NHL Lockout...Whose side are you on?

BLUELANDbeliever

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm for the owners because the players sign too many awfully long contracts to build a championship team. If the players keep doing this, there wouldn't be enough salary for free agents or rising stars who deserve the money.

So, who gives them these contracts? I'll give you some time.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm for the owners because the players sign too many awfully long contracts to build a championship team. If the players keep doing this, there wouldn't be enough salary for free agents or rising stars who deserve the money.

So the player who signed a long term contract did NOT deserve the offer at the time they were a "rising star"?

VNAWh.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

VNAWh.gif

Screw you.

I'm gonna be trying to figure out what episode that is for the rest of the night. It doesn't immediately come to mind.

spacer.png

lebron-puppet-facepalm.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

VNAWh.gif

Perfect time to start "Posts that make you go Hmmmmm Part 2".

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I nominate this post for "CCSLC worst post of the day".

I nominate this post for "CCSLC worst post of the day".

I didn't know better.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I maintain that that was a thread concept whose time had come! This is just a sports thought that is wrong, though. "I know New Orleans is the French state, but" was more the essence.

I think Raysfan12 has now seen the error of his ways, namely that the owners give those contracts out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I maintain that that was a thread concept whose time had come! This is just a sports thought that is wrong, though. "I know New Orleans is the French state, but" was more the essence.

I think Raysfan12 has now seen the error of his ways, namely that the owners give those contracts out.

I don't know too much about hockey anyway.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I think that's the pez dispenser episode of Seinfeld.

And I'm on the players side.

However, I have to be honest here...if they lose the whole season again I'm done with hockey.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I'm all for the lockout lasting a good decade.

R.I.P. NHL.

Just like Bieber, stay in Canada NHL.

Most of the original 6 teams were not in Canada.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So, who gives them these contracts? I'll give you some time.

The problem with this argument is that if one team owner doesn't give them one of these insanely huge and long contracts, some other team probably will (and if not, look out for a collusion lawsuit, something Donald Fehr is quite familiar with), and nowadays that other team won't necessarily even be from the NHL either.

And as a fan, do you really want your favorite team not to make whatever deals necessary to resign your best players and bring in top free agents? As a Wild fan, I'm not exactly upset with the club for spending nine figures to lock up Suter and Parise.

ltimately we don’t want a system where owners are resolving to protect their finances. We want a system where each owner is able to give management the freedom to go all out and assemble the best team possible without putting the business in jeopardy.

CCSLC signature.png

I'm all for the lockout lasting a good decade.

R.I.P. NHL.

Just like Bieber, stay in Canada NHL.

Seriously? Seriously? You're going to make me do this again?

lebron-puppet-facepalm.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived