How many times will they say the name "Harbaugh"?

tutorhunky

Over. WAAAYYYY OVER. I'm guessing at least 50.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A person could easily play a drinking game to the words "Harbaugh" or "Ray Lewis" today.

Takes me back to the Super Bowl between NO and Indy. Me and my friend took shots for every time Pete Townsend done his windmill. Since him being an old fart we thought it would be easy. What end of happening was we were both hammered by the start of the 3rd Quarter. Choose your drinking games carefully.

You could have quite a bingo card for this game:

-Harbaughs

-Harbaughs' Parents

-where Harbaughs' parents are watching

-Alex Smith handling being a backup

-Ray Lewis' last game

-revitalization of New Orleans since Katrina

-how hospitable New Orleans has been

-the Superdome's symbolism in said revitalization

-bountygate

-how the Ravens could still be Cleveland Browns 1.0

-Goodell

-discussion of 2014 Super Bowl at the Meadowlands

-if 49ers win, will tie Pittsburgh with most Super Bowls (6)

-mention of "Elementary" airing after the Super Bowl

-promo for whatever lame news story the local affiliate is airing after "Elementary"

-promo of The Masters

-promo of March Madness

-mentioning of Beyonce lip-syncing national anthem at inauguration

-reminding us that there must be "indisputable video evidence" to overturn a call

-reminding us that there are no coaches challenges in the last two minutes

-reminding us that all scoring plays are reviewable

-if the game goes to overtime, excessively explaining the revised overtime rules

-discussion of Ray Lewis PED allegations

-Joe Flacco's arm

-discussion of David Akers kicking ability well before a fieldgoal or PAT(like when Baltimore has the ball)

Please add more below.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

-Harbaughs

-Harbaughs' Parents

-Ray Lewis' last game

-bountygate

-Goodell

-promo for whatever lame news story the local affiliate is airing after "Elementary"

-promo of The Masters

-promo of March Madness

-reminding us that there must be "indisputable video evidence" to overturn a call

-if the game goes to overtime, excessively explaining the revised overtime rules

-Joe Flacco's arm

-discussion of David Akers kicking ability well before a fieldgoal or PAT(like when Baltimore has the ball)

Please add more below.

-if Kaepernick or Flacco will choke

-If the 49ers win how they'll be a dangerous team for years to come

The only thing for me that's been annoying to the point of being unbearable is the whole Ray Lewis stuff and its not even over the dee antler stuff. I've always been under the impression that the majority not the minority of pro athletes are doing something illegal and it doesn't seem to be a major priority with them, so I'm not getting upset over it.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how great of a person this guy is because he's good at football, a good team leader and hasn't been accused of a major crime in the past decade. I don't need the media telling me who I should admire or who my heroes should be.

Anything else though I really haven't had much of an opinion on. The Super Bowl is the football game for everyone who's not a football fan. So its not going to be covered the same way as a regular game. That has to be taken as a given. I just do what I can to not pay attention to media week or any other storylines the media needs to drum up in order to make the game seem more interesting to non football fans.

I also think the Harbaugh stuff is kind of a big deal and the only time I really heard about it was for the press conference on Friday and I couldn't give you a single quote from either one of them, so I haven't really been effected by it one way or the other.

I've noticed that the only people who complain about things like this are the ones who watch a lot of ESPN.

Watch less ESPN.

We got no other choice.

You have virtually infinite choices.

Also, do you get credit toward the Harbaugh Count if it comes out like "Har-BOWWW" which it sporadically does for some reason? I'm not going to watch, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've noticed that the only people who complain about things like this are the ones who watch a lot of ESPN.

Watch less ESPN.

We got no other choice.

It's called the internet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Watch less ESPN.

We got no other choice.

Yeah but then I have to search and read. I rather put up with ESPN's crap.

-Harbaughs

-Harbaughs' Parents

-Ray Lewis' last game

-bountygate

-Goodell

-promo of The Masters

-promo of March Madness

-Joe Flacco's arm

Please add more below.

I'm almost positive that every one of these things you listed would be mentioned at some point during the game.

Watch less ESPN.

We got no other choice.

The horror....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Watch less ESPN.

We got no other choice.

NFL Network?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived