Tampa Bay Lightning concepts

habsfan1

A mix of modern and 90's style.

Lightning2-1.png

And yeah, I got the idea from the Stockton Thunder. But I did the bolts and the striping in my own different way.

Really like it. Its something different but personally I'd like to see more silver incorporated into the design somehow.

The lightning stripes are awesome, but the logo is lacking, IMO. Tampa Bay and Lightning are in different fonts, they get in the way of the bolt, and they're too small. I also think that you don't need to have a lightning stripe on the bottom too. Try making that a white stipe

The totally different typefaces are actually what the Lightning used to use, yes, very tacky. I'd tweak their logo rather than use theirs, since it was never very strong because of the typefaces. I'm really digging that bottom stripe, I didn't think something like that could be pulled off but you did it.

rATMcmK.png

I like it a lot!

But I do agree that the 2007 logo would look better.

And if you're going to put a silver outline somewhere, I think It would look good on the black part of the arms

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

The first one looks great. I'd be stoked if the Lightning wore something like this. A 90's expansion team should not be playing original six dress up. Not a fan of the second one but that's hardly your fault.

Okay, I added two new concepts. The concepts each use one of Tampa Bay's primary logos. All the jerseys kept the same style with lightning bolts on the sleeves.

Lightning2-2.png

That's it! That's the one you should use. The lighting bolt on the logo matches the lightning bolt stripe, witch looks perfect. I also like the one where you used the current logo but with black tied in, very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Now THAT is an out there concept. Not sure if I'd want to see it worn on the ice but have to give credit for creativity.

Yeah, that was kind of the point. I did not attempt to make something realistic. I was just playing around with the gradient tool and other features just to practise making decent looking images, or concepts. Well actually, the Juniors use really wacky jerseys for special occasion games, so this could be used as a one-nighter for a specific game.

I also made one for the Hurricanes.

Archived