The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Scott Howson couldn't deliver a winning team to Columbus so Edmonton gives him an expanded role. Makes sense*

*I don't think Howson was totally clueless. He stocked the farm system with solid blue-liners, made out pretty good in the Nash trade, and traded for Bobrovsky (first star of the week.Again).

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to recap this press conference:

-Management changes announced

-Kevin Lowe talks about himself

-Lowe says he doesn't care about anybody but paying customers and other fans don't matter

-Lowe seems to think that the more cups you have, the smarter you are

:therock:

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I like to think Scott Howson went in for his interview, pointed at all of his Blue Jacket players ahead of the Oilers in the standings, nodded, and then leaned back in the chair.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Craig Mactavish. He was iffy as a coach, so I'm not sure about this

He pulled the most effort imaginable out of a less-than-talented Oilers team for years, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

TtTRl2i.png

No shootouts in the playoffs!

This inspired me to see what the upper part of the Eastern Conference would look like if the NHL still did one point each for a tie, no loser point, and no shootouts (IMHO, the best system)...

ROW becomes Wins, all shootouts are counted as ties, any shootout losses are subtracted from OT losses and the difference is added to regular losses.

1. Pittsburgh – 29-10-3 – 61

2. Boston – 22-13-6 – 50

3. Toronto – 23-13-5 - 51 *With each OT loss being in the Shootout, their record and points actually don’t change

4. Montreal – 23-13-5 – 46

5. Washington – 20-19-3 – 43 *Wins head-to-head

6. Winnipeg – 20-19-3 – 43

7. Ottawa – 17-16-8 – 42 *Wins head-to-head

8. NY Rangers – 17-16-8 - 42

9. NY Islanders – 18-20-4 – 40

10. Carolina – 17-23-1 – 35

Pittsburgh would still not be ahead of Chicago by still having fewer points, but at least this way Chicago is the one with the better record. Also, if the Penguins manage to win or "tie" just one game they will surpass their record from the last 48-game season.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I'll do the West!

1. Chicago 26-5-10 = 62

2. Anaheim 21-12-9 = 51

3. Los Angeles 22-15-5 = 49

4. Vancouver 19-13-9 = 47

5. St. Louis 20-17-4 = 44

6. Minnesota 18-17-6 = 42

7. Detroit 18-18-6 = 42

8. Dallas 19-19-3 = 41

9. San Jose 14-16-11 = 39

10. Phoenix 15-19-7 = 37

11. Columbus 14-19-9 = 37

12. Calgary 16-22-3 = 35

13. Edmonton 14-22-5 = 33

14. Nashville 13-22-8 = 34

15. Colorado 13-26-3 = 29

So the Hawks are ridiculously inflated, but still head and shoulders above the rest. lol at the "hot" Sharks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It seems like it could be a cluster:censored: as to what to do for the postponement of the game. From here on out, the teams play for all but 2(4/24 and 4/26). Either one or 2 of the teams would be forced to play 3 days in a row if it's moved to then. Also, don't forget a potential conflict with the Celts hosting playoff games. Since the game will probably determine seedings and maybe even the division for the B's, could they simply move it to Sunday 4/28, the day after the season is supposed to end?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Playoffs begin on the 30th.

And at this point, it's still indeterminate whether Boston will be a #2 seed or a #4 seed (they likely won't fall beneath Toronto). Ottawa could bounce anywhere between #6 and #8, it would seem at this point. It's almost certain that game will have effects on the standings, but the NHL might be able to hold out hope for a few days that some things will begin to take shape.

Game 4 of the Celtics/Knicks series looks unlikely to fall on 4/28 as currently scheduled, which is a relief for the NHL. Odds are that game is either next Friday or next Saturday.

spacer.png

Price is stinking up the joint again tonight. The Habs reduce the lead, and minutes later Price lets in some softies.

Goddamn!

Edit: 6-0 after 2. Gets pulled for the 2nd time in a row.

On everyone of my social media accounts, people still talk about Halak...even 4 years later.

Bobrovsky carries Lumbus into 9th with a hell of a spree of saves. They're even on points with Detroit, but the Wings have played 1 fewer game and have 1 fewer loss.

Plus, the Beej have to play Anaheim Wednesday night, while the Wings get the gift that keeps on giving that is the Calgary Flames.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Blue Jackets give up the lead with 2 minutes left. RJ Umberger of all guys ties it 30 seconds later. Nick Foligno ends it on a 2 on 1 in overtime.

That would've been a tough game to lose. At this point they really can't afford to lose more than one so dropping a game to Colorado would mean they'd have to take all 5 of their remaining games.

This team is my favorite. They're so much fun to watch.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived