UMass announces new uniforms, shows off new black helmet

Are those logos a product of Phoenix Design? I hate bevels...but the fact that this logo mainly white bothers me. Their helmet wasn't an issue (except for the red-blue stripes they wore briefly). Their uniforms are improved yes, but the helmet is a downgrade imo.

There's an unfortunate visual illusion in the new logo that makes the A appear lower than the other letters due to where it sits on the U. It's only made worse by the warping to fit on a helmet decal.

liverpool-1.png

Are those logos a product of Phoenix Design? I hate bevels...but the fact that this logo mainly white bothers me. Their helmet wasn't an issue (except for the red-blue stripes they wore briefly). Their uniforms are improved yes, but the helmet is a downgrade imo.

I don't think it's the logo itself, but rather their putting it on a black shell. I think it would look nice on a white shell.

Due to the difference in letter height, I see "ASS" before I see the M.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The black helmet is head scratching and the Camby era U needs to make a return.

Its not quite black for the sake of black, but its close.

The black does work really well as an outline color for the maroon and white. I don't know why they just don't leave it at that. Then again seems like every team in college football is trying to get a different uniform for every game. Maybe UMass feels they have to do the same.

Archived