2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on field related, but I guess the Texans and Broncos have announced they're both getting new video boards in the coming off season. While the Broncos are going to be nice, they'll be pretty standard fare among new boards. The Texans however, being from Texas and wanting to do it big, will usurp the title of largest video board from Jerry's World. To see just how big it is going to be compared to the rest of the league a guy on reddit came up with this great graphic. (Chargers, Vikings and Raiders fans may want to cry now).

nfl_scoreboard_sizes.png

Jeff Saturday doesn't even start in his own team, yet he's a starting pro bowler. Great job, fans.

As a Packer fan, I agree. Saturday hasn't been all that great this year, and you see once he doesn't start the O-Line probably has their best game of the year. John Sullivan was robbed, I'm sure he's the first replacement though at Center.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sean Payton agrees in principle to a 5-year extension reportedly worth $38 million. Now they can take down the creepy banner. :D

This was something that had me a bit worried. As you may or may not know (or care), Payton's contract had been voided by the league over some contract language and he could've become a free agent so to speak after this season. Love him or hate him, he could have rung the register with an enormous offer from some team needing a coach. So this is welcome news. From what I've seen in a couple of interviews, the bounty thing seems to have humbled Payton a bit, and that's a good thing.

For anyone who feels they overspent, here's an interesting take on the deal from a business point of view.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Jamaal Charles - RB:

• 3rd in NFL in Rushing yards (1st in AFC)

Tamba Hali - OLB:

• 22nd in NFL in Sacks (10th in AFC, 4th OLB in AFC)

Derrick Johnson - ILB:

• 15 in NFL in Tackles (6th in AFC, 4th ILB in AFC)

Eric Berry - SS:

• IDK why

Dustin Colquitt - P:

• 2nd most punts inside of 20 (1st in AFC)

So most of them have the stats to back them up.

Plus the Pro Bowl isn't a team selection, it's an individual player selection game.

Just because team X has a better record doesn't mean they statistically have a better player than team Y.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Report: The Browns will sh1tcan head coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert immediately following Cleveland's game vs. the Steelers tomorrow.

Which will mean nothing if they hire Josh McDaniels.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Report: The Browns will sh1tcan head coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert immediately following Cleveland's game vs. the Steelers tomorrow.

Which would mean another Patriots assstant-turned Browns head joke coach. They don't call it "The Mistake by the Lake" for nothing!

6uXNWAo.png

Not on field related, but I guess the Texans and Broncos have announced they're both getting new video boards in the coming off season. While the Broncos are going to be nice, they'll be pretty standard fare among new boards. The Texans however, being from Texas and wanting to do it big, will usurp the title of largest video board from Jerry's World. To see just how big it is going to be compared to the rest of the league a guy on reddit came up with this great graphic. (Chargers, Vikings and Raiders fans may want to cry now).

nfl_scoreboard_sizes.png

Interesting that the four smallest screens are in one current and three former baseball stadiums.

You'd think with the baseball that the screens might be a little larger for the amount of stats and whatever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Which would mean another Patriots assstant-turned Browns head joke coach. They don't call it "The Mistake by the Lake" for nothing!

The Jets had a fantastic season. Head coach Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez have been the greatest duo to ever enter the NFL.

The Jets had a fantastic season. Head coach Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez have been the greatest duo to ever enter the NFL.

True. The Jets had a craptacular season. But I've gotta give the Browns credit for somehow finding a way to do worse. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived