Lights Out's NFL: Revisited

Lights Out

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DETROIT LIONS

fQT3T.png

I5XZc.png

A couple things. I think removing the lines away from the logo removes a lot of its movement which was the goal of the new logo. The script also lost its movement. Also, I it looks more like the Carolina Panthers than the Michigan Panthers to me.

I love the honolulu blue pants and facemask, though.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

2Ormc.png

fO5ep.png

The Steelers, like the Lions and Browns, suffer from huge sleeve stripes that don't fit any modern uniform cut and haven't looked good since Zubaz and Hammer Pants were considered stylish. I greatly simplified their striping, going for a three-hypocycloid design that is repeated on the pants. For the numbers, I used a stencil font with a sublimated stainless steel pattern. The helmet would have a stainless steel texture motif (which didn't show up well at all) and, most importantly, the logo finally on both sides.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

BUFFALO BILLS

Ba6a6.png

cA8y2.png

One of my biggest gripes about sports branding is the glut of red, white, and blue teams across the MLB, NFL, and NBA. Whenever I do a series, I usually try to cut down on the cliched RWB scheme. In that mindset, I decided to take a big risk on the Bills. Instead of red, white, and blue, the Bills would be decked out in Sabres navy, yellow, and grey. Because in my series, the Chargers would use powder blue and yellow, and the Rams would use royal blue and yellow, this wouldn't look TOO similar to any other team. I used a custom number font, updated the Bills' dated primary logo, used a new striping pattern based on the stripe in their primary logo, and in an attempt to imitate the Super Bowl-era Bills' color distribution, used yellow helmets despite the uniforms being blue-dominant.

xLmjWVv.png

The Steelers are gorgeous! That's a very nice design, fantastically done.

The Bills...um...you know what? I like it. Alot. More than I would expect myself to. Those colors just look great on a football uniform, especially how you have them lined up. Well done.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Steelers look great, especially the steel texture on the numbers. Very creative. On the Bills, I am surprised by how much I like the concept. A daring concept to be sure, but it really turned out well. Only thing I would do would be to change the color of the motion line on the buffalo to royal to offer more contrast. Good job switching from to a more untraditional scheme.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I love the packers, though I don't like the stencil on their logo.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

BUFFALO BILLS

Ba6a6.png

cA8y2.png

One of my biggest gripes about sports branding is the glut of red, white, and blue teams across the MLB, NFL, and NBA. Whenever I do a series, I usually try to cut down on the cliched RWB scheme. In that mindset, I decided to take a big risk on the Bills. Instead of red, white, and blue, the Bills would be decked out in Sabres navy, yellow, and grey. Because in my series, the Chargers would use powder blue and yellow, and the Rams would use royal blue and yellow, this wouldn't look TOO similar to any other team. I used a custom number font, updated the Bills' dated primary logo, used a new striping pattern based on the stripe in their primary logo, and in an attempt to imitate the Super Bowl-era Bills' color distribution, used yellow helmets despite the uniforms being blue-dominant.

Out of all the major sports leagues in this country, the NFL has the least number of red/white/blue teams. And the Bills just don't look right in any other color scheme.

But I do LOVE the new Bills logo. I really think it's time they stepped into the 21st century with that.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Nobody has any thoughts on the Packers?

You brought back the Forrest Gregg pants... all Packers fans hate you now. :P

Also, stencil fonts should never have outlines because the point is for it to look like someone could've applied it using a stencil and a spray can. I'd just fatten up the numbers and go with a single color.

CAROLINA PANTHERS

LDM0X.png

CGLlP.png

Black and hot pink is a badass color scheme (just ask the Calgary Hitmen) that I wish at least one pro sports team had the balls to use. With that in mind, I took a risk and used it on the Carolina Panthers. Pink works for them, IMO, as Charlotte is known as the Queen's City, and pink is a color long associated with royalty. I used a unique collar design and claw-mark striping, while making a custom number font based on their wordmark. The helmet is matte black with a shiny decal.

xLmjWVv.png

Love the Panthers set. I like the ideas for the numbers for most teams, it just wouldn't work on an on-field uniform. With the Panthers you managed to add some flair, but keep it simple at the same time.

Also, I love the Steelers pants, a nice touch adding the three diamond things.

No, the panthers set would be great but not in black and hot pink. I could see that work as a one time set for Breast Cancer Awarness since the NFL always does the pink gear but not a full color set, go back to black and blue and if it must be changed, experiment with different shades of blue. This set would be perfect with a black and blue scheme.

As for the Packers, go with illwauks suggestions and ditch the outline, it looks too clutered, the stencil font could still work for them though.

You have way too much going on with the Steelers numbers, just stick with the stainless steel texture. You defeat the purpose of making it unique by having two teams with stencil fonts, and it just doesn't fit with your Steelers set anyways.

The Bills aren't bad, the uniforms would be better if you would reverse the shoulder stripes because they are reversed from the logo stripes. Also, I hate the number font, I applaud that you're trying to be unique but it doesn't look like a NFL team to me. Don't care for the color scheme but once again I like that you're trying to be unique.

Now for my favorite team, the Falcons, this set has a lot of potential, I actually like the number font but I wonder if it would look better without the middle line (even that makes it different from the logo). I don't like the gray though, I think you need to ditch it for a white set and change the helmet to red. They would look alot like their throwback set which is one of my favorite NFL uniforms. Also the black color you used for the Falcons needs to be darker, it looks kind of navy blue to me.

I really like the Cardinals, Colts, Cowboys, and 49ers sets though. Nice work so far.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I'm not digging the color scheme for the Panthers. It's not that it looks bad, I just can't really picture it out on the field and the fans actually liking it. Another issue I have is the collar. We've seen how terrible the two-tone collars look so I would keep it to one color on the collars just for the sake of how it would look on the field.

CAROLINA PANTHERS

LDM0X.png

CGLlP.png

Black and hot pink is a badass color scheme (just ask the Calgary Hitmen) that I wish at least one pro sports team had the balls to use. With that in mind, I took a risk and used it on the Carolina Panthers. Pink works for them, IMO, as Charlotte is known as the Queen's City, and pink is a color long associated with royalty. I used a unique collar design and claw-mark striping, while making a custom number font based on their wordmark. The helmet is matte black with a shiny decal.

Maybe in 1986.

Sorry, but the hot pink ruins it. Otherwise, great uniform, but you need that blue.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived