2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Chiefs player shoots girlfriend to death. Then kills self in front of the team. Coward.

Clearly severe mental illness was involved. How does cowardice factor into this at all?

I agree with Cujo. Cowards commit suicide. As well as murder girlfriends.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiefs player shoots girlfriend to death. Then kills self in front of the team. Coward.

Clearly severe mental illness was involved. How does cowardice factor into this at all?

I agree with Cujo. Cowards commit suicide. As well as murder girlfriends.

Were it just suicide, then I'd suggest depression or mental illness, but killing someone, then yourself, that's cowardly.

I don't really feel like dealing with discussing Suicide in this thread, we've done it in the past with the Seau death.

Until you deal with it in your life, you have no room to call anyone a coward. It's a terrible story, wrong on so many levels. But please don't saying deeming until we get the whole story.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex. Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' practice facility.

Upon arriving, Snapp said that police witnessed a black male in a car with a handgun to his head talking to two Chiefs officials. That's when police heard a gunshot.

Members of the Chiefs organization told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that some players noticed the shooter was troubled in his car, and went in the facility and told someone, before Pioli and Crennel called police and went outside to talk to him. The player then killed himself in front of them.

Snapp said that before turning the gun on himself, the player thanked Pioli and Crennel for all they had done for him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's terrible and unfortunate news to hear. Is it possible for the Chiefs to play a day later on Monday instead of tomorrow?

Do you even play the game? Two days isn't going to make the players feel better. It's not like the game matters standing wise. Though the draft order could matter.

Personally, I'd say "No" to having the game held tomorrow. I would try to reschedule it to be played at a later date in the season.

I don't really feel like dealing with discussing Suicide in this thread, we've done it in the past with the Seau death.

Until you deal with it in your life, you have no room to call anyone a coward. It's a terrible story, wrong on so many levels. But please don't saying deeming until we get the whole story.

HE KILLED HIS FRIGGIN GIRLFRIEND! He is no hero. HE IS A COWARD!!!!! What a jackass thing to say otherwise.

How does cowardice factor into this at all?

Murdering a woman before taking his own life is is the act of a coward.

As we many of us think or say to ourselves when such a tragedy happen, "Why didn't he just take his life first?" Instead, her life ends because of him.

Tragic. Sad.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't know why people think we are talking about just suicide. No, we are talking about this piece of slime that killed his girlfriend then went to work to kill himself in front of his coworkers. If you don't think that is cowardly then you are a piece of S**t.

This whole "Suicide is Cowardly" thing? Stahp. Nobody cares. That particular avenue of discussion has no profit.

Regarding Belcher, after shooting his girlfriend, he fled. She was still alive while Belcher was tearing ass towards the Arrowhead facilities, and may have killed himself in front of Piolo/Crennel before she was officially diseased. I have no idea regarding the context behind what triggered the shooting, but her Mom was visiting them and may have been there when it took place. I'm genuinely surprised he left anyone alive, but *sighhh* I guess we will find out. It's just got my head spinning.

The major thing that is going to be discussed over the next couple weeks is all manner of OMG CONCUSSIONS AND THE NFL stuff, which is putting a giant cart before the horse. We don't know anything about this guy, but there was at least one report of him doing something somewhat deranged when he was in college. Source is a Deadspin commenter/former uMaine EMT, so it may likely be just some steaming pile of horse :censored: , but if confirmed may have merit in this present event:

One night Javon got angry over a girl, and punched a window, the shards of glass cut his wrist, and completely severed his right thumb. When we pulled up on scene he was sitting on the sidewalk, a huge pool of blood around him. He passed out from loss of blood on the way to the ER.

We got him to the hospital in time to save the thumb, and I was always impressed to see him in the NFL.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This whole "Suicide is Cowardly" thing? Stahp. Nobody cares. That particular avenue of discussion has no profit.

One more time. No one called suicide cowardly. We are calling Belcher a coward. He is a coward.

Well he's a dead coward, so kudos to all who want to stand on his corpse and feel morally relieved at pointing out the demented exit of a guy who paid the ultimate price already, that's your prerogative. I just don't see the point just yet. I'm not saying he WASN'T a "coward" or terrible human being, but we don't know the whole story, that's all.

Also I guess this is the second murder/suicide the Chiefs had to deal w/ this year. I guess two stadium workers got into an argument that culminated that a woman was shot and her shooter killed himself on Chiefs property. Not related at all, obviously, but there it is.

twitter

Nobody's released an official statement outside of the police, but I highly doubt the NFL cancels this game. The Chiefs, if they so choose, can forfeit the contest. Here's a haggard summary regarding that:

• • Forfeit . The Commissioner, (except in cases of disciplinary action; see last section on "Removing Team from Field"), League President, and their representatives, including referees, are not authorized unilaterally to declare forfeits. A forfeit occurs only when a game is not played because of the failure or refusal of one team to participate. In that event, the other team, if ready and willing to play, is the winner by a score of 2-0.
  • If an emergency arises that may require cancellation, postponement, or termination (see above), the highest ranking representative from the Commissioner’s office working the game in a "control" capacity will consult with the Commissioner, League President, or game-day duty officer designated by the League (by telephone, if that person is not in attendance) concerning such decision. If circumstances warrant, the League representative should also attempt to consult with the weather bureau and with appropriate security personnel of the League, club, stadium, and local authorities. If no representative from the Commissioner’s office is working the game in a "control" capacity, the referee will be in charge (see "Authority of Referee" below).

This is obviously more putting the cart before the horse, but there it is for the curious.

Edit: random junk per Y! Sports Jeff Passan's twitter:

KC Mayor Sly James on the Chiefs: "They think there should be a game tomorrow."

twitter

Archived