NEW Baseball Template

JayJaxon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The template will be in .PSD format. I'll enlist the help of the community to get it in vector. and HarperK, I saw your stuff. Why haven't we worked together on a project yet? Because we really need to.

im down....

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Am I the only one who thinks that his legs are too long compared to his body?

Also, like with your last template, I think all the "wrinkles" detract a little bit from it. When baseball players wear their pants high and blouse them, there's not that many folds near the knee. With the double knit material, I don't think that looks natural even if they did a poor job with the blousing.

Also with your undershirts, they appear tight to his arm, yet have a lot of folds and wrinkles. Unless they were loose, that probably wouldn't happen.

The upper pants and jersey sleeves look pretty good. Question - are the belt loops really supposed to be touching each other? I thought there was a little space in there. I'm sure you have a reference pic that will contradict everything I've posted here, but anyway those are my initial thoughts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have been looking for a hockey template like this for a dog's age. I have thought about making my own but didn't know the direction to start and/or go with it. This is going to be an amazing template when you finish. Good work!

UJ

Here is an update:

BaseBallColor01.jpg

Looks good... Kinda anime-ish, but good.

I think you may have some slight perspective issues though. Assuming we are looking eye-level at the player (because of the lack of brim), the feet and legs are also drawn at eye level. It shouldn't be anything drastic, but we should be seeing a little more of the top of the cleat rather than the spikes underneath.

EDIT: As I look at it more, it seems eye level is about at the knees, so we need to see more underbrim of the cap to help the perspective.

For the final version, you should either have the option to turn on white shoes or make the shoes customizable too. No A's concept feels complete unless you can throw in white cleats.

EDIT: Also, this looks great.

(one last thing said before that I'd like to reiterate: So much of modern baseball uniform design is located on the sleeves, side of pants or even the occasional multi-colored caps. A 3/4 or side view would be essential to show these elements.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived