2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my understanding, Gordon couldn't get a wild card spot. It's sucks for Truex because it seems that he didn't "know" what was happening, but both Bowyer and Vickers were told to come in and pit at the end to give up position so Logano would finish in the top 10 and Truex would be able to grab the final wild card spot.

From my understanding, Gordon couldn't get a wild card spot. It's sucks for Truex because it seems that he didn't "know" what was happening, but both Bowyer and Vickers were told to come in and pit at the end to give up position so Logano would finish in the top 10 and Truex would be able to grab the final wild card spot.

and because of that gordon could not finish in the top 10 right?? so i thought in turn he was affected too right?

First of all, Carl Edwards did not jump the restart. It doesn't take a brain-child to see that Menard spun the tires. Watch the back of the 27 as they hit the gas. As far NASCAR penalizing Michael Waltrip, I'm surprised. This isn't the first time this has happened at Richmond. Wasn't it Paul Menard who spun a few years ago with no action from NASCAR. I applaud NASCAR for stepping up and penalizing MWR and taking Truex out of the Chase. I know a lot of people say it's unfair to Truex as he didn't know, but how fair was it to Newman or even Jeff Gordon. I do think that saying that Clint Bowyer should be kicked out of the Chase is ridiculous. He earned the right. Penalize him. I will say if NASCAR wanted real credibility, then they would sit the entire MWR team for the rest of the year. Yes, let Bowyer be in the Chase, but don't let him race. That alone would be an embarrassment to MWR and make his sponsors take a close look at him and his ethics. People talk about the cheating that Hendricks does, but MWR from the get go has cheating in extremely questionable ways and Mikey just says, "I had no idea". It doesn't matter Mikey, you're team is turning into one of the sleaziest teams in NASCAR.

and because of that gordon could not finish in the top 10 right?? so i thought in turn he was affected too right?

Gordon was battling Logano for a spot in the chase. If Vickers hadn't pitted at the end, Gordon would have gotten the spot in the top 10 and Logano would have been awarded the 12th spot. But Vickers was told to pit and Logano got the top 10 spot and Truex got the 12th spot.

Nascar isn't changing the outcome of the race which is why Gordon is getting the short end of the stick.

I have lost a lot of respect towards the entire MWR organization.

1. The most obvious reason, this whole scenario. Im not going to cover something that's already been done

2. 6-7 years ago, Waltrip tried to cheat with his "jet fuel" crap and was docked 50-100 points, which would be catastrophic for a team today.

3. Vickers should've knew something was up. He did kinda question the decision of the GM, but he listened anyway. I don't think he did the wrong thing there, but for Pete's sake, man, stand up for your freakin self. You've already got the ride for the rest of this year plus all of the next two, so make yourself heard! He shouldn't have listened.

4. I have lost a lot of respect towards Clint's crew chief. Cowboysfan92 (or something. Sorry if I spelled your username wrong) posted that link to ESPN's original report. There was something about the crew chief saying "Hey, does your arm itch? you better scratch it." WWE couldn't make up crap this bad. Not even those cheesy 90's movies could make that up. That shoulda been NASCAR's first red flag. The second should've been the radio chatter between the GM and his drivers-Red Flag #2. Finally, we have Vicker's last lap avg. speed at a "Whopping" 79-80 mph. Strike three, MWR's Titanic was in the crosshairs of NASCAR's iceberg, known as the board of competition. Then came today, when was the iceberg with Brian Pemberton as the tip, hit MWR's ship with Martin Truex Jr. as the hull. Hope this metaphor helps

One last thing before I leave this conversation and prepare for Chicago, and that would be the talk about Jeff being screwed over. I would like to see one of Mikey's cars get taken out by Gordon. But, with NASCAR blood thirsty after give out a huge penalty like tonight, I wouldn't if I were him. Anyway, I think that if Jeff did stay out following the caution, he wouldn't have lasted long up front ultimately dropping him back to where he ended up. He had worn tires compared to the rest of the field and less fuel which may or may not have played a factor. I'm over Jeff missing the Chase, though I'm still a tiny bit disappointed. Overall, I'm just happy Newman got in. He was more deserving. He has been golden these past few races and great ever since Indy. this is gonna be a fun 10 weeks. See ya'll tomorrow, and happy Anti-Waltrip Day today! :flagusa:

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

From Twitter and direct message chatter, Jeff Gordon's not the only one upset with letting Clint off basically. It won't be Gordon to be the first one to spin Bowyer or any other MWR car, but he will put a fender to him!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Ricky Craven seemed a little upset with Bowyer's answers today. You could really see it in his eyes. Bowyer was being a bit of an a-hole, saying Craven wouldn't know the competition level. Craven would come right back and say that he did understand the competition level. He was pounding Clint with questions. The one that he never really answered was if he intentionally spun or not. Props to Ricky for staying cool

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Ricky Craven seemed a little upset with Bowyer's answers today. You could really see it in his eyes. Bowyer was being a bit of an a-hole, saying Craven wouldn't know the competition level. Craven would come right back and say that he did understand the competition level. He was pounding Clint with questions. The one that he never really answered was if he intentionally spun or not. Props to Ricky for staying cool

Major kudos to Ricky, for both keeping his cool, acting more like a journalist than a driver and for asking the questions we fans wanted to ask. You could see an anger in his eyes on Monday. Hell, you could see anger in all three ABC/ESPN analysts Saturday night!

On Sirius, Brian Pattie, Clint's crew chief, said they were just joking.

Time to get out the bullpucky horn!

The new line is now, "There are lies, damn lies, and Michael Waltrip Racing Excuses"

NASCAR still hasn't gone far enough. Allowing Clint Bowyer in the Chase is wrong. And, it's angered, not only Rick Hendrick and Jeff Gordon, but others in the garage. I don't see Jeff taking out Clint in Chicagoland, but I can see others, especially those that angry over the spin bringing in credibility and integrity issues to NASCAR.

Also, NASCAR's bull about they didn't have access to the videos and radio communications until it was too late is wrong! ESPN had it. Several reporters on hand had access to it, were Tweeting about it! I believe that NASCAR knew they were in a heap of trouble, knew they had to do something, but wanted to wait until the lawyers were available.

well ricky is prob one of the best analysts out there for nascar, hope he gets picked up by NBC for booth duty, over wally or jarrett, glad he asked the hard questions...

fun fact:, not only have i met ricky craven before but i lived about 15 mins from his hometown (newburgh, ME), and the impression i got from meeting him was beyond class act but also down to earth.

Just imagine if Craven had been a more successful driver. Then he wouldn't have been known only as the guy who won Darlington '03 or as an ESPN analyst. I hope he gets the booth with NBC. Wouldn't be surprised if he knocks out Michael Waltrip for FOX. Don't see him being there much longer

Just imagine if Craven had been a more successful driver. Then he wouldn't have been known only as the guy who won Darlington '03 or as an ESPN analyst. I hope he gets the booth with NBC. Wouldn't be surprised if he knocks out Michael Waltrip for FOX. Don't see him being there much longer

Ricky did the best interview so far. How he didn't come out and just bust Bowyer with his lies and half-truths shows that he's had some great journalism coaching from ESPN's Marty Smith and Ryan McGee. You could tell that Ricky wanted the truth, and Bowyer wasn't forthcoming, yet he kept his head.

I missed the softball interview Waltrip did on FS1, but from what I've gleaned from transcripts, he was tossed softball questions, gave "politician caught with his penis out" half-answers and threw Ty Norris under the bus again. NASCAR should remove his hard card immediately, meaning he cannot be in the pits, and more than likely, not be able to do truck races.

From a espn.com article:

"NASCAR could prove only one action -- radio communication between Norris and Vickers in which a confused Vickers was told to pit as the field went green with three laps to go. The request was made in an effort to giveJoey Logano position on the track to pass Jeff Gordon in the standings and knock Gordon out of the Chase so that Truex could gain the wild card."

so i ask again why is gordon not in the chase if nascar CAN prove gordon was screwed over???? That is 100% proof NASCAR really messed up BIG time

From a espn.com article:

"NASCAR could prove only one action -- radio communication between Norris and Vickers in which a confused Vickers was told to pit as the field went green with three laps to go. The request was made in an effort to giveJoey Logano position on the track to pass Jeff Gordon in the standings and knock Gordon out of the Chase so that Truex could gain the wild card."

so i ask again why is gordon not in the chase if nascar CAN prove gordon was screwed over???? That is 100% proof NASCAR really messed up BIG time

NASCAR is getting pelted with "Why isn't Gordon in?" questions from EVERYONE, from fans to reporters to even drivers - surprisingly not from Hendrick. They still haven't done enough, they know it, but can't do a damn thing about it now. They also know a chitstorm is going to happen at Chicagoland.

Also, 5 Hour Energy Tweeted that they were looking into their sponsorship internally.

Archived