The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blue Jackets are 0-2-1 against the historically good Chicago Blackhawks on a combined 3 goals. Could've won all three games and ended their silly streak.

Took them to OT last night with what amounts to an AHL defense and a patchwork set of castoff forwards. So frustrating.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ducks are off to their best start in team history. 31 points in 19 games.

And you're one of two teams that hasn't managed to lose to the team that is rampaging over the West. Ducks fans should be very happy right now.

EDIT: Three, but we haven't played the Avs yet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's not a CS85 post without a reaction .gif.

RT4abiF.gif

Tee hee.

Connor and CS

Sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love

Then comes....

(wait, what comes next?)

In most states, nothing.

[/WhereTheHellIsTheRimshotSmiley]

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Anaheim starts their Best-of-3 playoff series with the Coyotes in Glendale tonight...

Seriously, what the :censored: NHL schedule-makers?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I hope the Ducks win all three.

Stupid NASCAR Division. The Lightning have boatloads more talent than the Hurricanes and their crappy goalie and those dead-faced Aryan brothers and I can't even be arsed to make fun of Jiri Tlusty and Patrick Dwyer because who cares. The Lightning should try winning more games.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I barely even care that the Sabres won, but they actually stuck up for themselves and fought back in a physical game with the Devils. Capped off with Ryan Miller talking trash to Adam Henrique after Miller stopped him in the shootout to end the game. That felt pretty good.

One rules quirk that I was not aware of came up: after the end of overtime, Henrique and Tyler Ennis both got meaningless penalties (roughing?), but both players still participated in the shootout. Ennis actually scored the winning goal. Seems weird that after OT is over, you can do anything short of a match penalty, get a penalty that you will never serve a second of, and still participate in the shootout.

Overtime should be extended by penalties in the last two minutes. Not if it's coincidental, but it sure sucks when a team is on a power play for 13 seconds or whatever. Anything to forestall the goddamn overexposed shootout.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stupid NASCAR Division. The Lightning have boatloads more talent than the Hurricanes and their crappy goalie and those dead-faced Aryan brothers and I can't even be arsed to make fun of Jiri Tlusty and Patrick Dwyer because who cares. The Lightning should try winning more games.

Guy Boucher's genius has been overrated after the fluke 2011 playoff run. Every goaltender that has come through the system has seen career-worst numbers, every defenceman that has come through the system seems to regress hardly from what they are capable of, leaving the offense to have to carry the load every damn night. I mean, I'm not saying Mike Smith or Daniel Ellis are particularly good goaltenders, but it's ridiculous to see how much better their numbers have been before-and-after their Lightning stints.

Talent-wise, the Lightning should easily be the best team in this division. But, as it is, they are a team that has lost 11 of 14 and can't win a road game outside of Raleigh, NC to save their fricken' lives. And it will be no surprise when they are sitting at home in May once again, having procured the rarer non-playoff spot than a playoff spot.

spacer.png

Do Canadians know that Don Cherry is mentally insane or are they distracted by the living room furniture he calls clothing?

Don Cherry has been mentally insane since the 90's. Trust me, we all know

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I hope the Ducks win all three.

Stupid NASCAR Division. The Lightning have boatloads more talent than the Hurricanes and their crappy goalie and those dead-faced Aryan brothers and I can't even be arsed to make fun of Jiri Tlusty and Patrick Dwyer because who cares. The Lightning should try winning more

games.

Baby steps though. The Canes are better then the Panthers, right?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived