Every Team's Best Look Ever - NFL Edition

rmackman

I had a free hour on my hands today, so I put something together that I've always wanted to do. I made a "chart" of what I think every single NFL team's best look is that they've ever had (with a few exceptions). This week I'm going to start with the NFL. Eventually I'll make my way around to the NHL, NBA, and Major League Baseball. I invite you guys to post your own complete league breakdown of your favorite looks for each team.

Here are the rules:

• If the team has moved, you cannot use their prior location (i.e. I included the Titans because I can't make them move back to Houston, although I'd like to)
  • This is only for a team's best overall look. It's not organized by my "favorite player." In fact, I don't care what players are on here. In some cases you'll find a team's icon used as the photo because that would likely be the most abundant photo found on Google.
  • If I put a team's white uniform up, and you prefer the darker version of the same era, that's fine. That's not something I'm going to change on here. The idea is simply to get the best uniform combo that any specific team has worn for at least one season.
  • There are some teams that have, more or less, never changed their uniforms (i.e. Kansas City Chiefs/Oakland Raiders), and in that case, you can put any incarnation of their uniform that you want. They're basically all the same. However, in the case of the Packers, I deliberately chose the year they had more stripes than they do now.

I think, overall, you'll find I prefer bright/vibrant colors, a traditional look, and uniforms that stand out. I'm not as worried about how they look if fans were to buy them as fashion accessories. Might I say, the AFC East, NFC North, NFC East, and NFC West look AMAZING like this! Feel free to comment on my list, and make your own lists...AND PLEASE USE PHOTOS!

AFCEast.png

AFCNorth.png

AFCSouth.png

AFCWest.png

NFCEast.png

NFCNorth.png

NFCSouth.png

NFCWest.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave it a shot:

bestevernfl.png

Pretty good, but I'm curious as to some of your changes.

Miami - same uniform, just the white version, so it still fits within the same era

Jacksonville - same uniform, just different players

Tampa Bay - same uniform, just the throwbacks they wear now

The rest I can see the differences. Good stuff. I actually went ahead and enlarged my original post so the details could be seen better.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

1973 Bills away uniform with grazing bison logo and debut of the blue pants will always remain my favorite for Buffalo. The first and only season with that classic logo with the blue away pants.

Honorable mention goes to the 1982 and 1983 away uniforms after they enlarged the charging bison logo .

5499414.jpg5334516.jpg

5667588.jpg

Ohh, and for all you gray face-mask haters, Joe Cribbs seemed happy in the blue mask :) :

5667576.jpg

1995, the only season that the Colts ever wore blue away pants with those black cleats IMO was their best look ever. Don't know why they abandoned it.

Their socks were soooo perfect with those pants!!!

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

Agree on those Chargers!

Best Raiders away look too ...

Love the silver away numbers & nobs on the white jerseys, and that 1963 logo!!!

Only thing ... they made the black outline too thick on the front & back jersey numbers for AFL-50 in 2009 ... the Raiders away throwback looked much better in 1994 for NFL 75

09000d5d812a28c2_gallery_600.jpg

I know I'll catch hell from DeFrank for this as I've said it many times before, but I just love the Redskins throwbacks for their 70th in 2002 ... based upon their '65-'69 look

Looking forward to seeing the Redskins throwbacks this weekend .. with the simulated leather looking helmets.

redskins_lg.jpg

Even though Dallas wore royal blue from 1960-1963, I still love this faux throwback look based on their infancy era.

One of their best ever looks IMO.

romo_0.jpg

When Seattle finally busts out the Blue/Grey/Blue look in their new set, it will become their best. hopefully worn on the road.

seattle-seahawks-new-nfl-uniforms-hollywoodgrind-24.jpg

I would say, based on your posts, that you prefer a more modern look, and nuordr prefers a blend of modern and classic. Always interesting to see what other people are into.

spacer.png

When Seattle finally busts out the Blue/Grey/Blue look in their new set, it will become their best. hopefully worn on the road.

seattle-seahawks-new-nfl-uniforms-hollywoodgrind-24.jpg

I would say, based on your posts, that you prefer a more modern look, and nuordr prefers a blend of modern and classic. Always interesting to see what other people are into.

I do like modern looks, but to a point. I am 20 so I'm apart of the "shiny is better" generation. But don't get me wrong I love and respect a great classic uniform as much as the next guy. Packers and Badgers I wish will never change, and I love Alabama's too. I have zero problem with classic looks, most of them are beautiful. I at least know crappy modern uniforms when I seem (see ND Shamrock Series this year). Most people my age like anything new that comes out that is flashy and exciting. I appreciate a simple look.

I looked at every one of yours .... your youth shows (and I don't mean that in a negative way)

One thing, your Jax link doesn't work

The only ones I agreed with you on was Indy, KC, TB, NO (georgous, but they were absolutely horrible back then but love the gold numbers on white jersey)

and partially Seattle and Detroit, but they both had the wrong socks to go with their colored pants which takes away from the look ....

Archived