Lights Out's NFL: Revisited

Lights Out

I'm enjoying this series.

I love the Phins update. I do think you missed the mark a tad on the pants. Why not bring a contrasting stripe down next to the sunburst pattern on the pants? That way it would very-much match the cuffs/collar.It works like it is, but it wouldn't hurt, it would really help bring it all together, adding aqua to the white pants, which I think is needed.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Miami concept is nearly flawless. I absolutely love the pants striping with the sun-rays, as well as the jersey striping with the same effect. The logo you got going on is absolutely gorgeous, and is probably the route they will end up taking whenever the day comes where the franchise decides to update their logo. Great stuff!

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I absolutely hate what you did with the Browns, as I do wiht most of your concepts, but everything else here is VERY SOLID. Love the Giants, Dolphins, and Rams especially. Great work overall here, something I usually don't think about your design choices!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I do like the idea of using the sunburst as pants striping, but I think on the pants on the road jersey the sunburst would look better in white, it offers more contrast.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

DALLAS COWBOYS

ntcvj.png

PZol7.png

The Cowboys' identity is quite frankly the biggest trainwreck in professional sports branding. They can't even choose one shade of blue and one shade of silver, let alone a number font, wordmark, or striping pattern. I gave them a complete overhaul, as it's sorely needed at this point. I picked their distinctive shades of navy and silver-green and used them for everything (while adding touches of white where necessary to prevent the uniforms from looking washed-out), and also brought back the '90s double-star uniforms in a slightly updated fashion. I brought back the Cowboys' iconic Staubach-era number font, and made a wordmark to match it. This uniform calls back to the Cowboys' storied past while also looking modern, fresh, and most importantly, consistent.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Now, I am a die-hard Cowboys fan, and I am nearly always a traditionalist with my favorite teams. But this, man, this is awesome, and your best concept so far in this series. I love the increase in the use of silver, the new number font, and the wordmark based on it. The only thing I would change would be to try making the stars on the shoulders of the home jersey white to make it a little less muted. Overall though, fantastic job updating the Cowboys set. Major props.

Cohenj.png

CINCINNATI BENGALS

x2iPh.png

WGFnD.png

If the Cowboys have the league's ugliest mess of an identity, the Bengals are neck-and-neck with the Patriots for second-ugliest. I'd say the Bengals' current uniforms were dated, but they were never in style in the first place. Their current font is too similar to the Bears', and the design features many of the same unnecessary elements that Reebok ironically forced into the NHL's "Edge" uniforms a few years later - awkward panels, seemingly-random coloration, and a design that just doesn't flow together. It's a damn shame that one of the best helmets in the NFL is currently wasted on one of the league's worst uniforms.

I got rid of all the ugliness and went back to their classic uniforms - tiger-striped blocks on the shoulders and pants. I kept the current wordmarks and used them on the chest, while selecting number and NOB fonts that I felt looked good with the wordmarks. I also brought back the black pants from 2003, but instead of a black monochrome combo, they'd be strictly for use on the road.

(The tiger stripes came from this graphic, for the record.)

xLmjWVv.png

The Bengals are sheer perfection. No complaints whatsover.

The Cowboys, however, need some tweaking. For starters, I don't like the new script. It looks quite generic and lacks the character the current one does. I'd either go back to the current one or make an entirely new one altogether. Second, I think the front and back numbers of the navy jersey may look better as white rather than silver green. That jersey just needs something to pop - while the design is nice, the particular colors as used give off a bit of a dreary, dull look (keep in mind, this isn't to say I dislike the colors as a whole - they were the right choice for the identity - I just don't like the over-abundance of silver-green on the navy set). White numbers would certainly help to liven it up a bit. The white jersey looks great, though, as does the idea of the design. Good on you for choosing the silver-green rather than regular silver to be the secondary color, too. Again, that was the right choice for what you were going for, I think.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

why are they blue?

Check your monitor - it looks black to me.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Xgena.png

3fBq3.png

I love their new identity the way it is, but it wouldn't be fun or challenging to just keep them the same. I took their current uniforms, added some more lime green here and there, and cleaned up the helmet. The wing pattern is gone - instead, the front and pants striping is shaped like the seahawk logo, which is a subtle reference to the Seahawks' classic uniforms. The navy is brightened to a shade closer to the Seahawks' old proprietary Seahawk Blue color, and the number and NOB fonts are cleaned up and unified. I also made new simple wordmarks.

xLmjWVv.png

This is certainly an adventurous set, but I actually like it alot. The lime green numbers look really good. The only thing I don't really like is the shoulder striping, I think it should be kept to just blue on the home and just white on the road. Really good job other than that, though.

Cohenj.png

I like that Western-style font for the numbers, something I wouldn't have thought of but something that definitely goes well with the Colts brand. I love the idea of the horseshoe-style sleeve striping, but I would get rid of the edges that stick out because that part just doesn't look good on the jersey. I think you definitely get that cool horseshoe pattern without those edges. Other than that, solid job.

Cohenj.png

Archived