Brooklyn Islanders (with help from Bmac)

tj4eck

Ok I'd like to first off give a huge thanks to Bmac.

I had an extremely rough draft thrown together on MS Paint and he cam threw cleaned it up and made it presentable.

On to the concept...

When I heard of the Islanders plans to move to Brooklyn, I came to the conclusion that they needed an upgrade. A makeover. Here are some of the thoughts that went into the concept:

• With the Nets moving into Brooklyn and getting a new look, I figured the Islanders deserved to as well.
  • I wanted color. Don't get me wrong I like the Black and White combo for the Nets. I find it crisp and clean. I just didn't think two teams in the same area needed the same scheme (both on rebrands).
  • I disliked the old color combos. The 95-96 "Gorton's Fisherman" logo scheme of Teal/Orange/Navy, just no. Orange and Blue is a good combo, don't get me wrong I'm just tired of seeing it. (See: Oilers, Mets, DET Tigers, Auburn Tigers, CHI Bears, Thunder, Bobcats, Knicks etc...you get the point)
  • I love the combo of Blue/Green/Yellow, I find that the colors really POP and they meld together really crisply.
  • As far as a logo I love the shape of Long Island and really wanted to brand the team as the Islanders, hence the island.
  • I'd love to some how incorporate the Brooklyn Bridge in to another logo, but I lack the skill-set to pull this off.
  • I originally did the colored jersey and loved the striping Green/Blue/Yellow/Blue/Green and decided it was too good to mess with and kept it on the white, but for continuity I kept the blue on either side of the striping.

The concept:

brooklyn5.png

I'd love to hear some feedback on these.

Once again a huge thank you to Bmac!

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

The island alone is not a good logo. It needs something with it. At least add a wordmark or something.

What's the reasoning behind the color scheme?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It looks kind of like a phosphorescent turd.

Try that color scheme for the Tampa Bay Rays, though. It's very vivid, almost tropical (probably because it reminds one of Brazil). Ocean blue, solar yellow, and a nice lush green. Doesn't really work for the Isles, though, who use blue and orange because their identity is solely about being from New York.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I absoloutely love the color scheme. I agree that the island doesn't make a good logo on its own...looks like a splash of paint from a distance.

Still, far better than the outcome if they go the boring Brooklyn Nets route.

87Redskins.png

I absoloutely love the color scheme. I agree that the island doesn't make a good logo on its own...looks like a splash of paint from a distance.

Still, far better than the outcome if they go the boring Brooklyn Nets route.

Thanks, I wish I had the skills to give the concept a proper logo.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

The Brooklyn Americans never played in Brooklyn. Also, they were a miserable failure, even more so than the Isles have been for the last twenty years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Its not bad, everything about the logo has already been said. I like the a blue/green/yellow color scheme.... just not with the shades you have. I think you should try shades a bit more like the Mighty Ducks from the first movie. They seemed to pull it off a little bit better. Really though I dont think the color needs to change, but hey its your concept so make them pink for all I care haha :P

Archived