Every Team's Best Look Ever - NFL Edition

rmackman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Seattle finally busts out the Blue/Grey/Blue look in their new set, it will become their best. hopefully worn on the road.

I would say, based on your posts, that you prefer a more modern look, and nuordr prefers a blend of modern and classic. Always interesting to see what other people are into.

When I first joined this forum people automatically thought I was a modern junkie, but when a classic uniform is done right, then there is no comparison to the modern designs.

spacer.png

bledsoeretires.jpgo.j.-simpson.jpg

randall-cunningham-sm.jpgquincy-carter-dallas-cowboys-autographed-photograph-3330421.jpg

Esiason_Boomer3_Jets.jpg

Just to remark on a few of your choices:

Patriots .. I too liked their '96-'99 Patriots uniform alot ... only problem I had were the huge Flying Elvis' on the shoulders ... that to me was overkill, they were just too big. I liked the first season of their rebrand in 1993 when the home jersey had red numbers with a white outline, but then they shelved them for white with red outline the following season.

Bills ...That photo of OJ was either our 75 or 76 uni's .... they changed the socks with the blue pants which was a great move, but the helmet logo was just too small when it debuted in 1974 and it took them 8 seasons to finally enlarge it in 1982 which really got it right, was a great improvement.

Philly .... gotta agree, that was a great uniform set in every way. Saw them at Rich Stadium in their white jerseys-silver pants away version in the early 90s. Superb set!! I do like their current set, except one time in the late 90s they went monochrome on MNF against SF and it looked absolutely horrible. The 1960 kelly greens they wore in 2010 against the Packers should be a no-brainer throwback instead of those awful black alternates.

Dallas ... outstanding!! Too bad they don't wear those same pants with their white jerseys, goes so well with their helmet. Those cosmo silver pants with the green and blue tint are a total mess which has long been a nonstop topic on this board.!!

J-E-T-S ... never cared for that uniform set until they added the black trim around 1990 like shown in your Ken O'Brien photo.. Looked so much better with the black accent and face-masks.

p1_dillon.jpg

... and finally to me, this is one of mine .... Cincinnati looks their finest when wearing their orange alternates with white pants. Just a bunch of beauts they truly are ....

orange_white_4.jpg

No one posted the Saints best look:

willie_roaf_1997_11_30.jpg

nor the Lions...

barry_sanders_1998_11_22.jpg

nor the Steelers!

steelers-75-anniversary-throwbacks-flickr-steelcityhobbies.jpg

5667588.jpg

Agreed on this Bills combo.

342098e0637f18a71e678f9786019ec0.jpg

Makes me weep that this combo is gone. :(

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Great topic idea. I can't wait to see the NHL favorites. I kinda do the same thing when I keep track of NHL standings on my computer wallpaper, i.e. Phoenix's old look, the [Mighty] Ducks, dark navy and maroon Canucks.

Great topic idea. I can't wait to see the NHL favorites. I kinda do the same thing when I keep track of NHL standings on my computer wallpaper, i.e. Phoenix's old look, the [Mighty] Ducks, dark navy and maroon Canucks.

They will come in time. I want to give each thread its fair run. If I post every league right away, it takes away some of the suspense, and then we're all just all over the place. I'll probably give this a good 5-7 day run. Then we'll start the next league.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So your computer is the local news in Sioux Falls, South Dakota?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Baltimore Ravens:

bernie_kosar_1993_11_07.jpg

Way to go Curt...first rule violator!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So your computer is the local news in Sioux Falls, South Dakota?

Hey, at least they can get the sport right…

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

No one posted the Saints best look:

nor the Lions...

Yes ... DeFrank did in post # 13 on the previous page.

You had to click on the links in his post for all the teams. like New Orleans and Detroit ... Only difference is that he posted the Saints old-gold from the 60s while you consider the vegas-gold as their 'best', but both of you prefer the gold numbers on the white away jersey which I myself do too..

Here's the ones he posted from his links:

huhxs3.jpgBarry-Sanders.jpg

Archived