The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

There can't be more than 7,000 people in the stands in Miami tonight.

So many casual fickle fans occupy South Beach. No wonder it's one of the worst sports cities in America.

Miami fans: where "no stadium sellouts despite LeBron, the World Series, Marino, and the U" happen.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Rangers suck, so don't worry about that one.

I know it's early, and I'm probably overreacting a bit, but he wasn't that good last year considering the contract and he's been virtually invisible this season.

The mystery player? Brad Richards. You're going to start hearing calls for the 2nd amnesty buyout (#1 was Wade Redden) for him come the spring.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Too funny. Do they just yell out a number at the end of the game? http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/ES020280.HTM

"Hey Jim, how many are in attendance?"

"Ehh, 17,000-something should do, Bob."

The attendance gets announced every game by the Texas Instruments Random Number Generator, Presented By Radio Shack.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know it's early, and I'm probably overreacting a bit, but he wasn't that good last year considering the contract and he's been virtually invisible this season.

The mystery player? Brad Richards. You're going to start hearing calls for the 2nd amnesty buyout (#1 was Wade Redden) for him come the spring.

Even if you're right, and he really should be doing better than two goals in 17 games...

holy crap are you baiting me by coldly criticizing my favorite player in the league, and someone who I defend at every turn I get.

The Rangers had serious problems winning at MSG during the playoffs, and that problem doesn't seem to have alleviated itself this season. 8-8-2 on the season after adding Rick Nash? Terrible. Hank can't do it all himself.

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets are now without their top three centers (anisimov, brassard, Dubinsky) and without their best dmen (wisnirwski, j Johnson). Oh and their number one pick (Ryan Murray) is injured for the season. Curse continues, we just need something to pin it on. Nothing worse than a curse with no origin.

Somehow they still managed to scrape a loser point out of Dallas by coming back 4 times! They're scrappy alright.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Flyers re-acquire 2010 Playoff hero Simon Gagne: http://flyers.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=64095

Jeez, is he seriously only 32 (for another few days, at least)? Seems like he's been around forever.

Well, he was born on a February 29, so he's really much older than just 32...

Wrong way. He's much younger....only 8 :P

Even if you're right, and he really should be doing better than two goals in 17 games...

holy crap are you baiting me by coldly criticizing my favorite player in the league, and someone who I defend at every turn I get.

The Rangers had serious problems winning at MSG during the playoffs, and that problem doesn't seem to have alleviated itself this season. 8-8-2 on the season after adding Rick Nash? Terrible. Hank can't do it all himself.

No. I'm just calling it as I see it. His contract could be an albatross. Not that he's bad or anything. But if you have a chance to rid yourself of that contract, I think you seriously have to do it.

Is he the only reason they're struggling? Not one bit. There's a lot of problems that have dated back a bit. Last season was a bit of an aberration. This is more of the same from 80, 09, 10, and 11.

On edit: He's got a 6.67 million cap hit from now until 2020. No other Ranger currently is signed beyond 2014 (RFA's technically aren't signed yet) except Nash, JT Miller on his entry level deal, and Marc Staal. Not even Lundqvist. There's going to have to be a discussion on the matter. Just has to be.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I don't understand why they're so set on this four-conference thing

It's the best way to justify expanding to 32 teams :angered:

Maybe--but since they have 30 teams--and it is possibel to do divisions & conferences with an equal number of teams in each it makes no sense to do unequal conferences--even with their wild card set up.

It's screwy.

If they were back to a situation with an odd number of teams that didn't split up easily--I could see unequal divisions--but when you can do it--you should.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah this new realignment proposal doesn't make a whole lot of sense:

-Eastern teams have less of a chance at playoffs

-if PHX moves to QC or a team is added in the east if they expand to 32, would CBJ or DET be sent right back to west

-how is Montreal and Boston in a "Central" division

I can solve the division name problem: Pacific and Central are in the Campbell Conference, Atlantic and East are in the Wales Conference

The should use last year's proposal except move CBJ to one of the Eastern divisions. DET said last year they would stay in the west if they only had to go to the west coast teams once a year.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The Blue Jackets are now without their top three centers (anisimov, brassard, Dubinsky) and without their best dmen (wisnirwski, j Johnson). Oh and their number one pick (Ryan Murray) is injured for the season. Curse continues, we just need something to pin it on. Nothing worse than a curse with no origin.

Somehow they still managed to scrape a loser point out of Dallas by coming back 4 times! They're scrappy alright.

At least they'll be able to land MacKinnon in the draft to help out that awful offense. Unless they get screwed by the lottery again and end up in the 3 spot.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

At least they'll be able to land MacKinnon in the draft to help out that awful offense. Unless they get screwed by the lottery again and end up in the 3 spot.

I'm not as worried about the draft as I was last year. There was 1 guy I wanted last year and we didn't get him. This year I'll be happy with Seth Jones, or Mackinnon, or Drouin, or Barkov.

But watch the Blue Jackets fall out of the top 4 with the new lottery rules. Fun fact: They've never moved up in the draft lottery.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived