College Football Intro Videos

hornedfrogboy41

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These videos are all the same to the point that they look and sound as if only one company in North America produces them. (It isn't just college football... seems that every other sport is the same way.)

The super cheesy, intense music, flashing words like "TRADITION" "HONOR" "PRIDE" on the screen, stern-looking player closeups... geesh, where's the originality? Most of them just make me wince.

That old UT one was AWESOME. So laughable, but fantastic.

Gotta give credit to Bama's...first rate and not too over the top (except the ending).

Miami started doing intro videos when they moved to Dolphin Land Shark Sun Life Stadium in '08.

The 2010 video was

thanks to Steve Walsh and Ed Reed.

The

was probably one of the better ones; scrapbook-style to form the "U", complete with creepy whispering mixed with a little roid rage by the narrator.

I don't think the NCAA would be too pleased with the

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These videos are all the same to the point that they look and sound as if only one company in North America produces them. (It isn't just college football... seems that every other sport is the same way.)

The super cheesy, intense music, flashing words like "TRADITION" "HONOR" "PRIDE" on the screen, stern-looking player closeups... geesh, where's the originality? Most of them just make me wince.

im glad someone else feels this way. i agree on all points. honestly, i dont really like any of these videos and the experience of the game would be enhanced for me if the schools went without. most teams (especially Oklahoma State with the awesome gate that opens up to let the players out, or VTech among others who run on with "Enter Sandman") already have a really big intro with the team running on.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

NC State: http://t.co/mUaE738W

Go Pack!

What's with the end? Nothing like 15 extra seconds of music with no video.

Most of these are built in as "filler time" when most of the fan's attention is directly on the field because of the players at the time.

Although most teams would simply flash the logo, seems odd to have nothing. :lol: Oh, State.

Archived