Gotham Rouges (Fictional team from The Dark Kight Rises, filmed at Heinz Field in Pitt and which used Ward and other Steelers as the players)

The Bengals one is not your fault, Cincy just has a wacky flag.

Also the Oakland one could easily be used as an ALT or new version for Baylor! I love the metallic gold ND looking helmet.

EDIT: I'm super pumped to see the NFC West.

Yeah, kind of disagree; you're not using some elements from the flag, but you make others up. I think the blue and white wavy lines on the helmet are fine because they appear on the flag and they are kinda reminiscent of the actual helmet. But there are no red stripes on the flag, so why have them elsewhere on the uniform? And then, you ignore the Oak leaf, scales, etc. So, no, the Cincinnati flag is no "wackier" than, say, Baltimore.

Yeah I understand what you mean, I wasn't insulting Cincy's flag, I was just saying most flags even Baltimore kind of give patterns or shapes to work with, but Maryland (State flag) and Cincy are two examples of ones that need a little more creativity to translate to a jersey.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steelers and Browns look great!

You're on the right track with the Bengals. I think the tweaking of the waves to look more like tiger stripes made it feel slightly awkward, especially on the helmet. Then again, it's hard to make anything that isn't tiger stripes look like tiger stripes on a Bengals uniform...you might want to try a red jersey instead of white, and use white stripes in place of red to better represent the flag. It could mirror their orange alternate jersey.

Aside from the awkward striping, I really like the look of the helmet.

its 2013 and the nfl is going to allow each team to have an extra alternate jersey based on their city flag (using the colours and logos) designed by Nike but based on their regular uniforms. they decided to try them out in the pre-season of 2013, to see if jersey sales go well and the jerseys are excepted by fans.

I don't think Ravens fans would accept those jerseys, seeing as they are almost identical to the Steelers. I don't think you meant to do that, the flags are very similar color-wise. Try incorporating a little more purple into the design. The yellow Raven doesn't look bad, but it's nearly invisible on the pants.

This is my first C&C, hope it helps!

@santoleri3 i see where you are coming from, i think ill do what someone else sugested and go with a red jersey, any sugestions on where i can use the oak leaf ect.?

I WOULD say the right hip, but you already have the "Flag C" on the right hip. If you go with Red jerseys, maybe the oak leaf gores where the red & blue stripes are now? It might look too busy, just an idea.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I want to see you turn the Cowboys into the Texans. :rolleyes:

Here's the Dallas Flag:

dallas_flag.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

ok so here is an update on the bengals

jldga.jpg

and here is the afc east

for the pats i used the tree and the stars off the flag in place of the flying elvis

95i3f.jpg

for the bills i merged the logo with a lightning bolt off the flag

ddfHi.jpg

KcWyF.jpg

i took the sunburst out of the logo and replaced it with the roundell from the flag and the palm tree

xPuQM.jpg

c&c would be apreciated :)

Love the Jets and Dolphins, really nice job on those. The Bills look a lot like the current Patriots to me, but that's probably unavoidable with that flag. Patriots are also solid, way to get rid of the flying elvis.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I'm loving this so far. My only complaint is the way the tree is in a sideways position inside the stars for the Patriots. It would look better if the tree was upright. Other than that, everything else is solid.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Miles better on the Bengals. Good job.

Curious as to how you're gonna do the Giants...

For the giants I'm either thinking the ny state flag or the new jersey flag since they are based there

Between the two I'd recommend New York. New Jersey would probably make for some gaudy yellow jerseys...

Miles better on the Bengals. Good job.

Curious as to how you're gonna do the Giants...

For the giants I'm either thinking the ny state flag or the new jersey flag since they are based there

Between the two I'd recommend New York. New Jersey would probably make for some gaudy yellow jerseys...

Exactly why I'm recommending the Jersey flag, even as a rabid New Yorker.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Admittedly, I'm not quite as crazy about the yellow Raven as others are. It looks alright, but I feel as though it could have been kept black, and the helmet made yellow to accommodate it. I wonder how this would look? A yellow helmet would help to further differentiate the set from the Steelers', and make it so that the two sets would have opposite colors for all three major uni components.

Archived