Awesome Sports Logos

I wanted to see what you guys thought of this logo I came up with for a New Orleans basketball team. The New Orleans Voodoo has been such a popular logo in that area and people are fascinated with the Voodoo culture. I thought the Curse would fit right in. The logo is a Voodoo Doll with pins sticking out going in for the dunk.

png-correct-noc.pngHere's how it looks on our sports t-shirt.

new-orleans-curse-black.jpgnew-orleans-curse-dark-purple_1.jpg

Positive or negative, I would love to here some feedback on this. I do think Pelicans are a step in the right direction since it has a lot more to do with New Orleans since it is the state bird and their is history in New Orleans with the Pelicans baseball team. I just think the name Curse has sounds mean and I have so many things running through my head from the mascot to the in-arena activities and sound effects that could be played with a name like the New Orleans Curse. Look forward to hearing from you guys. -Gavin

I appreciate the feedback. You are correct, it does seem as though the NBDL is a bit more creative with their names. We'll see how the Pelicans look. They do have some great logos in that town with the Zephyrs and the Voodoo. The Saints have that iconic logo as well that you see everywhere in that city. I list those names and then I hear Pelicans and it just doesn't fit but we'll see if they go ahead with the name and how the Pelican looks. Thanks again for the feedback.

I checked out your website Gavin.

Very interesting indeed, and some great stuff!

As for the Curse concept...

-It's great but a little "out there" for an NBA franchise

-It's perfect for a D-league or semi-pro club

-For a design to sell t-shirts of a fictional team, it actually could have been a little "wilder"

A fantastic minor-league concept. That is no slam, it's just a different aesthetic between major and minor league. Minor league gives you some more freedom, honestly, and this really works.

rATMcmK.png

Fun concept. But is it a little weird to have your team's logo be a voodoo doll in your team's colors? It's as if your placing a voodoo curse on your own team. I know, I'm overthinking it. It's just something I noticed.

Once again, love the feedback on the New Orleans Curse logo. You are right, the Curse and a lot of our logos have a minor league feel. We actually wanted to create that vibe a little bit. Our goal on all of our logos is to try to bring back the fun and creativity back in sports logos with our awesome t-shirt collection. This is what I love about this site. DDR, you are correct, you wouldn't put the uniform on the doll because you would be cursing yourself. I need to hire you guys. I never even thought about that. Awesome point.

Greg, you had mentioned the San Francisco Swallows logo. Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it.

swallows.pngThis story is pretty fascinating. The White Swallow was a clipper ship built in 1853 to transport cargo from New York and Boston to San Francisco. In 1865, mutiny on the ship would make the clipper ship famous. The crew claimed harsh working conditions when put on trial and were acquitted. For many years after that, the name “White Swallow” was famous in northern California legal circles when the subject of harsh working conditions was brought up. I'm sure you guys know the other possible meaning but the logo is a replica of the White Swallow logo which I've included.

300px-Whiteswallowclipper.jpg

Here's The San Francisco Swallows t-shirt

san-francisco-swallows-powder-blue.jpg

We know it might not be everyone's taste but we hope it gets a few laughs and some great history to go along with it. Amazing to think that things took 112 days to get from the Eastern Seaboard to the Pacific Coast. My how times have changed.

Thanks again guys for all the feedback on the Curse!

Archived