College to Pro 2013-14

Discrim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly demanded, but ended up translating well: Barkevious Mingo

c2pbarkeviousmingo.png

...though I've just now realized I forgot a little something about LSU's pants: it's less obvious than Auburn's mismatched helmet/pants stripes, but there's thin yellow stripes in between the purple and white IRL that is absent on the helmet, something I forgot to reflect on the Browns pants here. Probably shoulda made LSU's pants white here as well, with a gold/purple/gold stripe, but oh well, I started the party and the cops aint here yet. In any case, the Browns with UCLA stripes: never really thought about it before, but now I wanna see it IRL.

by popular demand, Randall Cobb

c2prandallcobb.png

Relative simplicity is a funny thing...on Kentucky's side, silver is often UK's go to choice when they find a third color necessary, so it fills the role of gold, with a mock oval K on the helmet. On the Packers side, I'd thought about the old block GB, but I kinda liked the gold G of the Thanksgiving sideline caps, so I went that direction instead.

hadn't been demanded, but Honey Badger don't care...

c2phoneybadger.png

On the LSU side, I'd originally had the shoulders being purple, but gold seemed like a better fit. And as I feel the current tiger head is simply too weird looking to use on...anything, really, but I was too lazy to dig up the older tiger I have on me, the eye had to do. On the Cards side, I'd considered copper domes and pants, but it'd have looked too much like the Niners. It was either this or all white.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

LSU looks really nice with the Browns stripes. What do you plan on doing next?

Thanks, and probably Denard Robinson. That one should be interesting: gradient helmet on one side, Under the Lights design on the other. Might do an Eli Ole Miss/Bolts "what if?" for the hell of it.

Love this stuff. The Browns especially look great.

Doesn't UK have checkered sleeves? Would it be too off path to suggest cheese holes on the Packers sleeves?

Usually, I try to get close to what whoever I had in mind wore while in school, though I'll generally make exceptions depending on the situation. As the checkers weren't there when Cobb was, and nothing UK has resembles the Pack, no Woodson exception (so named because of the four C2P Woodson jerseys I've done, only one is based on a uniform he actually wore). For reference:

slideshow_823256_uga4.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

never heard of em....j/k, I figure I can get either DD or #12 in pretty quick...maybe both, to be honest, as I won't need to get a hold of the Jags numbers or get a gradient helmet just right (the main things holding up the Shoelace set). Hell, the main reason I hadn't done Rodgers yet was I haven't decided whether to go with Cal or his juco, Butte. Leaning towards the latter, if only for something a bit different from usual.

2016cubscreamsig.png

From the request line...Donald Driver...I figured I'd throw together an arrowhead rather than an oval (which would resemble Akron's 70s helmet, oddly enough)...ended up a bit cruder than I'd imagined it, though. Heh, a different logo and I could easily imagine either Washington or Wash House coming out the tunnel in these. Considering Driver Alcorn pics are much harder to find than Air McNair pics, I'm glad they hadn't changed their jerseys in the interim, no way I'd have tried otherwise.

c2pdonalddriver.png

Also from the requests...Aaron Rodgers (after double-checking...phew...I was hoping I didn't put down Cal by mistake instead of Butte. Happened when I did JJ Watt a few years back, I'd reused my Andre Johnson set and forgot to change the caption from Miami to Wisconsin). In any event, I decided to use the Powerball throwbacks as the basis of the Butte jersey...no, the 4's not off center, 4's are just funny like that. Yes, 4 was his juco number...and yes, you'll probably guess right on who inspired his choice if you didn't already know. Ironic: #4 in juco, #8 at Cal, #12 in GB. Anyways, Butte used a BC while Rodgers was there, so the Pack helmet has a GB, though I kinda wish I'd made a less ugly B.

c2paaronrodgers1.png

Not requested, but I figured it'd have been implied: Eddie Lacy.

c2peddielacy.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Can you do the rest of the Green Bay Packers? :P

but seriously, I love this. Just a thought though, For Rodgers why not use the word "Bay" in place of "Cal" ? Unless that was supposed to be his Juco College?

EDIT: I dont read text, just look at the shiny pictures

Since you seem to be a Packers fan yourself, How about John Kuhn?

20110113_084334_092904-sub-John-Kuhn-3_3

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Love Eddie Lacy only thing I would change is the helmet Logo that elephant logo isnt used much the script a logo, or the circle script a logo would look good there.

I agree with this. I think the script A would be more fitting since the Packers use a G in their helmet. Otherwise, great work with all three of these, even if they are Packers :P

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Can you do the rest of the Green Bay Packers? :P

but seriously, I love this. Just a thought though, For Rodgers why not use the word "Bay" in place of "Cal" ? Unless that was supposed to be his Juco College?

EDIT: I dont read text, just look at the shiny pictures

Since you seem to be a Packers fan yourself, How about John Kuhn?

Heh, at this rate I'll wind up posting Whisper Goodman, DeMond Parker and Samkon Gado...I used to do these in themed sets of four, and til I'd transitioned to a single thread I was saving Kuhn for a "Cult Heroes" set...much like how there hasn't been a Clay C2P yet, I'd intended to take a stab at a Matthews family set. Guess I might still try my hand at the cult heroes set...and yes :D unless Cal rechristened itself Butte College in the last week, that was AR's juco.

Love Eddie Lacy only thing I would change is the helmet Logo that elephant logo isnt used much the script a logo, or the circle script a logo would look good there.

I tried the A at first. It looked weird in an oval. And honestly, by itself it looks great on a baseball cap, less so on a football helmet. And my thought process went something like this:

1. Try script A on oval.
  2. if that fails, try elephant on oval.

Yeh, the circle never really entered my mind.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Partly to reaffirm that this is not College to Pack, but College to Pro...Michael Vick for people too young to remember the Vick hype from when he was at VT. Otherwise known as Denard Robinson. Wolverine head by JJSCOTT. As promised, ill-advised gradient on one side, Under the Lights on the other.

c2pdenardrobinson1.png

Getting a longer-standing request out of the way, the polarizing Ndamukong Suh. In the "these things happen" file, the Lions' regular uniforms include four colors-Honolulu blue, silver, black and white. Nebraska uses three colors at most-red, white and depending on the sport, black. Thus, as you see, I needed some color I could believably use for the helmet, and immediately thought of a color Colorwerx champions somewhat often, the Michigan Panthers' champagne silver.

c2pndamukongsuh.png

#12 again, Cal this time. I was tempted to go with a "Bay" script, but went with "Pack."

c2paaronrodgers2.png

Megatron of the Midway...frankly, way back when I posted the first College to Pro set, an all-Miami affair, I was over the explosions of piping the U popularized, largely because they're really easy to get wrong.

c2palshonjeffery.png

And for one post only...Brett Lorenzo Favre....yes, those stripes again. Let's just say college and high school teams were all over that striping style for the better part of a decade.

c2pbrettfavre.png

Happy New Year. Eat chili with Doritos.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived