Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

I was just thinking. You have no teams with orange being their primary color. There are three teams in the NFL where orange is the primary color - Browns, Bengals, and Broncos (interestingly all start with B haha). You don't have any yet with green being the primary also. Jets and Packers have that. You have it as an alternate color for the Pioneers. I know you said how the NY Generals will have a miltary greenish color being their main color but that is the only green team I can think of in your league. I noticed you have a lot of teams with baby blue or navy being a color. That is quite interesting. I like the fact the Bulldogs use maroon as a color. Really makes the team have that old school feel.

I bet the Philly tigers are gonna be orange (cant wait)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Philly will be Orange. I don't know if I would call the Browns orange as primary since their jerseys are Brown. Broncos just switched to Orange.

Minnesota may have some Orange not sure yet but Tampa Bay may have some orange or have Orange as primary not sold on that yet.

Pioneers Primary color is Green since most of their uniform is green.

San Diego will also have an Ocean Green color as their primary unless I change it & also Tampa Bay may have some greenish in their color scheme....

I have finished Phillies primary & if you are wondering what it looks like think of Jacksonvilles leaping Jaguar that got nixed by the car company but with a tiger instead.

I am working on Chicago may have it up tonight not sure.

The Chicago Barbarians!

Chicago started out as many teams did that day as a club team.

Chicago sports writer Herb Adams called them a bunch of Barbarians in an article & the name stuck when the team joined the PFL in 1922.

The early Chicago teams were dreadful with only three winning season in their first 20 seasons.

The legendary Art Downey who coached the team for 24 years & 2 championships was a pioneer of coaching even though he went into his sixth season as a coach with a losing record.

In 1941 Downey was hired & is credited for perfecting the traditional pro football set which is the base offense for most teams today.

Chicago won two more championships in the 74' & 81' season.

In the last few decades Chicago has not been able to get back to the championship.

In 2010 Ray Brennan was hired as coach to get them back there.

The first step was signing all purpose RB Johnny Joseph to help boost the offense & help second year QB Luke Reiner from carrying the load.

They also signed TE Walter Clay to help WRs BJ Mason & Mukimi Mustafa with the passing & Joseph with the running game.

A good offensive line has helped with All-Pros G Chester Allen & LT Willie Pearson.

The defense is good with DE Jason Armstrong, LB Jimmy Glover, & S Damien Hixson.

Here is the current uniforms with a throwback that was changed in 1971 when new ownership & head coach both came in.

The logos & uniforms were tweaked again in 1998 to some dismay by the fanbase.

CHILogosUniformsSheet-1.png

CHIAltUniformSheet.png

I am suprised a little by this one. This is not one of my favorites but I do like the primary.

I am glad you all like it. mkg I hope it was worth the wait.

I have been working on several different ones but I am going to try & get the Generals up.

I have been hesitant on this one because I am afraid most will not like it.

I tried to move away from the primary I have had in my mind for years because it looks like the jets a little but just cannot.

Very cool!! The most recognizeable brand so far.

I agree 100%. This brand is the one I can connect to a team the most. Very unique identity. Wonderful job on the Barbarians. That is a name a reporter in the 20's would call a team and than have the franchise stick with it as their nickname permanently. The logo showcases a perfect depection of a Barbarian brillantly.

very much worth the wait, Love the number fonts as well

I do have one tiny suggestion though:

on the home jersey, maybe add a white/and or lighter silver around the red stripe. to match the roads' red w/ black outline?

what would you think?

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

All NY teams seem to be simple in their logos.

Jets,Giants and even the USFL's Generals and or WFL's Stars had dead simple logos.

May as well follow in that tradition, can't wait for to see the

NY team

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

very much worth the wait, Love the number fonts as well

I do have one tiny suggestion though:

on the home jersey, maybe add a white/and or lighter silver around the red stripe. to match the roads' red w/ black outline?

what would you think?

I thought of doing that but if I do I would have to add the striping to the black or the striping won't match the pants

I have one critque of your league. Typically Detroit and Chicago are fierce hated regional rivals in most sports leagues. Your league since the divide to the American Conference and National Conference in 1959 has the Detroit and Chicago teams competing in two totally different conferences. That means they can't meet twice a year as division rivals typically do in football leagues. It ruins the naturally fueled intense Chicago-Detroit rivalry! I'm a Detroiter living in the Chicago area. I love giving Chicagoans a hard time due to my diehard support of Detroit teams. But in your league Detroit's rivals are Cinncinnati, St. Louis, and Indianapolis? What? Switch the history of your league to have the Autos in the National Conference and the Cleveland Bulldogs in the American Conference.

I did not want Cleveland & Cincinnati since they were a recent expansion team in the same conference & division

I wanted to give the American Conference a team with some history when they split that is why Detroit is where it is at.

I appreciate where your coming from but I will not rewrite that much of history that I have already created.

I'm so-so on the addition of the white stripe to the home uniforms. Yes it does make it match the away uniform striping as mkg74 says which is nice but it also makes it look worse. It is just a bit too much. I can't see a team having that. I like how it's different the home and away. I can see where mkg74 is coming from but I like your first intuition on not doing the white stripe in the first place.

I'm so-so on the addition of the white stripe to the home uniforms. Yes it does make it match the away uniform striping as mkg74 says which is nice but it also makes it look worse. It is just a bit too much. I can't see a team having that. I like how it's different the home and away. I can see where mkg74 is coming from but I like your first intuition on not doing the white stripe in the first place.

I am in agreement with you I think it may be to much as well but I could be swayed what does everyone else think.

Archived