The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

25% of the Ducks cap will be tied up into Perry and Getzlaf, and another 41% between those two, Ryan and Hiller.

Penguins seem to do just fine with the same problem.

I'm actually surprisingly impressed with how Bob Murray has handled the last two seasons and this Perry/Getzlaf situation in particular. I'll admit, I really hated his first couple years. Nothing he did worked. He made some bad moves and overpayments. But he's turned it around with Boudreau, Cogliano, Souray, Winnik, Fowler, and some of these young guys that's he's drafted. Lets hope the good fortune continues.

---

Ducks vs Blackhawks on Wednesday.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25% of the Ducks cap will be tied up into Perry and Getzlaf, and another 41% between those two, Ryan and Hiller.

Penguins seem to do just fine with the same problem.

I'm actually surprisingly impressed with how Bob Murray has handled the last two seasons and this Perry/Getzlaf situation in particular. I'll admit, I really hated his first couple years. Nothing he did worked. He made some bad moves and overpayments. But he's turned it around with Boudreau, Cogliano, Souray, Winnik, Fowler, and some of these young guys that's he's drafted. Lets hope the good fortune continues.

Never said it was a bad thing. If they cards right, they can be like the Penguins.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ducks vs Blackhawks on Wednesday.

SOMETHIN'S GOTTA GIVE

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So is it a requirement for the Kings and Yotes to play sloppy, net-dislodging, knee-busting hockey against eachother?

MIKE-SMITH-NAILS-DUSTIN-BROWN.gif

It's like he's trying to base his career off of Ron Hextall's but missing the point entirely.

I like that mayors and commissioners of sports leagues are still writing letters to each other. F*****g call him, Coleman.

But really what do you want him to do? He owes us an all-star game, you can't argue that.

Random question, and I may be an idiot: Jake Muzzin (so far) has had a goal and been on the ice for another, yet he's only a +1 in a 4-0 game. How does that happen?

Muzzin's goal was a power-play goal.

On power plays, the players on the team with the man-advantage doesn't get a Plus added to their stats when they score a goal, and the players on the team with the man-disadvantage doesn't get a Minus when they allow a goal.

Short-handed goals are treated as even-strength goals, where the players for the scoring team gets a Plus while those on the ice that allowed the goal get a Minus.

I never knew that! Learn something new every day. Derp.

Coyotes get shut out by the Kings.

QPD8B.gif

The Coyotes haven't scored a goal since March 12. That's 3 games plus an overtime with Columbus, plus a shootout where they missed both shots. Awesome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So is it a requirement for the Kings and Yotes to play sloppy, net-dislodging, knee-busting hockey against eachother?

Not sure, but I enjoy it.

-------

Ducks cap hit from Perry and Ryan (or Getzlaf? Crap, I dunno) will be $17M next season with a dipped cap.

------

Random question, and I may be an idiot: Jake Muzzin (so far) has had a goal and been on the ice for another, yet he's only a +1 in a 4-0 game. How does that happen?

That's odd.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Here's a really bad start to the day for rams80, if true:

http://thecanuckway.com/2013/03/18/report-vancouver-canucks-farm-team-will-be-in-abbotsford-next-season/

Don't know how legit the sources are, but it says that once the Flames move to Utica, the Canucks will buy the Peoria Rivermen and move them to Abbotsford (why in God's name are you letting another team go there David Andrews what is your goddamn malfunction), and St. Louis, in turn, would then shack up with the Wolves.

The only minor bright spot here is that, if Peoria disappears from the AHL, it could mean a team in the Central League takes the Rivs' place, granting that circuit a temporary stay of execution.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not sure, but I enjoy it.

-------

Ducks cap hit from Perry and Ryan (or Getzlaf? Crap, I dunno) will be $17M next season with a dipped cap.

------

That's odd.

It's not odd, and it was already explained, too.

Power play goals do not yield +/- results. Even strength, short-handed, and empty net goals do.

This is how guys like Malkin have had season(s) where they averaged over a point a game, yet had a poor +/- rating. Many of those points came with the man advantage.

spacer.png

I like that mayors and commissioners of sports leagues are still writing letters to each other. F*****g call him, Coleman.

But really what do you want him to do? He owes us an all-star game, you can't argue that.

Doesn't the league still owe Phoenix an All-Star Game?

Doesn't the league still owe Phoenix an All-Star Game?

I guess so technically, but the glendale situation is a different animal altogether.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's a really bad start to the day for rams80, if true:

http://thecanuckway....rd-next-season/

Don't know how legit the sources are, but it says that once the Flames move to Utica, the Canucks will buy the Peoria Rivermen and move them to Abbotsford (why in God's name are you letting another team go there David Andrews what is your goddamn malfunction), and St. Louis, in turn, would then shack up with the Wolves.

The only minor bright spot here is that, if Peoria disappears from the AHL, it could mean a team in the Central League takes the Rivs' place, granting that circuit a temporary stay of execution.

Any plan that keeps Abbotsford in the AHL is a lateral move at best. I guess it'll be nice knowing that the Canucks no longer have an affiliation with a team in Chicago but still.....what the hell Abbotsford? Your delusions of grandeur are even more nonsensical then Glendale's. At least Glendale had the good sense to vote in people to stop the madness.

I hear to promote the Coyotes, Bettman will put the ASG and the Winter Classic in Glendale and let the Blue Jackets go to Quebec, because that seems to be the onlyh city he cares about.

Simply put the next ASG should be in Columbus anywhere else is a joke.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The best part is that Bettman's letter is like "As you know, there are no All-Star Games in Olympic years, which next year is, unless we don't participate, in which case it is not." It's like the league is run by dfwabel.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We don't know that it isn't.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

But do we know that we don't know that it is or isn't?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived