Jaguars will soon have the biggest video board in the NFL

Island_Style

It is massive. One of many changes coming to Everbank. It is nice having an insanely rich owner.

I better hope HE is paying for that. I like the concept, the ends of that stadium feel a bit "empty"

Nice. Now people can see it from miles away, which is about where all the fans are on game day anyway.

Like St Louis, right?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

I saw, I came, I left.

It is massive. One of many changes coming to Everbank. It is nice having an insanely rich owner.

I better hope HE is paying for that. I like the concept, the ends of that stadium feel a bit "empty"

Nice. Now people can see it from miles away, which is about where all the fans are on game day anyway.

Like St Louis, right?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

I ran out of likes for the day but I will give you one tomorrow! Funny :lol:

Link please?

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/2/5/3956110/jaguars-new-logo-videoboard-everbank-field

He isn't.

The city is responsible for the project which is projected to cost $50M. For comparison, the Titans digital video project at LP Field completed last summer cost $26M and is being paid for with a $2/ticket tax.

Also keep in mind, teams still keep the advertising revenues on the new screens.

He isn't.

The city is responsible for the project which is projected to cost $50M. For comparison, the Titans digital video project at LP Field completed last summer cost $26M and is being paid for with a $2/ticket tax.

Also keep in mind, teams still keep the advertising revenues on the new screens.

Yeah, I figured since it is owned by the city after all.

I saw, I came, I left.

Not to be a buzz kill, but as is illustrated by that picture, it's really more like 3 video boards than one.

Sure it's all the same thing, but the pixel ratio of video (even if you go wider than 16:9 as many do) just doesn't work on something that wide. I'm guessing the portion that will house replays is not noticeably larger than every other teams (or it might actually fall down in the rankings a little).

Sure they'll be able to put great big graphic advertisements on it, but as far as being a video board? It's big but not quite in the same way you'd think at first glance.

Still, very cool if it happens.

Archived