Found on Reddit- Some guy has a complete 1969 NFL trading card set. Here are 24 high-res photos.

AndrewPF

It's cool to see the very early logos and team colors. Note the Browns having an actual logo, and the Oilers logo being a helmet. Also, I wasn't aware that the Vikings ever wore green.

http://imgur.com/a/21L4T

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I, too saw this.

Aside from that. I don't think that the Vikings or Dolphins were supposed to be green. Might be just a misprint or aging to the ink in the cards.

Oh, and look at that atrocious Bengals logo.

WdcAM.png

I got a kick out of the abbreviation for Bart Starr. Gr. Bay Packers. Q'Back.

What's with some of the cards having white borders and others having the random color full-bleed backgrounds? Gotta imagine the full-bleed backgrounds are hard to find in higher conditions.

Also, the Sonny Jurgensen card has the wrong logo:

227_Sonny_Jurgensen_football_card.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I, too saw this.

Aside from that. I don't think that the Vikings or Dolphins were supposed to be green. Might be just a misprint or aging to the ink in the cards.

Oh, and look at that atrocious Bengals logo.

WdcAM.png

The motion lines make it appear he's just been decapitated.

It's a bad-repro partial close-up of this:

376.gif

Which is an awesome logo.

In its full glory:

CincinnatiBengals_PMK01a_1968-1969_SCC_SRGB.png

Even better - we have to get that up on the mothership.

Amazing. Serious question: why can't we have more logos like that? I'm sure they're a pain to embroider or render in Illustrator, but they're also whimsical and fun. So many teams have animal names that are perfect for a cartoon illustration (especially the Bengals!). It's such a waste that fun logos are relegated to the minor leages.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's hilarious. I always assumed Kapp's card was a bad touch up. They really reused his photo, here it in from a 1960 set.

JfYAR.jpg

And a 1964?

ke11C.jpg

They used the same photo for the 1968 & 1969 years.

Bz0H8.jpgXPKSe.jpg

I can understand using the same pic maybe 2, even three years in a row but a decade later, still using the same pic?!?!

I don't get where the green jersey would have come from in the CFL since Calgary is red and BC uses orange...no green that I'm aware of in either team's past.

Finally, on a marginally related Joe Kapp note, here once again is the clip of him attacking Angelo Mosca at last year's Grey Cup in retaliation for an incident that happened in 1963. I think Kapp might have a screw loose these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8

That's hilarious. I always assumed Kapp's card was a bad touch up. They really reused his photo, here it in from a 1960 set.

JfYAR.jpg

And a 1964?

ke11C.jpg

They used the same photo for the 1968 & 1969 years.

Bz0H8.jpgXPKSe.jpg

I can understand using the same pic maybe 2, even three years in a row but a decade later, still using the same pic?!?!

I don't get where the green jersey would have come from in the CFL since Calgary is red and BC uses orange...no green that I'm aware of in either team's past.

Finally, on a marginally related Joe Kapp note, here once again is the clip of him attacking Angelo Mosca at last year's Grey Cup in retaliation for an incident that happened in 1963. I think Kapp might have a screw loose these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8

I hadn't seen a CFL game in decades, but last night I stumbled onto the Calgary-Edmonton game and watched it. It was a great game and I forgot the unique brand of football the CFL offered, it was an exciting, fast game. So watching this clip this morning was very timely, and might I add, entertaining. Can you imagine if Frank Gifford took a swing at Chuck Bednarik or Merlin Olsen (RIP) taking a swing at Conrad Dobler at a function like this? It would be huge news, lawsuits galore, and maybe even criminal charges levied.

It's a bad-repro partial close-up of this:

376.gif

Which is an awesome logo.

In its full glory:

CincinnatiBengals_PMK01a_1968-1969_SCC_SRGB.png

Even better - we have to get that up on the mothership.

Amazing. Serious question: why can't we have more logos like that? I'm sure they're a pain to embroider or render in Illustrator, but they're also whimsical and fun. So many teams have animal names that are perfect for a cartoon illustration (especially the Bengals!). It's such a waste that fun logos are relegated to the minor leages.

I completely agree. I love mascot logos.

I've never seen that Bengals logo before. What a treat!

Too bad the guy went to all the trouble of putting those cards online but not scanning them so they were squared up nicely instead.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived