College to Pro 2013-14

Discrim

Denard Robinson is a beaut. Thanks for getting to my request. The others are great as well.

How about a crazy one, like LaMichael James? Those two uniform sets couldn't be farther from each other.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partly to reaffirm that this is not College to Pack, but College to Pro...Michael Vick for people too young to remember the Vick hype from when he was at VT. Otherwise known as Denard Robinson. Wolverine head by JJSCOTT. As promised, ill-advised gradient on one side, Under the Lights on the other.

c2pdenardrobinson1.png

Ha! It's no worse than JAX's current set.

Since I'm getting more requests than a radio DJ, may as well address em:

FallenHaveRisen: haven't done a USC guy in a while, and haven't done a Steeler since the Bus. I'm just gonna say yes I'll do it, as continuing would be filled with awkward sexual innuendos.

JTswag187: the bad news: I've done Ray Lewis before. The good news: that was part of my very first College to Pro thread, which you probably don't feel like digging for. The better news: I've long thought about revisiting that one, as I'd used both the current Canes numbers and the ibis/hurricane, both of which debuted after he was gone, and those were only two of the things people complained about in that maiden voyage, the most notable issue they had was my initial refusal to switch helmet styles. Let's just say I have a great idea for a Ravens-style 'police badge' for the Canes and leave it at that for now. As long as I'm talking revisiting things, I'll probably also revisit Charles Woodson, Packers version.

Wonderbread: as I'd mentioned a few pages back, on my own, I'd never do it. That said, I've basically been asked nicely, so there will be a Tom Brady C2P. Now if you'd asked for Curtis Enis, Ahmad Carroll or Cade McNown I'd have outright refused. There's general hatred, and then there's the unforgivable.

kbaker: heh, why not. Hell, since Oregon's involved, I could probably squeeze at least three sets out of that route. Hopefully, considering I've never even attempted an Oregon football concept, ever.

grant1woods: thanks, and see above.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Alright, here goes Ray Lewis...

c2praylewis2.png

As mentioned, a few years back, the very first College to Pro thread was an all-Miami affair. Ray Lewis, Devin Hester, Edgerrin James and Andre Johnson. One notable part of the early installment weirdness was how I'd gone about the helmets...and by that, I mean I didn't change them at all from RL. Not the case here, clearly. As I said I would, the Canes' sleeves are adorned with their version of the Ravens' "police badge," with the U in one corner, baseball's English M in another, and the other two being hurricane flags; also, as I obviously needed an ibis head to take the place of a raven head, I traced an older Sebastian head. Granted, I could've used head of the 80s version, but oh well. A bit tough to see, but on the Ravens side, the B is partially purple, partially black.

Wasn't requested, I've been planning this one since September though...Ben Roethlisberger

c2pbenroethlisberger.png

Yeh, the other Miami...when I first saw pictures of Miami U's new unis, I knew I had to do this. On the Miami side, the Steelers "bumblebee" throwbacks provided the base, complete with the number plates. On the Steelers side, you got the Steelers script across the shoulders, as well as a hypocycloid pattern on the helmet.

2016cubscreamsig.png

This is all great work man! I really like the Denard and Big Ben sets, the best ones are the ones where you use the modern uniforms. I'm always impressed with your logos too, this is easily one of the best series in the concept forum!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I just puked on my screen, good job

:D hope you had the Windex or whatever handy

How about Tandon Doss, Indiana to Baltimore?

Indiana plays football? j/k, quite likely...I might try my hand at that candy stripe helmet.

I'm thinking about Michael Bush: Louisville to the Chicago Bears.

I make no promises about when, but sure.

Could you do Elway, Stanford to Denver?

I've considered Elway for a while...so what'll the preferred poison be? Orange era, 94 throwback or blue?

Matt Flynn, LSU to Packers please...

Haha, at this rate LSU's gonna be my new USC...

What's the link to your first College to Pro thread? This is a fantastic series and I would love to check out more of your work.

I'll do ya one better...#1-Miami...#2-a few 2011 1st rounders...#3-Heismans/SB Champs...#4-Small Schoolers...#5-Rose Bowlers...#6-FCS...#7-2012 thread

Obviously, I ask that nobody bump any of those threads...anyway, the all-Canes set was the debut. The Heismans set is the source of my "Woodson exception" term, and the 2012 thread includes the Mannings, Luck, RG3, Cutler, a Junior Seau tribute, and an all-Notre Dame set.

Kirk Cousins please, MSU to the Washington Redskins.

Ah, the master of Sparty's trademark asspull win...that'll be an interesting one to take on.

This is all great work man! I really like the Denard and Big Ben sets, the best ones are the ones where you use the modern uniforms. I'm always impressed with your logos too, this is easily one of the best series in the concept forum!

Well...there's always one lingering thought in my mind as far as this goes: that theoretically, somebody else could have beaten me to the idea. Hell, I know there are at least a few guys out there that could do this series better than I could. Hell, that's the main reason there's no basketball College to Pro, at least not by my hand. Not sure what it says about the C2P idea that they haven't, but thanks for the flattery anyway.

Wow. That Roethlisberger transformation is so ugly that I love it. Good job on the Miami badge as well.

:D

2016cubscreamsig.png

How about Tandon Doss, Indiana to Baltimore?

Indiana plays football? j/k, quite likely...I might try my hand at that candy stripe helmet.

Well, they field a team and a few of us watch the games. I haven't missed an IU football game in three years. I probably qualify for disability due to that.

As you may have heard, some Johnny Football kid has entered the draft. Naturally, I'll take a stab at some of the class of '14 starting in late April. And echoing the older posts, I have a themed set or two in mind before then. In the meantime, I would've posted this yesterday, but it was cold enough that I needed to put gloves on. Can't get a real good feel for much of anything with numb fingers...so here goes Brady. Again, wolverine head is property of JJSCOTT, and I'm making exactly $0.00 off of this.

c2ptombrady.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived