ExposGotRobbed's MLB

ExposGotRobbed94

First up: New York Yankees

I wont post things that I haven't changed so if I don't post the logo or the cap it means the logo or the cap is the same

Changes:

1. Standardized the "NY".

2. Used the script logo for the road.

3. Chaned the "Midnight Navy" to the regular "Navy" the Yankees used to use.

4. Change the socks so they look like stirrups (or fake stirrups).

YankeesHome.pngYankeesRoad.png

C&C would be appreciated

[EDIT] Sorry for the largeness I'll try to have that fixed for my next Concept

Exposgotrobbed94.png

Never Forget 1994

expostimeline.png

Lincecum Eephus Pitch

I like the sentiment behind the stirrups with the Yankees being a traditional team, but I'd still rather have solid-colored socks, at least on the pinstriped home jersey. To me, stirrups look out of place when the jersey and pants are pinstriped. Other than that, this is a great start. Thumbs up on standardizing the interlocking "NY" and using that script on the road uniform. Solid 9/10 for me and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. Welcome aboard. :)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks.

This is actually my first concept (Or well technically second because I lost the first one..... long story) but I did exactly what I did the first time.

[EDIT] I also forgot to say that I will make edits to the concepts for every Five concepts I post . So my 6th post that would normally be a concept it will actually be edits of the previous five and so on.

Exposgotrobbed94.png

Never Forget 1994

expostimeline.png

Lincecum Eephus Pitch

Great first concept. I love how you standardized the NY, no complaints on the home jersey. I also love the script on the road jersey. However, I feel like the road jersey is too plain right now. Try a sleeve stripe, maybe a white outline on the script, or even a pants stripe? Just a couple suggestions to jazz it up a little. Overall, though, a nice effort on the Yankees, especially for a first concept. Welcome to the boards!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I'm just not feeling that Yankees concept. The "print" Yankees logo doesn't look good on the front of a jersey. On the road, both the piping and the wordmark are pretty thin.

For Montréal, try thinning down the pants stripes. I know they're supposed to be thick as a nod to the 80s jerseys, but they're too thick as is. Also, you're best off making the side stripes on the jersey go all the way up as full-on racing stripes.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

1. Don't worry about what anyone is saying about stirrups vs socks. In reality it'd be the player who decides what they're comfortable in, so put whatever you want in your concept. Most players would probably wear their pants low anyway, but of the ones that wouldn't, most would probably opt for solid socks, so that probably gives the best representation... but isn't required.

2. The blending of eras for the Expos actually works - especially if they were still in olympic stadium. If they had moved to a more traditional park, then I'd probably say to scrap this and go in a different direction.

3. The side stripes on the jersey don't look right without sleeve stripes. Maybe put them back on the sleeves, but go a little bit thinner so that it's at least a slight modification from their '80s look.

4. You didn't post a cap, but I'd recommend the solid blue for both sets. Maybe have the pinwheel as a home alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

LOVE that road jersey for Montreal, I would buy that for sure. I agree with BigBubba to make the pants stripes a little thinner but other than that really nice job on the Expos set.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived