The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Give it some time, and on NHL 2004, Jim Vandermeer can become a fricken' monster good player. Same with Brandon Reid and Vaclav Nedorost and Jani Rita.

Oh damn. You bastards sent me back to alternate reality with that name.

Eric Daze can hold his own. 130pts, Hart Trophy. Among the best.

Oh yeah. The fact that Eric Daze has the size of Mario Lemieux allows him to play like Mario Lemieux. I played against the Blackhawks one season early in December, and he already had 40 goals.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for Eric Daze because McDonough has organized [Player Name] Night for anyone who ever wore an Indian Head and completed a successful shift (my favorite was when they had Bob Probert Night and Probert was too drunk to show up; truly a harbinger of things to come), yet to my recollection there has not been an Eric Daze Night, despite a long tenure with the team and status as the sole, albeit flickering, bright spot in the organization's darkest hours.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Beej is getting all the attention for their hot streak, but the Jets, also a bad team, have quietly won 8 of their last 11 and moved into first place in the dying NASCAR Division. I'm happy for them, but I fear they'll lose like four straight in the home stretch and yield the division to the crappy dumb mediocre Hurricanes.

They're still the Thrashers. All they did was change their address and their uniforms. They'll shart themselves in the final quarter of their schedule.

Sigh. You were saying?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4-1 Beej. Enjoy the playoffs bud and your three firsts, with John Davidson. Future is bright.

We'll have a lottery pick, that will probably be traded for Marion Gaborik. WE KAN MAK DA PLAYOFFZ!1!1!1!!!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Credit to Jarome Iginla for being the perfect pro throughout this process. He's seen so many lows and very few highs. Because of the person he is he won't go to the Fatman with a list, because he is the least selfish player I have ever seen. Tonight was rock bottom and I'm sure we'll all wake up tomorrow and nothing will be done because we're a three game win steak away from 8th. It's stupid and insulting to this fan base.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is a lot of fun and this is going to be the biggest road trip in the history of this franchise. No question about it.

San Jose, we're coming for your spot.

It's a blast. Hell, they're even scoring goals now. We about scared my poor 12 year old cat to death with all the whooping and hollering during that 3 goals in 1:15 stretch. The poor old girl didn't know what the hell was going on.

Anyway, with 12 of the last 17 on the road, it ain't exactly easy from here on in. Then again, a month ago, I would have never guessed we'd even be talking playoffs. Well, playoffs and Blue Jackets in the same sentence at least. Jackets Fever, bitches! B)

BB52Big.jpg

I can't think it's just coincidence that the Rick Nash trade has kinda become something of an addition-by-subtraction trade by Columbus. There was a losing culture that had poisoned the entire organization, and the only way to get rid of that was to clean house in the front office and to get rid of someone who had become the poster boy of the losing. New culture, and now Columbus has reeled off eight wins in ten to get back in the playoff race.

spacer.png

Is it too early to say that Rick Nash is just a black hole of hockey?

It's too early. The Rags need to be playing god-awful hockey and miss the playoffs for a few seasons, while having Nash on the roster, in order for this question to be true.

Rick Nash was a huge part of the losing culture in Columbus and he probably never should've been given the C. It's just not his nature. He didn't know how to elevate the players around him.

With what's transpired and the players we got back including what's looking to be a decent 1st rounder, do you think anybody in Columbus would trade Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, and the first rounder back to New York for Rick Nash? Hell no. Much of the national media laughed at Columbus for that trade and although Nash has been pretty good for the Rangers, I think we won the trade.

John Davidson has had a lot to do with changing the losing culture and they've only lost once in regulation since Jarmo got here. No coincidence there.

Plus Bobrovsky has been unreal.

It was about time some moves worked out in this team's favor. Scott Howson is probably bringing up the Nash trade, his drafting of the young d core, and the Bob trade in his interviews this offseason.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nash is a hell of a talent, but he just doesn't have the drive to be "the" guy. The Rangers are probably a good fit for him, it's just that the rest of the team decided to crap the bed this year.

Nash not having that drive and a management system that was just content to have the Beej be "Rick Nash and some other guys" was a pretty terrible combination for Columbus.

I'm rather happy the Blue Jackets seem to be turning it around. They're one of the few logical 90s expansion/relocations that made sense (Ohio being a traditional hockey market the NHL previously didn't have a presence in), and they have an extremely loyal fanbase. Come on guys. I'm pulling for you to knock the Sharks into the abyss where they probably belong.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves :D

If they get in they're probably going up against Anaheim or Chicago, and there's no way they win a series against one, let alone potentially both. As good of a story as the Blue Jackets have been, if they get in a playoff win or two would probably be best they could hope for. Which isn't bad considering their lone playoff appearance saw them get swept.

Archived