The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quickly becoming a fan of the league realignment.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is it a rule that every Ducks game must end 2-1?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Beej is getting all the attention for their hot streak, but the Jets, also a bad team, have quietly won 8 of their last 11 and moved into first place in the dying NASCAR Division. I'm happy for them, but I fear they'll lose like four straight in the home stretch and yield the division to the crappy dumb mediocre Hurricanes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, uh, Alex Burrows scored six seconds into the game. Wow.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Blackhawks win 8-1? Holy :censored: , how drunk am I?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Blackhawks win 8-1? Holy :censored: , how drunk am I?

Not as drunk as the Stars fans who'll want to forget that game happened.

It's taken 3 or so minutes already to get the last 0.7 seconds of this Ducks-Blues game started. Wow.

EDIT: 1.1 seconds in the end. Was that really worth it, officials?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Is it a rule that every Ducks game must end 2-1?

Keeping every game close and picking up wins and points. (Despite tonight's loss, 5 of 6 on the trip, 10 game streak. I can't complain about anything.)

And it's not like it's a Predators 2-1. It's an exciting 2-1 with some great goaltending performances.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Back to the Friday night thing, I imagine for arenas with both NBA and NHL tenants it's better to have basketball first on Friday then hockey on Saturday. Based on my five minutes of google research, basketball to hockey is usually an easier changeover because they are just dismantling the court instead of having to put it together like a puzzle. Also, I think most of the hockey boards usually stay in place for basketball games.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/15/staples-center-playoffs-6_n_1519664.html

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I was at the Blue Jackets - Coyotes game tonight. Glass seats - for free thanks to my old man - in the shoot twice end.

That means I didn't see any goals, but it was the best seat I've ever had for an NHL game. I've sat close before but it's been awhile. My awe at these athletes is reaffirmed every time I'm near the ice. This game is incredible.

It also means I got to see Legendary Douche in pads, Mike Smith, achieve a shutout without getting a win. With a couple minutes left in OT he unprovoked and as the play was moving back down the other end he grabbed the back of Vinny Prospal's jersey, dragged him closer, gave him a few punches in the face and back of the neck with his glove and stick and the ref (all of them were awful tonight) watching the whole thing didn't do anything about it. So when Smith gave up both shootout attempts a couple minutes later, it was pure sweetness.

Still would've liked to a see a real-life hockey goal. I guess I'll settle for getting to see a Biznasty fight up close and in person.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Prospal didn't have to have done anything. It's Mike Smith. He randomly punches guys and then pretends to die. It's just what he does.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived