The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Bleh. Ducks clearly want this one way, way more. Blackhawks are just trying to survive the pressure and bide their time. It's going to take a lot of patience and a bit of luck to get a win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL Network announcers spent the entire 2nd period and most of the 3rd worshiping the blackhawks play.

Thusly the blackhawks give up 2 goals in 2 minutes.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Cogliano is a :censored:ing soldier

I believe you're confusing him with Kellen Winslow Jr.

That being said, enjoy the win, Ducks fans. stillMIGHTY will break my :censored: ing balls for 9 straight days.

twitter

Cogliano is a :censored:ing soldier

I believe you're confusing him with Kellen Winslow Jr.

That being said, enjoy the win, Ducks fans. stillMIGHTY will break my :censored: ing balls for 9 straight days.

He's gotta wake up from his super-hangover, first. Bet he's toasting himself and all his Ducks fans to some winning drink.

Maybe this is just me, but I will be bummed out if there's some playoff shenanigans and the Ducks and Blackhawks are not the Western Conference finals. Playoff upsets are fun, but some years you just wanna see the best teams, ya know?

If they truly are the best teams, then they should have no problems getting to the WCF.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe this is just me, but I will be bummed out if there's some playoff shenanigans and the Ducks and Blackhawks are not the Western Conference finals. Playoff upsets are fun, but some years you just wanna see the best teams, ya know?

If they truly are the best teams, then they should have no problems getting to the WCF.

Hello, I see you're new to the G-ddamn NHL.

I ran out of the day's allotted likes for all the Blackhawks/Ducks posts.

Holy :censored: . Wow. What a game to be at. My adrenaline is still pumping. First time in NHL history two teams with an .800+ win percentage met after 25 games or later. Largest home crowd in Anaheim Ducks history. (17,610. Surprising, considering that we won the Stanley Cup that one time. There was 17,374 at the Cup-clinching Game 5. 17,174 is the seated maximum, for reference.) There were a lot of Blackhawk fans (and I mean damn near the entire Hawks shooting end was red). And that's what made the fast start so awesome. The atmosphere and energy was incredible. Probably in my Top 3 regular season Ducks games of all time.

The first goal and the Ducks huge pressure, then that incredible solo effort by Toews, then the second got a tad chippy with the penalties, the Hawks taking the lead and the Hawks sections getting rambunctious. The Hawks continued to take it to the Ducks in the 3rd until the Hawks 3rd "goal". That getting called back sparked the Ducks a bit. They come back with that two goal swing of Getzlaf taking control to feed Ryan and Selanne for the lead. (and 2/3 of the building to my left clearing out.) Then the scratch and claw to finish it out.

I still almost can't believe the Ducks pulled that out. Once the Hawks took the lead and kept the pressure on the Ducks (pushing the breakout, forechecking low, the Ducks unable to clear it out, Patrick Kane scaring the ever-living out of me every time he had the puck and the Ducks refusing to cut down his space) I thought it was over. That third almost-goal practically sent me to resignation. But the Ducks counterpunched well and came back with their first period form to take the game back. Those are two teams that are so evenly matched and, after watching them both in person, clearly the class of the league, IMO. I could only imagine a seven game series with both teams at full strength (with Perry, Hossa, and Sharp), as much as it would probably send me to my grave. Like the admiral said, anything less than a Ducks/Hawks West Final would be a letdown.

Also, not only is Cogliano a badass for coming immediately back after losing a tooth. Ryan Getzlaf, our captain and catalyst for this victory, played this game WITH THE FLU. That's why he wasn't taking any face-offs, but he made the plays when they had to be made at the end. Getzlaf has taken a while to finally grow into that C and at times I thought he should have given it up or be straight stripped of it, but this season, he is our captain. This is his team.

Chicago is 17-1-1 with the lead after two periods this season. Those two losses, against the Ducks. Even so, I almost don't feel the need to gloat or break any balls (except you Andy :P ), because I've gained so much respect for the Blackhawks as a competitor. Like I said, to me, the Ducks and Hawks are clearly the class of this league right now. These two games have been great and have taken massive late efforts by the Ducks to tie and win them. I can't wait for the next one in Chicago next week (After Wings/Wings/Sharks/@Sharks).

TL;DR - Ducks/Blackhawks was :censored: ing awesome. These are clearly the two best teams in the league. After his own "flu game", Getzlaf is truly the Ducks captain now. Can't wait for the next installment.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I almost don't feel the need to gloat or break any balls (except you Andy :P )

N3314Fn.gif

b4TudVa.gif

twitter

Phoenix people, where can you find cheap last-minute Coyotes tickets? We'll be getting into town around 6 which is too late for StubHub, but with nothing planned tonight, why not?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Phoenix people, where can you find cheap last-minute Coyotes tickets? We'll be getting into town around 6 which is too late for StubHub, but with nothing planned tonight, why not?

Best thing is to just show up and see what the scalpers are asking (and yes, there are scalpers). They also have a special student walk-up discount in the hour before gametime (I think). You can get lower bowl tickets for $25 or upper deck tickets for $10 (again, I think?). I've never done it, but I know they have the deal.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Martin Brodeur scored his third goal tonight...this time he didn't shoot it though. Delayed penalty left the net empty for an errant pass out of the zone to hop off the boards, down the ice, and into the cage. Because he was the last Devil to touch it he got credit.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived