The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Here's a really bad start to the day for rams80, if true:

http://thecanuckway....rd-next-season/

Don't know how legit the sources are, but it says that once the Flames move to Utica, the Canucks will buy the Peoria Rivermen and move them to Abbotsford (why in God's name are you letting another team go there David Andrews what is your goddamn malfunction), and St. Louis, in turn, would then shack up with the Wolves.

The only minor bright spot here is that, if Peoria disappears from the AHL, it could mean a team in the Central League takes the Rivs' place, granting that circuit a temporary stay of execution.

Dealt with in the Utica thread. Yeah, that's just upsetting all around between losing the hometown team, the AHL adding or keeping a pair of unviable markets and the Blues shooting what player development they had in the head by affiliating with the Wolves. :angered:

Stupid gits on the Blues Hfboards section have no idea what they are getting. At least now I can organically hate the Canucks.

/This had better be some karmic down payment on a Indiana NCAA tournament championship.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dealt with in the Utica thread. Yeah, that's just upsetting all around between losing the hometown team, the AHL adding or keeping a pair of unviable markets and the Blues shooting what player development they had in the head by affiliating with the Wolves. :angered:

Stupid gits on the Blues Hfboards section have no idea what they are getting. At least now I can organically hate the Canucks.

Is it along the lines of "hoo hoo, this'll really stick it to the Blackhawks!"? Because I, too, look forward to the Blues' prospects getting benched for guys who washed out of the NHL four years ago. Fun for the whole family!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is it along the lines of "hoo hoo, this'll really stick it to the Blackhawks!"? Because I, too, look forward to the Blues' prospects getting benched for guys who washed out of the NHL four years ago. Fun for the whole family!

More like that it will work great for player development. Especially since they are actually apparently in a position to have talent in the AHL to develop starting next season. Christ this entire thing is so stupid.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Over in Coyotes-Kings, Doan collided with Muzzin, failed to quickly and effectively learn a foreign language, and then threw his gloves and stick as he charged across the width of the ice to fight Muzzin. No penalties for anyone. Shouldn't throwing your equipment to initiate a fight be at least two for roughing or unsportsmanlike?

No, I think the league has just been desensitized to childish behavior from Coyotes players so they just don't bother anymore.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

More like that it will work great for player development.

That's the exact opposite of true. That's almost impressive.

I was just thrilled to see Hockey's Most Inspirational Captain ball up on the ice like somebody killed all his horses and not get a call out of it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How does the rest of the league perceive the Kings? Two stellar goalies, an injured yet still solid D, and an offense finally clicking, and they have had a few nights where win or lose, they'd remain in 4th or 5th, so they're at least separated from the pack (slightly).

How does the rest of the league perceive Dave Tippett's job security (without factoring relocation)? The Coyotes haven't scored a road goal since February 26, and overall in almost four games. They completely dominated the first period tonight only to come out of it down 1-0, and currently down 2-0 before the start of the third. Doan can go suck a fat one, too.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Fetal position to throwing your stick and gloves in like three seconds is a pretty inspirational from-0-to-60 sort of thing, I guess. People who vacillate like that usually get put on lithium.

To answer your questions:

1) I'd say the Kings are pretty good but I still feel like we're seeing them at their best. Quick isn't what he was last year, but they still have a solid game in front of him. I don't think we should call them a dynasty in the making anymore, though.

2) Tippett will have a head coaching job next year, whether it's with Phoenix or Team's New Location or another organization. He reportedly loves being in Phoenix where the temperature is high and the pressure is low, and he's still getting a lot out of a little. My guess is that he's extended for a fifth year within the coming weeks. He's safe.

Tippett's Stars were top 10 in defense every year until that disastrous Sean Avery year in 08-09, and they dumped him. Look where Dallas has been ever since, no playoffs, while the Yotes are 3 for 3 in making it.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Well jeez, if you're going to be that way about a good team that played fairly well tonight, just start rooting for your hometown club instead.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm a big fan of Tippett myself, and back in 2009-10, he took the 'Yotes job about three weeks before the season began, and promptly helped guide them to a 50 win season and a grueling playoff series with the Red Wings. They are routine overachievers, and there is no reason for him to be on the chopping block. With the current status of that organization, they are not going to find anyone better for the job.

Regarding Los Angeles, in the topsy-turvy West that envelops once you get past Chicago in Anaheim, I think the Kings are the third best team out there. They are 13-5 since their slow start to the season, Jeff Carter has been a consistent goal scoring threat that they did not have for most of last season. Quick may not be what he was last season, but between it being hard to replicate that kind of performance, as well as Jonathan Bernier's own splendid play, I don't see it as a big deal.

They definitely have a chance to make another playoff run. They certainly don't lack confidence.

spacer.png

OEL gets hit with a stick on his left shoulder, grabbed the right side of his face and knocked off his helmet. At least Tippett's getting through to him!

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived