The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

What is there to understand? They are the epitome of a hot-or-cold team since Boucher was brought in as head coach. They went 46-36 in 2010-11, and 36-46 in 2011-12. Likely 9-9 after tonight in 2013. They are an average team, overall, but they get there by intertwining their five game streaks with their five game skids.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Beej had like twelve minutes of power play time and still got shut out. They sucked even worse than the Hawks did. I want a refund and I wasn't even there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That game had a whole lotta Lumbus to it. I'll take the win and run, considering the Hawks didn't show up until about 38 minutes in.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, Caps fans, if you guys keep losing, what would it take to get Mike Ribeiro? I really don't like him, but he could be a worthy piece of the puzzle.

I tell ya, Caps fans, have you heard of legend-in-the-making Marcus Kruger? Or maybe potential all-star Michael Frolik. I'm telling ya, we're just silly with expendable talent.

Huh? Kruger is going to be a bottom-six center for some time and Frolik has been an effective penalty killer whose contract doesn't need to move until the cap drops. Why would we ship either one out for a rental? You're doing it wrong.

Everybody looks a lot more appealing when you're on a record point streak. I think Kruger's alright but he's nearing his ceiling. Frolik's found a role he can perform admirably, but I don't think he's ever going to be more than what he is.

Plus I was joking, which admittedly I suck at.

Not sure if anyone answered the original question, however, I'm certain that the Caps would botch any trade for Riberio by requesting a few third round draft picks and several sets of hockey pylons.

The Beej had like twelve minutes of power play time and still got shut out. They sucked even worse than the Hawks did. I want a refund and I wasn't even there.

I'll take a 1-0 loss over what I expected for my (almost) beloved Blue Jackets going in to this game. I was anticipating a loss by no less than 4 goals tonight. I'm telling ya, the Beej can play some solid D. Their problem is they can't put the puck in a soccer goal, let alone the NHL sized variety. On the flip side, Steve Mason holds the best team in the NHL to one goal? Steve Mason? He's still the same Steve Mason who was with the Beej back when I was following the NHL before the '05 lockout, right?

Anyway, what do I know? I'm still finding my footing with this hockey stuff. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

6 in a row for the Ducks. 13-2-1.

Ducks/Kings in LA tomorrow night. Someone needs to put a freeze on my bank account between now and then or I might just shell out for the bandwagon-induced overpricing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 in a row for the Ducks. 13-2-1.

Ducks/Kings in LA tomorrow night. Someone needs to put a freeze on my bank account between now and then or I might just shell out for the bandwagon-induced overpricing.

Speaking of which, check your PMs. Your BASS cohorts are trying to reach you.

BB52Big.jpg

He's still the same Steve Mason who was with the Beej back when I was following the NHL before the '05 lockout, right?

His rookie year was 2008-09.

So, five weeks in, I count about five legitimate contenders and a biiiiiiiiiiiig blob of bleh. Chicago, Anaheim, Boston, Montreal, and Pittsburgh are for real. Then there's pretty much everyone else that could contend or maybe not. And then there's no hope for Buffalo, Florida, and Columbus. Should be interesting!

Steve Mason is in a contract year and he's playing under a GM and a team president now who has don't have a strange attachment to him. Of course he's going to play better.

Anyways, the Blackhawks obviously weren't very interested in playing hard last night. If the Blue Jackets weren't so comically bad in the offensive zone they would've pulled the upset.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just spitballing, but wasn't the CBJ starting goaltender in '03-'04 Ron Tugnutt or Marc Denis?

That seems about right. And Denis had do be decent enough in '04 and '06, since the Lightning thought he could be the solution in '07, which ended up being an enormous mistake.

Marc Denis. Oddly enough one of my favorite players of all-time. Think he held the NHL record for ice time in a season if I'm not mistaken.

6fQjS3M.png

Just spitballing, but wasn't the CBJ starting goaltender in '03-'04 Ron Tugnutt or Marc Denis?

That seems about right. And Denis had do be decent enough in '04 and '06, since the Lightning thought he could be the solution in '07, which ended up being an enormous mistake.

Marc Denis. That's who I was thinking of. Steve Mason was the guy in goal at a game I attended a couple years ago.

BB52Big.jpg

Anyways, the Blackhawks obviously weren't very interested in playing hard last night.

Just looking past the tomato can and setting their sights on the unstoppable Sam Gagner.

Marc Denis. That's who I was thinking of. Steve Mason was the guy in goal at a game I attended a couple years ago.

Mason was very good when he played for the London Knights, and he wasn't that bad during his first season withe the Beej. I have no idea what happened there.

Archived