2014 Final Four Logo

sportsfan0518

2anvi9.png

Anyone else see the 14 in the stadium logo?

Outstanding catch!

Once you see it, you can never unsee it.

Arlington has exploded to become one of the fifty largest cities in the US, it's nearly as big as Fort Worth. That's why "Dallas-Fort Worth" would now be considered insufficient.

Not to mention it'd piss off the fine folk of Irving, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Garland, maybe even Plano, Denton... :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Arlington has exploded to become one of the fifty largest cities in the US, it's nearly as big as Fort Worth. That's why "Dallas-Fort Worth" would now be considered insufficient.

"Exploded" is the keyword. Like many other sun belt cities, Arlington's growth is the result of housing market-induced sprawl more than anything else. Culturally, it's not on the level of a Pittsburgh or Minneapolis, which have similar populations; and It definitely wouldn't be hosting pro sports teams and big events like the Super Bowl and Final Four if not for its proximity to much larger cities. And according to the last census, Fort Worth is over twice the size of Arlington.

Well it was released only a few minutes ago, and here it is!

2anvi9.png

Anyone else see the 14 in the stadium logo?

I can see it. Good eye!

Arlington's about HALF the size of Fort Worth and you still can't really call it a city since they still refuse to have any real public transportation. What city has NO public transportation?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Arlington's about HALF the size of Fort Worth and you still can't really call it a city since they still refuse to have any real public transportation. What city has NO public transportation?

Arlington doesn't need a public transportation system like many other cities have. I would like to see DART come into town, but as long as the big money backers don't want it, it will never come here.

Arlington doesn't need a public transportation system like many other cities have. I would like to see DART come into town, but as long as the big money backers don't want it, it will never come here.

.... why DART when you have The T right their in Tarrant County?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Nobody who has been on both asks that question. Riding the T is a step above riding a urinal cake. Besides, I'm mostly talking about rail.

Nobody who has been on both asks that question. Riding the T is a step above riding a urinal cake. Besides, I'm mostly talking about rail.

Ehhhhhhhhh.... good point.

Still, it's ridiculous that Arlington doesn't even have ONE bus running.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

everyone here just calls it the metroplex anyway... why can't that name just spread?

It's way too generic. Metroplex is a term used to describe metropolitan areas made up of a several cities. While the Dallas area might be the most widely used name, I can think of about 6-7 other areas of the US that could/do use the same terminology to describe their regions. It would be much different if "Metroplex" was more along the lines of "Bay Area" or "Twin Cities". I think North Texas is the most reasonable choice to make everyone happy.

everyone here just calls it the metroplex anyway... why can't that name just spread?

It's way too generic. Metroplex is a term used to describe metropolitan areas made up of a several cities. While the Dallas area might be the most widely used name, I can think of about 6-7 other areas of the US that could/do use the same terminology to describe their regions. It would be much different if "Metroplex" was more along the lines of "Bay Area" or "Twin Cities". I think North Texas is the most reasonable choice to make everyone happy.

1st, it's the Dallas-FORT WORTH Area... "DFW".

And 2nd, DFW is the original "Metroplex". It's THE Metroplex. That's why ya never really hear anyone else use it BUT us.

Seriously, I never hear anyone describe Mpls./St.P or the Bay Area or the NY/NJ Metro area as a "Metroplex".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Eh, I'd hear it occasionally when I lived in the St. Louis area.

Also, Dallas is the big city; you're going to get "Dallas area" a lot. It's much like other people calling this the "Minneapolis area", while we call it "the Cities".

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I know North Texas is lame, but I bet the City of Arlington would be ticked if this (and the Super Bowl) was branded as a Dallas event. They did pay a big chunk of money towards JerryWorld.

I have never understood why these cities haven't been more aggressive in getting something in return for their investments. Something like, in exchange for this money, it's going to be Arlington Stadium. At least Miami got the Marlins to change from Florida. I would think this would be extra important when the city footing the bill is not the same city used on the brand of the team.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

i'm fine with just using "dallas" for everything in the region... but then again, i'm sort of a dallas kid, having grown up on various points from ellis county to south dallas, always in cities that have I-35E running straight through them...

but i understand why arlington and especially ft worth wouldn't be cool with that. which is why i think the DFW area needs to just start shoving "metroplex" down everyone's throat. other cities may occasionally use it, but there's no question that we are THE metroplex, as 29texan said. stop saying stuff like "north texas" and spend a few years calling everything "metroplex" and people will learn.

Eh, I'd hear it occasionally when I lived in the St. Louis area.

Also, Dallas is the big city; you're going to get "Dallas area" a lot. It's much like other people calling this the "Minneapolis area", while we call it "the Cities".

The thing is, Fort Worth isn't as small as some of you see it. In fact, Fort Worth is bigger than BOTH Minneapolis and St. Paul, but I digress.

If ya knew the history between the two cities, you'd know that it's a bit disrespectful to write off the other anchor city in DFW. Besides, I'd think you'd understand. I mean, doesn't the Twin Cities have a similar rivaling history as well?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I know North Texas is lame, but I bet the City of Arlington would be ticked if this (and the Super Bowl) was branded as a Dallas event. They did pay a big chunk of money towards JerryWorld.

I have never understood why these cities haven't been more aggressive in getting something in return for their investments. Something like, in exchange for this money, it's going to be Arlington Stadium. At least Miami got the Marlins to change from Florida. I would think this would be extra important when the city footing the bill is not the same city used on the brand of the team.

The City of Arlington does have an agreement with the two stadia on this particular issue. That's why you hear "The Ballpark in Arlington," "Ameriquest Field (ugh) in Arlington," and "Rangers Ballpark in Arlington." Officially, the place where the Cowboys play is "Cowboys Stadium in Arlington."

Archived