Engage with SportsLogos.Net - A HowTo:

On 2/13/2018 at 10:25 PM, sportsherald said:

The problem with the ads covering the logos seems to be resolved.  Thanks!

Moving on to something else:

I have seen others express frustration at trying to get new of updates to this site, and I have also been frustrated to see updates and corrections ignored here for years.  I was just looking for the appropriate place to contribute the news today that the CFL Edmonton Eskimos have taken the step (for the first time) of asking their fans in a survey what their views on the nickname are, but I couldn't find any place other than this part of the forum. http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-pose-question-of-name-change-in-fan-survey/wcm/08d8b090-a938-447d-9768-28a6a023f12f 

So, here is my suggestion: an official thread within the forum where news, updates, corrections, etc. can be posted by site followers, which the administrators can review and act on when and as they see fit.

To those expressing frustration, I get it, from your perspective it seems like I'm intentionally ignoring or being rude.

Of course it's not at all like that; I'm simply just buried under all this stuff... keep in mind that I'm just one person, I can get a few hundred messages a day (in between being a stay-at-home father of two young kids) from both readers and the actual teams/leagues themselves about updating or correcting the logos site, about making sure we cover a particular news item, and usually there's someone upset they were banned or suspended from these forums.

If it's a slow news day I can get to maybe 10% of these each day?  Things will get missed, often... I'm sorry that happens, I want to cover everything, I want to be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. Reality says otherwise and the reality is most days I'm exhausted by the end. I can only do so much, I can't afford to hire anyone.

So if you're wondering, the best chance to get my attention these days is through a Twitter DM (@sportslogosnet); I tend to check that and interact there more often than anywhere else, if I'm terribly busy I will usually just focus on what interests me the most first - baseball, hockey will get priority because I personally enjoy baseball and hockey; if it's a slow day and I'm looking for stuff to do then I'll start looking for corrections of other things in my DMs. It could take days, weeks, months... I've had many try for years. I'm not happy that it happens like that, it makes me look bad, but I'm not sure what else to do.

• Like 3

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply, and I totally sympathise with your situation.  This was not meant to be any form of attack, just a suggestion for improvement.

My suggestion still stands, as being a clear one-stop place for fans to contribute news and updates (both for you and for other users to see), and for you to review them whenever time allows.  This would surely save you some time, or time for any volunteer moderators who might help you out in this (my next helpful suggestion).

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

On 3/9/2018 at 10:56 AM, CC97 said:

To those expressing frustration, I get it, from your perspective it seems like I'm intentionally ignoring or being rude.

Of course it's not at all like that; I'm simply just buried under all this stuff... keep in mind that I'm just one person, I can get a few hundred messages a day (in between being a stay-at-home father of two young kids) from both readers and the actual teams/leagues themselves about updating or correcting the logos site, about making sure we cover a particular news item, and usually there's someone upset they were banned or suspended from these forums.

If it's a slow news day I can get to maybe 10% of these each day?  Things will get missed, often... I'm sorry that happens, I want to cover everything, I want to be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. Reality says otherwise and the reality is most days I'm exhausted by the end. I can only do so much, I can't afford to hire anyone.

So if you're wondering, the best chance to get my attention these days is through a Twitter DM (@sportslogosnet)

That only works if you follow us.  I hate to clutter your timeline with follow requests....

• 3 months later...

This uniform combination has never been worn, but is listed as a home uniform from 2003-2007.  They wore green-on-green once prior to the 2003 redesign (end of 2002 season) but never from 2003 on.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/hbgk6yno52fzaba70gck3mudm/Philadelphia_Eagles/2003/Home_Uniform

hbgk6yno52fzaba70gck3mudm.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 4:33 PM, iBrockely said:

What is the policy with being able to start threads?

Do I have to hit a certain post count?

Copied fro the FAQ thread

12. I can't start a new topic, wtf?
As a method of reducing the amount of robo-spammers from popping up on the boards (as well as those who sign up just to make a request then vanish) we implemented a rule that prevented new members from starting a new topic; after you've made three (3) posts around the boards you are automatically allowed to start up a new topic.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this but I can’t seem to post in the “Ask a moderator” thread. I would very much like to post my concepts in the concepts forum, but I can not seem to find a way to create a post. Again, very sorry if this is not an appropriate question for this thread or if there is a better way to ask questions like this. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this but I can’t seem to post in the “Ask a moderator” thread. I would very much like to post my concepts in the concepts forum, but I can not seem to find a way to create a post. Again, very sorry if this is not an appropriate question for this thread or if there is a better way to ask questions like this. Thank you.

From two posts above yours:

On 12/31/2018 at 9:46 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Copied fro the FAQ thread

12. I can't start a new topic, wtf?
As a method of reducing the amount of robo-spammers from popping up on the boards (as well as those who sign up just to make a request then vanish) we implemented a rule that prevented new members from starting a new topic; after you've made three (3) posts around the boards you are automatically allowed to start up a new topic.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Is this site practically unusable on mobile for anyone else? I get about 1/4 of the way down the page and it just absolutely stalls out and needs to reload. Literally doesn't happen with any other website or forum for me. Any advice? Mobile pop-up blockers?n I appreciate the free access to the boards, and I know ads are necessary, but in the past few months I straight up cannot even view this forum on my phone.