Bolts win Cup

JQK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoooooo! I finally won a bet on a sports championship! :hockeysmiley:

Gotta give it up to Calgary though... What a game, and a great 7 game series.

And how about Kipprosoff and the Bulin Wall... 2 beautiful saves in the game courtesy of the 2 of 'em.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Congrats Tampa on a fine run.

Congrats Calgary for representing our nation well.

Congrats Khabby. We don't forget where you came from, and where you first made playoff waves.

Congrats Iggy staking your claim to the title of the best player in the world.

Congrats Kipper for having the lowest goals against average (1.69) in the NHL since World War II since starting the season as the Sharks' #3 man.

Terrific series. Next Stanley Cup will be won by Winnipeg... you watch. B)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I give Calgary This, of all the Markets up there, i'd rather Calgary win the cup that any other. WHo needs to see Toronto with the cup or, God Forbid, Montreal?

Calgary is a hard-nosed, Blue-Collar city, with great fans who are real people. I do feel bad that they, the people of the City of Calgary are let down, but as for the rest of you canuckleheads, maybe you can now get your claws outta the city's back and stop riding their coat-tails as some kind of "national crusade for the cup"

Calgary deserves the respect, not Toronto or Vansterdam or Montreal.

The people of Calgary have earned my deepest respect. I know that means diddly-squat, but they are truly great fans and great people.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I can't believe that conspiracy theorists are having a fit over Tampa winning it. The same thing would have happened if Calgary had won it, mind you.

Now, what this should be about... the series, and especially Game 7. GREAT GAME. Calgary was slow through the first two periods, but they definitely did not go away. Khabibulin's save with about five minutes left was amazing, and was certainly one of those "he just saved their Cup chances" moments.

Both teams played very well throughout the series, it was tooth-and-nail throughout.

Congratulations to the Lightning for their Cup championship.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I give Calgary This, of all the Markets up there, i'd rather Calgary win the cup that any other. WHo needs to see Toronto with the cup or, God Forbid, Montreal?

Calgary is a hard-nosed, Blue-Collar city, with great fans who are real people. I do feel bad that they, the people of the City of Calgary are let down, but as for the rest of you canuckleheads, maybe you can now get your claws outta the city's back and stop riding their coat-tails as some kind of "national crusade for the cup"

Calgary deserves the respect, not Toronto or Vansterdam or Montreal.

The people of Calgary have earned my deepest respect. I know that means diddly-squat, but they are truly great fans and great people.

Yeah, you call me a jackass. <_< Insult every other city in my country....

Archived