When High School Uniforms Go Bad

rams80

Seriously, isn't this trickle down from Oregon? The more outrageous the better?

Yeeeeeessss.

That was my point.

You keep "pushing the envelope" just because, you keep trying to look outrageous to get the kids talking about you, eventually something like this is going to happen. Sorry LightsOut, but this kind of thing IS what happens when you take the trends Oregon and Nike started and take them to their natural conclusion.

And for whatever it's worth Lights, traditional =/= "plain."

its not the fault of design progression in uniforms. the difference is on one hand there are designers/companies like Nike who, for the most part, know what they're doing and then there's this and whoever designed it. things always change and evolve, some are skilled and wise enough to progress it forward and others, well, are not. no idea/concept/style is inherently bad. to put it very simply, some can draw and others can't

I disagree. Schools don't need more than two uniforms. You only need one helmet and one pair of pants, along with two jerseys. Everything else is superfluous fluff.

well we don't really "need" any more than 1 flavor of soda or more than 1 color of t shirt in our closets either

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Carol City High School Chiefs

Well, I'd say this set is tasteless on several levels-both in the "ugly" and "tacky" sense and in the "JESUS CHRIST YOU ASSHATS CENTERED AN INDIAN'S HEAD ON THE CROTCH OF YOUR PANTS" sense. Clearly an affront to all sense of decency and common sense-I welcome the Native American picket line.

I'll have to admit that this isn't a bad look at all. Kind of reminds me of MLB's turn-ahead-the-clock promo back in the day. It's growing on me. I can see the UniWatch liberals having a field day with this though; which is also almost as equally entertaining.

What the hell is a uniwatch liberal? What does that even mean?

LOL, just my own personal label and point of view of Mr. Lucas and his crew. I suppose it can mean whatever you want it to mean. It's just nothing more than my label. Is it possibly a misuse of the word liberal? I'll go with yes, lol. But I am highly offended that he mentions these uniforms and instantly bashes them, gets offended (surprise) and references the gential region ALL before acknowledging the selfless act by Flo Rida. He didn't have to donate anything yet he did. His caring act really touched me. But the Uni crew instantly went on the "OMG, I'm offended" attack right off the bat. It is impossible to get everyone in the world to like something and everyone can easily find something offensive in anything and everything. But the selfless act by Flo Rida trumps it all. It's different and I bet the kids at that high school love them. The school can use the money saved to invest in furthering all students' education. So proud of him.

Selfless or not, the uniforms still look like crap and his blog is about design, not charity.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Carol City High School Chiefs

Well, I'd say this set is tasteless on several levels-both in the "ugly" and "tacky" sense and in the "JESUS CHRIST YOU ASSHATS CENTERED AN INDIAN'S HEAD ON THE CROTCH OF YOUR PANTS" sense. Clearly an affront to all sense of decency and common sense-I welcome the Native American picket line.

I'll have to admit that this isn't a bad look at all. Kind of reminds me of MLB's turn-ahead-the-clock promo back in the day. It's growing on me. I can see the UniWatch liberals having a field day with this though; which is also almost as equally entertaining.

What the hell is a uniwatch liberal? What does that even mean?

LOL, just my own personal label and point of view of Mr. Lucas and his crew. I suppose it can mean whatever you want it to mean. It's just nothing more than my label. Is it possibly a misuse of the word liberal? I'll go with yes, lol.

Misuse of the word liberal? You think? You'd be more on point calling Lucas and his fans "UniWatch conservatives" given his design preferences. The ONLY way "liberal" makes any sense is that you also wanted to take a shot at the man's politics, which has NOTHING to do with his uniform taste or his article in question.

*removed because we're trying to keep it classy CCSLC*

But I am highly offended that he mentions these uniforms and instantly bashes them, gets offended (surprise) and references the gential region ALL before acknowledging the selfless act by Flo Rida. He didn't have to donate anything yet he did. His caring act really touched me. But the Uni crew instantly went on the "OMG, I'm offended" attack right off the bat.

A few points. The first is that as selfless as Flo Rida's act may have been these uniforms are still atrocious. I can guarantee that if you attached a poll to this thread and asked "are these uniforms ugly?" the vast majority of people would say yes. Even those who aren't followers of UniWatch.

As for "being offended" that he doesn't acknowledge Flo Rida's donation right off the bat, guess what? He's not running MusicianDonationsWatch. He's running UniWatch. The discussion of the uniforms comes first. Wherever they came from is secondary.

It is impossible to get everyone in the world to like something and everyone can easily find something offensive in anything and everything. But the selfless act by Flo Rida trumps it all.

No, it doesn't. Not when it comes to a column that primarily covers sports uniform design. Then the design trumps all. It's called "staying on topic."

It's different and I bet the kids at that high school love them.

If university students shouldn't be trusted with uniform design (they shouldn't) then high school students definitely shouldn't. I was on my high school's hockey team, and our colours were red and white, our school colours. A friend of mine on the team once told me he wished we'd get "sweet" black and neon green uniforms. This, all things considered, would have looked ridiculous. And probably terrible.

The school can use the money saved to invest in furthering all students' education. So proud of him.

No one's saying he shouldn't have donated the uniforms. I just think the vast majority of us wish he would have donated uniforms that actually look good ;)

Ice Cap, a simple "I completely disagree" would've been a shorter answer, lol. It was just my point of view. Yes, it's his blog and etc. I get that. I just wish he would acknowledge the good that came from all of this. I was moved my Flo Rida's actions, so I posted my distaste for UniWatch's attack based on my pure emotion; nothing more. Just a case of me acting on impulse without letting cooler heads prevail.

And no, I'm not a China/North Korea commie. :flagusa:

Ice Cap, a simple "I completely disagree" would've been a shorter answer, lol. It was just my point of view. Yes, it's his blog and etc. I get that. I just wish he would acknowledge the good that came from all of this. I was moved my Flo Rida's actions, so I posted my distaste for UniWatch's attack based on my pure emotion; nothing more. Just a case of me acting on impulse without letting cooler heads prevail.

It would have a shorter answer, but it would have lacked the special brand of overreaction this place is known for :D

Pure emotion's a good phrase to use. It was very much the driving force behind a lot of what I wrote. I still stand by everything I said, but I apologize if it came off as overly harsh.

And no, I'm not a China/North Korea commie. :flagusa:

Hehe. Never tried to imply you were :D Consider that part of the "pure emotion" stuff.

EDIT-Thought better of it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived