The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

I get so uncomfortable when Detroit, Cleveland/Columbus, and Pittsburgh fight among themselves. It's like watching stray dogs fight for edible garbage and I can't come in to break it up.

In fairness, Detroit and Pittsburgh have very little against each other than the occasional Stanley Cup Final rematch. I feel it's pretty safe to say who starts most of the tension.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back off, Leafs :P

With this time off, Perry went negotiating haha. Its a lot of money, but if theae youngsters can keep it up, the Ducks are set for a little while. (Although, get ready for the Bobby Ryan sweepstakes in two years :rolleyes: ) GO DUCKS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Maple Leaves might still have a chance. This could be a delayed sign-and-trade. Perry and Beauchemin for Lupul, Gardiner, and Kessel. Then two years later the Ducks will trade Lupul and Fowler to get Beauchemin back.

So, the Kane goal, or the Toews goal: Which makes you more moist?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, the Kane goal, or the Toews goal: Which makes you more moist?

Kane. That absurd angle! You're not supposed to defy geometry like that. Geometry doesn't like it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maple Leaves might still have a chance. This could be a delayed sign-and-trade. Perry and Beauchemin for Lupul, Gardiner, and Kessel. Then two years later the Ducks will trade Lupul and Fowler to get Beauchemin back.

My, oh my, were you quite the kid in grade school grammar class.*

*sarcasm, by the way

There's a no movement clause.

So is it a requirement for the Kings and Yotes to play sloppy, net-dislodging, knee-busting hockey against eachother?

Not sure, but I enjoy it.

-------

Ducks cap hit from Perry and Ryan (or Getzlaf? Crap, I dunno) will be $17M next season with a dipped cap.

------

Also haha, Mike Smith blows.

Random question, and I may be an idiot: Jake Muzzin (so far) has had a goal and been on the ice for another, yet he's only a +1 in a 4-0 game. How does that happen?

Also Mike Smith blows. Did I say that already?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Random question, and I may be an idiot: Jake Muzzin (so far) has had a goal and been on the ice for another, yet he's only a +1 in a 4-0 game. How does that happen?

Muzzin's goal was a power-play goal.

On power plays, the players on the team with the man-advantage doesn't get a Plus added to their stats when they score a goal, and the players on the team with the man-disadvantage doesn't get a Minus when they allow a goal.

Short-handed goals are treated as even-strength goals, where the players for the scoring team gets a Plus while those on the ice that allowed the goal get a Minus.

Muzzin's goal was a power-play goal.

On power plays, the players on the team with the man-advantage doesn't get a Plus added to their stats when they score a goal, and the players on the team with the man-disadvantage doesn't get a Minus when they allow a goal.

Short-handed goals are treated as even-strength goals, where the players for the scoring team gets a Plus while those on the ice that allowed the goal get a Minus.

I never knew that! Learn something new every day. Derp.

Coyotes get shut out by the Kings.

QPD8B.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived