Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

I love the New York Knights and the Tigers, but the Tigers logo looks fat. As in, it looks like a pretty fat tiger. I'd slim him down a bit.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the logo looks more conquistador then anything, you could almost get away with calling them the N.O. Conquistadors.

Wading in late. Very impressive series. You're clearly an artist with vision. I think some people might be finding the helmet logo a little underwhelming. Not that the artwork is bad, but its sort of like the complete minnesota viking logo. Great on the letterhead, not on the helmet. What about exhanging the pirate for a feather which he might wear in his hat (a la the 3 musketeers) or a simple sword instead? Just a thought...

Just wanted to say I will have Pittsburgh up later tonight or tomorrow!

@thespleenenator - The tiger logo is bothering me a little especially the back part of it. I love the front & do not think it looks fat but the hind leg may be a little fat I will take a look at it.

@Northender - Come on in the water is just fine... The Pirates logo I liked a whole lot better with an eye patch but could not use as stated before. I will probably tweek this logo a little. I do not think I can use a sword since I have that with my Marauders concept maybe if I add a feather to the Pirate hat it would look better with some tweaks to the rest.

Anyway I will work on some of these old ones thats not quite up to par but right now I have been struggling with inspiration on some of the last teams but I am sure it will come around.

All I have to say is that this is a great series! My favorite design would probably have to be the New York Generals, particularly because they remind me of the old Jets uniforms. Keep up the good work, and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Pittsburgh!

The Pittsburgh Miners!Pittsburgh is the oldest football club still around making it through several leagues.

In 1926 when Pittsburgh joined the PFL they changed their name to the Pittsburgh Miners.

This was a nod to mining in the area & in Pennsylvania.Pittsburgh was the third team to lose to the Cleveland Bulldogs in their march to 5 MLF titles.

Pittsburgh did not make it to an MLF Championship again until Hall of Fame QB Dan Torrelli came to the team in 1976.

Torrelli, a Pittsburgh native, played at the University of Pittsburgh before becoming the #1 draft pick of the Miners.

Although Torrelli did not win a championship he is still the most beloved player in Pittsburgh.

He was the all time leader in passing when he retired in 1993.

After almost twenty seasons removed from Torrelli Pittsburgh has struggled at QB.

However in the last three seasons Mike Garcia has filled the role better than anyone else had.

One reason is that Pittsburgh probably has the best WR trio in the league with Devin Watts, Alvin Hayward, & Darnell McClendon.

Head coach Russ Lowry likes to run the ball first & play good defense.

It is hard not to like to run the ball with all purpose back Aaron Freeman & an offensive line led by G Jim Avezzano & T Jamaal Harris.

The defense is strong under DC Gill Thomas with one of the best pass rushing LBs in Alando James.

The defense also boasts three other players who have made All-Pro at one point in their career in DT Maurice Rush , DE Hakim Jackson, & CB Amare Childress.

Pittsburgh is a solid team looking to build on their second place finish in the AC East last year.Here are their current logo & uniforms which have gone basically unchanged in their history.

PITLogoampUniformsSheet_zps38d977a5.png
HomeElitecopy-2_zps9de534bd.png
AwayElitecopy-2_zps1f7024e7.png

I really like the simplicity of the logo. Reminds me of your Stallions look. Quick question, were you planning to fix the Philadelphia wordmark?

Yeah I actually fixed it already just have not updated here will probably wait until I do an update I am planning to do on the logo.

I like Pittsburgh. I've always liked the black, silver and white color scheme. Logo looks great, reminds me of the Denver Nuggets logo.

I actually had tried this with a 49ers primary look but did not look right so I went with a roundel type & really liked the look.

Then after a while I noticed it looks like the Nuggets logo.

I have had this done for a while now I only have one more classic team in Denver but I am still tweaking the logo on that one.

Cincinnati or San Diego will probably be next unless something else gets going.

One question for you all that follow this thread do any of you want to see some fan gear I have made for these teams (polos & T-shirts).

If so should I post here or in a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...

The San Diego Sharks!

The Sharks have been an average team for its 40 years of existence.

Several times they have almost became the LA Sharks.

Although they have not had much success they have had some of the best running backs in league.

The teams number one draft pick was RB Johnny Simms who ended up with a great stats but not many wins.

The team continued the success in 1989 when they drafted hall of fame RB Billy Allen.

Allen had a great career but also led his team to a championship game after the 1994 season only to lose to Miami.

In 2009 the team did it again when they drafted RB D'Andre Barber number one overall.

Barber in three years has rushed for 4628 yards & 38 TD's.

One thing San Diego has never seemed to have is a franchise QB.

Current QB Quinn Davis is not considered one either & many believe he is holding the team back.

WR Bobby Owens has shown some big play ability but the team does not have much else beside Barber on offense.

2nd year head coach Gill Gilbert is hoping to improve on the 7-9 record last year & has targeted on improving the defense.

The first step was trading up to draft playmaking CB DeMario Harris this past year to help DE Ray Mitchell.

Free agent signing of DE Amir Williams should also help.

Overall this San Diego team can compete in a weakened National Conference West Division.

Here are the current logos & uniforms as always C & C welcomed.

SDLogosampUniformsSheet_zps0b24965b.png

HomeElitecopy-2_zpse9c8f03f.png

AwayElitecopy-2_zpsb6db45fb.png

I appreciate the feedback I changed this logo quite a bit from the first version I made a few months ago.

To me the hard thing about a shark logo is to not make it look cartoony.

In my mind I had this shape I wanted the shark to be so it would look good on a helmet.

It finally came out that way.

Archived