Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

Not sure Cincy or San Fran maybe Denver.

I have to be feeling them if you know what I mean.

I have been working on Cincy for a while & think I have redesigned the logo three times in the last week but it is close to being done.

I just got some inspiration on San Fran so I am going to see where that leads me.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cincinnati Kings!

The second incarnation of the Kings were not related to the original Kings that was the last team to fold in the MLF.

The first Kings franchise did not win much & as result no longer exist.

Unfortunately this Kings club has not had alot of success either.

Head coach Ron Colleto is trying to change that culture in only his second year.

QB Kyle Ryan had a resurrection of his career last year under offensive coordinator Steve Clement.

Even so the team went 0-4 down the stretch without RB Leroy Blackmon in the backfield.

The skill positions are set with WRs Wesley Thompson, Charles Malone, & Jamaal Jones as well as TE John Kendall.

The team had two first round draft picks in LT JaMarcus Barnes & LB Clay Walters which they hope will strengthen the two weakest part of the team last year.

Their best defensive player on the 27th ranked defense was DE Kwame Johnson.

The bottom line for this team is they play in one of the best divisions in football & need to get alot better just to compete for playoff spot,

Here are there current logos & uniforms as always C & C.

CinLogosampUniformsSheet_zps133c1631.png

HomeElitecopy-2_zps844473e5.png

AwayElitecopy-2_zps72e5a809.png

Its about the same color as the old London Monarchs Gold they had I actually lightened it up a bit

Just to let you all know where I was going with the logo & name.

The name is from Cincinnati being the nicknamed the Queen City obviously did not want to use Queens.

I almost went with Monarchs but chose Kings instead.

The top of the Crown is pulled from the flag of Cincinnati.

I initially had a football there but it just looked too generic so I tried to pull something from Cincinnati.

I am not sure it works but I hope so not a whole lot of comments so I am wondering if I missed on this one.

I'm not feeling the logo on the helmet. The saturation of your blue and your gold are about the same, so it all kinds of runs together when the logo is put on the gold background. There's just not enough contrast. I'd do one of three things: really beef up the white outline, experiment with other colours of background, or tweak the shades of blue and gold so there is more contrast.

rATMcmK.png

I'm not feeling the logo on the helmet. The saturation of your blue and your gold are about the same, so it all kinds of runs together when the logo is put on the gold background. There's just not enough contrast. I'd do one of three things: really beef up the white outline, experiment with other colours of background, or tweak the shades of blue and gold so there is more contrast.

I had some highlights of white in the crown I am wondering if that might help.

I took them out when I did my last revision.

I do not want to tweak the colors as I feel they are perfect & unique to this league.

More C & C would be welcomed on this one.

The Kings strike me as UCLA crossed with Notre Dame. It's a good presentation,the blue is quite beautiful. however the home set seems "too dark" maybe needs a little light to go with the shade. Maybe white numbers w/ gold outline(?) and or white stripe w blue outline on the pants(?)

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Its about the same color as the old London Monarchs Gold they had I actually lightened it up a bit

The name is from Cincinnati being the nicknamed the Queen City obviously did not want to use Queens.

I initially had a football there but it just looked too generic so I tried to pull something from Cincinnati.

I am not sure it works but I hope so not a whole lot of comments so I am wondering if I missed on this one.

How about River Kings? I think it ties into Queen City as well as Cincinnati's role as a stop on the Mississippi River.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

How about River Kings? I think it ties into Queen City as well as Cincinnati's role as a stop on the Mississippi River.

Team names that combine two words sound unprofessional.

As a Minnesota Grizzlies STH who just endured a 2-14 season.... I HEREBY DEMAND A TEAM REBRAND!!

Ever since the clubs relocation from Missoula of the Montana State Correctional League, I never understood why we kept the name. If you want to keep a bear nickname, how about the Black Bears? If it has to be a bear that doesn't reside within 500 miles of the state, at least go with the Polars or White Bears to play off of our cold weather. Otherwise, here is a list of names that would play much better up here:

Voyageurs

Norsemen

Northern Lights

Trappers

Lumberjacks

Loggers

Anglers

Pathfinders

Millers

Whiskeyjacks

Crows

Owls