nfl pre-season alts

lancealot

its 2013 and the nfl is going to allow each team to have an extra alternate jersey based on their city flag (using the colours and logos) designed by Nike but based on their regular uniforms. they decided to try them out in the pre-season of 2013, to see if jersey sales go well and the jerseys are excepted by fans.

so here is the afc west

KkS7g.jpg

a7cSX.jpg

A8Wlf.jpg

jhlw1.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great idea and a cool set of concepts. I like all of them except San Diego, because I think the two-colored helmet is a bad idea. Other than that, nice job

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

One of the more cooler ideas. I like all of those. I can't wait to see Jacksonville's. Ugly city colors. Orange, yellow and brown.

I shudder everytime I come across one of our city flags ... the only saving graces is old Stonewall on his horse. Is a truly ugly flag.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

One of the more cooler ideas. I like all of those. I can't wait to see Jacksonville's. Ugly city colors. Orange, yellow and brown.

I shudder everytime I come across one of our city flags ... the only saving graces is old Stonewall on his horse. Is a truly ugly flag.

Agreed. Jacksonville's silhouette looks like a dude with a mullet. Very fitting.

@eddiej1984 I have already done them and tried to not make them look that bad haha

@fox really? that probably my fave of these four

update 1: i added the city flag and a new helmet template, i also got rid of the dual colour helmet for san diego and made all the bolts consistent

z8XLK.jpg

8kc0s.jpg

eycU7.jpg

Qf3Sx.jpg

That Steelers is brilliant! It coincidentally reminds me a little of the Gotham Rouges (Fictional team from The Dark Kight Rises, filmed at Heinz Field in Pitt and which used Ward and other Steelers as the players)

steelers.jpg

The Bengals one is not your fault, Cincy just has a wacky flag.

Also the Oakland one could easily be used as an ALT or new version for Baylor! I love the metallic gold ND looking helmet.

EDIT: I'm super pumped to see the NFC West.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

That Steelers is brilliant! It coincidentally reminds me a little of the Gotham Rouges (Fictional team from The Dark Kight Rises, filmed at Heinz Field in Pitt and which used Ward and other Steelers as the players)

steelers.jpg

The Bengals one is not your fault, Cincy just has a wacky flag.

Also the Oakland one could easily be used as an ALT or new version for Baylor! I love the metallic gold ND looking helmet.

EDIT: I'm super pumped to see the NFC West.

Yeah, kind of disagree; you're not using some elements from the flag, but you make others up. I think the blue and white wavy lines on the helmet are fine because they appear on the flag and they are kinda reminiscent of the actual helmet. But there are no red stripes on the flag, so why have them elsewhere on the uniform? And then, you ignore the Oak leaf, scales, etc. So, no, the Cincinnati flag is no "wackier" than, say, Baltimore.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Archived