Infrared's Who Am I?

infrared41

It's an annual tradition that's almost up there with Tank's Super Bowl Trivia. Back for another run, it's infrared's Who Am I?

It's simple. Five clues to figure out the player. Odds are that most players will be from Super Bowls played in the 60's thru early to mid 90's, but there's always a chance that someone more recent may pop up.

Round One:

1. I am an Iowa Hawkeye who played in the NFL for nine seasons.

2. I played in one Super Bowl and I have one Super Bowl ring.

3. I made four Pro Bowls and was named all-pro three times.

4. A current NBA analyst who has four NBA championship rings used to imitate my celebration.

5. My celebration could be considered a staple at weddings.

Who Am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Man, I had a Merton Hanks action figure or whatever you want to call it when I was younger for some reason. This would have been one of the guys that was "before my time" that I would have actually known.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I hated Merton Hanks, mainly because it seemed he always had an interception when the 49ers played the Falcons......

Hanks was one of my favorite players. Normally, I don't care for the over the top celebrations, but his chicken dance was :censored: -ing hysterical.

BB52Big.jpg

Round II

1. I am a five time Pro Bowler with three Super Bowl rings.

2. I am considered one of the best signings ever from this now defunct NFL Free Agency rule.

3. The team that drafted me had never made a Super Bowl. They would eventually get there only to lose to the team that I played against and beat in my final NFL game - a Super Bowl.

4. My NFL career ended in the same stadium where I played my first NFL home game the team the team that drafted me called home.

5. I played for the same team in college that I won Super Bowls with in the NFL - sort of.

Who Am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Jay Novacek

Plan B, that's the damned rule. I was torturing myself over what the name was.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Jay Novacek

Tank for the win. Jay Novacek is who we were looking for.

2123536.jpg

1. Five straight Pro Bowls and 3 Super Bowl rings with the Cowboys.

2. Signed by the Cowboys as a Plan B free agent in 1990.

3. Drafted by the Cardinals who would go on to lose to the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. Novacek's last NFL game was Super Bowl XXX against the Steelers.

4. CORRECTION: Clue #4 contained incorrect information. As illwauk pointed out, the Cards were still in St. Louis when they drafted Novacek. Novacek played is his last NFL game in Super Bowl XXX at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, which was simply the current home of the team that drafted him. I'm docking myself 8 internets for the mistake.

5. Played for the Wyoming Cowboys in college and the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL.

BB52Big.jpg

4. My NFL career ended in the same stadium where I played my first NFL home game.

The Cardinals were still in St. Louis when they drafted Novacek and didn't move to Tempe until his last season with them. :therock:

4. My NFL career ended in the same stadium where I played my first NFL home game.

The Cardinals were still in St. Louis when they drafted Novacek and didn't move to Tempe until his last season with them.

Good catch. I was all caught up in the "ended his career with a Super Bowl win in the stadium where the inept team that drafted him played" angle. I blew it on that one. Oh well.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived