The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Looks about right. Sabres scored 2 goals to tie the game since I posted that, so YOU'RE WELCOME

edit: 3 goals! I'm taking complete and total credit for this Sabres victory.

Go home already! You're drunk! :P

It's not my fault Ryan Miller has leaked like a sieve since the 2010 Olympics. And if I'm drunk it's YOUR fault! (bilbo baggins voice)

Here's a gif since that's what I do.

vqy2NoA.gif

Thank you kind sir! B)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God damn it Winnipeg every time you absolutely have to win a game you completely kick it against a team that sucks. Stop that. Carolina is trying so hard to give you that crappy division. Take it.

I'm less interested in an Iginla trade now that I know he only wants to go to Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, or VANCOUVER. Just stay home if that's the case.

What the hell could Vancouver trade us? Their prospect pool is emptier than ours. I guess they could give us one green man, but just like the Sedin's, separating them would cause them to be irrelevant and awful.

Is Vancouver nearing a Flames/Sharks sort of day of reckoning? I figured they were always in good shape.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Haha oh god this goal is great. Also, remember a bit from TV Funhouse called "The Immigrant, The Baby, And The Guy On Mushrooms"? Chico Resch is at least two of three.

This reminds me of a Whalers game I went to years ago. Whalers had the puck in the offensive zone and a penalty was called on Montreal, so naturally, Sean Burke went to the bench for the extra attacker. Cassels was behind the net, sent it to the point but it split the defensemen and went all the way down to the Whalers' end for a goal.

The fans started to boo Sean Burke.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The only bad thing about that bottom video is that it reminds me of Blake Wheeler's tenure in Boston. Ugh. Talk about wasted potential and someone who played with absolutely no heart. I see he's getting points up there in the 'Peg, but has he finally figured out what "hitting" is yet?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

God damn it Winnipeg every time you absolutely have to win a game you completely kick it against a team that sucks. Stop that. Carolina is trying so hard to give you that crappy division. Take it.

I'm less interested in an Iginla trade now that I know he only wants to go to Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, or VANCOUVER. Just stay home if that's the case.

What the hell could Vancouver trade us? Their prospect pool is emptier than ours. I guess they could give us one green man, but just like the Sedin's, separating them would cause them to be irrelevant and awful.

Is Vancouver nearing a Flames/Sharks sort of day of reckoning? I figured they were always in good shape.

They'll be with us in 3 years I take it. Granted they've at least been of cup level for a while now, but as you've seen this year, the cracks are starting to show. Kesler is always injured and even when healthy isn't nearly his one great year self. They traded their one prospect of note for more "grit", which they thought they needed.

Sure, they may have established themselves like a Toronto/Montreal type destination for free agents, but just ask Calgary and San Jose how that works out. Mike Gillis has supposedly made calls to every team asking for a third line center, he's showing how desperate that team is getting. He and ole AV are on the hot seat.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This Coyotes-Canucks game is bad in every way you'd expect it to be bad. I recommend it highly!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't hate my life enough to watch Canucks versus Coyotes. I mean, I do hate my life, don't get me wrong, but not that much.

Thursday is only the TNT doubleheader and about half the time a third game between teams of limited consequence. E.g., Bulls-Knicks early, Spurs-Lakers late, Timberwolves-Kings floating somewhere in the ether of RSN overflow feeds.

lol this last game actually happened tonight I promise I didn't look at the schedule ahead of time

This Coyotes-Canucks game is bad in every way you'd expect it to be bad. I recommend it highly!

With two AHL'ers and Keith Ballard playing forward for Van, that was probably about as good as you could expect. But yeah, not exactly high art going on here.

San Jose, Dallas, Columbus (they have, for now, earned being called by their name), Phoenix, Nashville, and Edmonton are in playoff contention. This conference BB&S. Bettmans, Graveyard.

So the Kings have won 11 in their last 13 at Staples Center, but both losses are to the Stars, by a combined 7-2 score, and we still have three games left with them (two of them at DFW).

It seems that Dallas has been giving the Kings the biggest sh#t sandwiches from the Pacific Division, especially the goaltending of Lehtonen, the disruption of LA's give-and-goes near the net and Jagr's ageless leadership. Hope it's not them who's our kryptonite (get the pun, because the Stars' colors include green) when the regular season winds down.

They signed Jim Vandermeer to bolster the farm.

JIM :censored:ING VANDERMEER

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Give it some time, and on NHL 2004, Jim Vandermeer can become a fricken' monster good player. Same with Brandon Reid and Vaclav Nedorost and Jani Rita.

Oh damn. You bastards sent me back to alternate reality with that name.

Eric Daze can hold his own. 130pts, Hart Trophy. Among the best.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Keith Aucoin was called for embellishment after being stiff-armed by P.K. Subban:

That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Or am I being an Islander homer?

To me it just looks like he lost balance, wobbled backwards, and fell kind of awkwardly, which the ref mistook for diving. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "one of the worst calls ever", though.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived