2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

No no no no no no no no no no no no. NO.

The fact that the Georgia Dome is barely 20 years old and Arthur Blank (founder of freaking Home Depot) is b*tching for a new stadium shows how desperate owners are for whoring their taxpayers for a Super Bowl-prepped stadia. The Falcons are a Southern institution to begin with, and we Angelinos have heard this dance before (gridlock for new stadium, the LA threat then poof, new stadium plan is approved).

Chances of moving: 0.00005%

No,make the chances 0.00001%.They just use L.A as a bargaining chip.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterson got OPOY and MVP, while Peyton Manning got CPOY.

I personally think AD should've swept all three.

Don't forget AD's most important award, the FedEx Ground player of the year!

He also scooped up the Fantasy Football POY award. Really. No lie.

6uXNWAo.png

I just don't see how AP was a true "comeback player of the year" candidate, given that the injury only caused him to miss one game.

Which is to say nothing bad about the gruesome severity of the injury or the work he put in to come back as soon as he did, but an end result of missing one game cannot compare to missing an entire season.

spacer.png

Watching the NFL Honors and was just reminded of how Jim Brown is still the most overrated player in league history. Not to mention the guy is a miserable creep off-the-field.

Okay, I'll bite....

Watching the NFL Honors and was just reminded of how Jim Brown is still the most overrated player in league history. Not to mention the guy is a miserable creep off-the-field.

Okay, I'll bite....

Yes, I've seen highlights, and Brown was was a beast of a running back for his era. But JUST ONE CHAMPIONSHIP? And that was in 1964 with a watered-down NFL since some of the nation's talent was defering for the AFL.

To be the greatest in your sport, championships matter. Just ask Jordan, Ali, Tiger. Jim Brown is far from the title of "best ever" for that reason alone.

6uXNWAo.png

It's hard to do Championships Matter for a sport where you're but one of two groups of eleven. It's different in basketball, where the best player accounts for the most time, and in golf and boxing for excruciatingly self-evident reasons. Jim Brown is probably overrated on the basis of everyone from the '60s being a little overrated, but he still has to be right up there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As much as I consider every non-championship Packer season to be a "failure", I have to agree.

If Jerry Rice didn't have Montana and Young throwing to him, he might not have won those multiple championships. And that would have had no bearing on whether or not he was the greatest ever.

Once players stopped playing both sides of the ball, you can't hold any one of them responsible for a lack of rings.

It's hard to do Championships Matter for a sport where you're but one of two groups of eleven. It's different in basketball, where the best player accounts for the most time, and in golf and boxing for excruciatingly self-evident reasons. Jim Brown is probably overrated on the basis of everyone from the '60s being a little overrated, but he still has to be right up there.

Sure, you can put him up there with great running backs with rings like Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Marshall Faulk. But dude is anything but the greatest to ever throw on a helmet. I've never understood why historians have such a boner for him. For my money, it's Montana or Rice. Perhaps because they played together, they don't get the "best ever" nod they deserve.

6uXNWAo.png

That, and I don't think a WR can ever be considered the greatest player of all time. They can be phenomenal at what they do, but worthless if they don't have a QB to get them the ball. Larry Fitzgerald is the best example of this in the present time.

Without that QB, Larry won't ever be as great as he can truly be in this league. Cardinals DEFINITELY need to be QB searching in this draft and cut either Skelton or Kolb, or both and sign a vet QB to help the rookie.

No no no no no no no no no no no no. NO.

The fact that the Georgia Dome is barely 20 years old and Arthur Blank (founder of freaking Home Depot) is b*tching for a new stadium shows how desperate owners are for whoring their taxpayers for a Super Bowl-prepped stadia. The Falcons are a Southern institution to begin with, and we Angelinos have heard this dance before (gridlock for new stadium, the LA threat then poof, new stadium plan is approved).

Chances of moving: 0.00005%

No,make the chances 0.00001%.They just use L.A as a bargaining chip.

I don't understand why the Falcons won't just renovate the Georgia Dome and build a retractable roof in place of the current dome. It would make more sense. And besides, it's not as if the Georgia Dome is rotting away, it's a pretty good facility.

I don't understand why the Falcons won't just renovate the Georgia Dome and build a retractable roof in place of the current dome.

I don't know the specifics of the Georgia Dome, but in general domed stadiums and retractable-roof stadiums have entirely different superstructures. They're not often compatible.

You might as well rip off the back half of your car and try to turn it into a van.

I don't understand why the Falcons won't just renovate the Georgia Dome and build a retractable roof in place of the current dome.

I don't know the specifics of the Georgia Dome, but in general domed stadiums and retractable-roof stadiums have entirely different superstructures. They're not often compatible.

You might as well rip off the back half of your car and try to turn it into a van.

Well let me ask this, is there a way they could modify the current dome they have?

Well let me ask this, is there a way they could modify the current dome they have?

They could spend $900M to convert and expand the current venue or they could spend $50M more and have a new stadium on a new site on at the World Congress Center property.

Master Plan Draft 4 fro March 2012.

I don't see how Jim Brown could be the most overrated player when Joe Namath played football. He had a Trent Dilfer-esque performance in Super Bowl III, but with more charisma and lady-boning.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived