Okay...

JamesCraven

Who Wins Game Seven Monday?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really dont know any more Tampa would usually hold the edge being the home team but this year that does not see to be the case, one thing for sure this Finals is one of the best ever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tampa Bay, Richardson wins the Smythe

Richardson? Wouldn't you mean Richards?

...and I do think Iginla should win the Smythe regardless of who wins game 7. The man has simply outplayed any and every other player in the playoffs, and the Flames wouldn't be anywhere close to the Cup final without him. Like Giguere last year.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

...and I do think Iginla should win the Smythe regardless of who wins game 7. The man has simply outplayed any and every other player in the playoffs, and the Flames wouldn't be anywhere close to the Cup final without him. Like Giguere last year.

Ditto--only about 10 times more so from me...

Although I certainly don't undervalue many of their other players--Donovan's speed was missed tonight...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

whoops.

Hey, with 7 Yuenglings in me, names tend to get hazy......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's tough to call this one. On one hand, Tampa Bay hasn't won consecutive games since the Montreal series and this would be Calgary's turn. At the same time, if there was ever an advantage to have home ice, this is it. And after the momentum of surviving Game 6 in hostile territory in double OT is huge.

I don't know for sure if there has been an "Ultimate Sudden Death Overtime" but I have a sense this will be it.

Game 7 will go 3 overtimes and I'll provide a GWG to each team.

Calgary - Gelinas or Kobasew

Tampa Bay - Stillman or Lecavalier

Gelinas, the ovious pick since he's personally eliminated 3 teams already this postseason.

Kobasew, come on now. 0 goals in the playoffs, it has a set up for hero written all over it.

Stillman has been in the doghouse and an opertunity to be in immortality forever is something he'll drive for.

Lecavalier would be a megastar the Lightning organization wanted when they drafted him from Rimouski in 1998 if he can get a tip in off a d-man. :D

For a personal sense, whoever wins, its great but sad.

If Calgary wins, I will think how close we got, especially with more salt in the wound with Kiprusoff, Lowry, and Sutter to get their names engraved.

If Tampa wins, (in their third ever playoff appearance ever) they'll be the first 90's expansion team to take the Cup.

PLUS to make it worse! I work 4:30-9:30 PT, with the game on at 5pm, barring my prediction being dead on, I'll be watching the game on tape delay.

NOTE: Sigs will be changed to commemorate Game 7. The links will be the same just a little extra to it. Also, since I won't know the winner right away, Tuesday I will have the Cup Champs wallpaper up. Note: sigs will disappear Wednesday.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Had the Flames won last night, Iginla was getting the Smythe. If Tampa Bay wins though, it's gotta be Richards.

I'm not voting though. There is too much to factor in to try and see who wins. However, you can just sense that the game-winner will be from either Gelinas or Richards.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't think a player should get the MVP if his team doesn't win. How valuable is he??? They would have not won without him. And don't gve me they would be there without him excuse. They don't play for second place they play for the Cup. A loss in the finals is ultimatly the same as a 1st round loss.

I don't think a player should get the MVP if his team doesn't win. How valuable is he??? They would have not won without him. And don't gve me they would be there without him excuse. They don't play for second place they play for the Cup. A loss in the finals is ultimatly the same as a 1st round loss.

Agreed. Gigure (or however you spell that fake-frenshie's name) did not deserve the Smythe last season.

If you don't win, you weren't that valuable, were you?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well, not really. You still get to be the Conference Champions. But the Conn Smythe is used to honor the single player who performed the best throughout all four rounds of the playoffs, regardless of whether or not they win the Cup. Would it be not worthy if, say, a player scores every goal for his team on their way to Game 7 of the Finals only to lose 2-1 wheras the winning teams players spread the scoring around amongst everybody and they all wind up with 3 goals each? Well that one player carried his team on his back to get there. You have to award the best individual effort.

If there is one player who deserves the unanimous choice this year, I say it's Brad Richards, whether or not the Lightning win the Stanley Cup.

champssig2.png

That's not true. Iginla has outplayed everybody but Richards.

Iginla - 22 points in 25 playoff games

Richards - 25 points in 22 playoff games.

Plus, look at when Richards has scored just over 14 of his 25 points -- in the games following a Tampa Bay loss. A player like that is of HUGE importance.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't think a player should get the MVP if his team doesn't win. How valuable is he??? They would have not won without him. And don't gve me they would be there without him excuse. They don't play for second place they play for the Cup.  A loss in the finals is ultimatly the same as a 1st round loss.

Agreed. Gigure (or however you spell that fake-frenshie's name) did not deserve the Smythe last season.

If you don't win, you weren't that valuable, were you?

Well, Giguere was clearly the best player on both team's last year. Brodeur only had one more win but two more losses than Giguere (who, I might also add, had enough OT shutout hockey to add on another two and a half games). Also, in his five shutouts, Giguere faced about 15 more total shots than Brodeur did in his seven shutouts (which has to be attributed to the defence in front of him.) Giguere had a better GAA and Save PCT as well. (Giguere faced an extra 70+ shots overall, and allowed three less goals) Can you say Brodeur single-handedly took his team to the Cup Finals?

champssig2.png

Archived