2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And who called it? No I'm just playin, but I really did have a feeling about this one.

2 FCS upsets in 2 days, this season is going to be CRAZY.

Are you considering UCONN getting their asses handed to them an upset?

Well yes, UConn isn't the greatest program, but they're much better than losing to Towson by 18, so I guess it was an upset

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I wasn't very impressed by Michigan State tonight. The offense was :censored: on a stick, 2 of our 3 touchdowns were scored by the defense for crying out loud! I'll take the win tonight, but this team has to fix the issues on offense before we play the stronger teams on our schedule, or this will be one long season.

Why is NDSU still not part of the BCS, again?

Money.

Also 1 game that you have all offseason to prepare for =/= 12. Still a good win for the Bison, even with K-State supposed to be down this season.

-----------------------------------------------------

Feeling better and better about Indiana throttling those racist hilljacks from Terre Haute looking around the country.

Also kind of pissed that NDSU is the one MVFC school not on Forgottonia State's schedule.

And who called it? No I'm just playin, but I really did have a feeling about this one.

2 FCS upsets in 2 days, this season is going to be CRAZY.

Are you considering UCONN getting their asses handed to them an upset?

By Towson? Yes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, and Bill Snyder had his own statue get unveiled today outside of the stadium. Which is easily the funniest part of today.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think ND State could do good in the FBS given the chance. But then again, they would have to start in a smaller conference like the Mountain West, MAC, or even the AAC (just look at that conference. Louisville will only be there for a year and they will be the best team the Conference will ever see)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think ND State could do good in the FBS given the chance. But then again, they would have to start in a smaller conference like the Mountain West, MAC, or even the AAC (just look at that conference. Louisville will only be there for a year and they will be the best team the Conference will ever see)

Try the MAC.

I still think they outta just do away with FBS/FCS completely and make it one division, if you don't have enough scholarships to be competitive too bad so sad then you get whopped, plain and simple

There are also minimum numbers of sports to be supported in both I-A and I-AA, with I-A requiring more. I-AA schools can't afford to add more sports.

Today, we are all otaku.

I still think they outta just do away with FBS/FCS completely and make it one division, if you don't have enough scholarships to be competitive too bad so sad then you get whopped, plain and simple

Plus, there are average attendance requirements -- NDSU I don't think would be affected, but most FCS teams struggle to bring in 10k a game (only the top 30 teams in attendance do).

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I don't watch ESPN's "College Gameday" show much, but I forget how entertaining it is to read the signs the students in the background are holding up. Among today's highlights:

-A picture with Mark Richt with the "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo" show logo next to it.

-"Clowney, read this...oh wait"

-"Clemson couldn't even protect a rock"

Try the MAC.

There are also minimum numbers of sports to be supported in both I-A and I-AA, with I-A requiring more. I-AA schools can't afford to add more sports.

wait what? FBS and FCS is only football im not sure what adding sports has to do with that when they just merge it............and the attendance thing is silly cause its the only sport in the NCAA that has that rule, u see 300 plus teams in basketball with a few teams with only 1000 people or less in the arena....

Archived